clyp.it/retvosni
clyp.it/ws0ynpev
clyp.it/crjzydy0
clyp.it/ewpkmugp
clyp.it/wizvskgu
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

still /r/in halp from previous i'll be lurking in case anyone fagures it out

Any good harmony engine-like vst's?

Are you on Ableton? Are you playing midi? Chord device is your friend.

How badly mixed is this? It starts at 1:20

I want it to be gritty.

clyp.it/mjz5qvqu

is there some kind of sustain feature engaged on the keyboard?

sounds like you just put a filter on the master bus? be more creative tbqhwufamily

I use fl studio

So that means it mixes smoothly? There are 8 tracks in this song, and just one of them is a sample.

it means it sounds like you've put a weird lofi filter on the whole track which is pretty lazy

it's extremely muddy, where's all the high end?

I did lowpass the master bus at 7k and used a tape sound VST, but nothing else. I also over compressed every channel individually.

Do you have a midi cable AND a usb cable going from the keyboard? That would send duplicate midi notes which could cause problems.

Do you know if certain keys are not playing at all but some are?

Could be a keyrange restriction on your controller - usually there's a function like pressing n holding the octave up and down keys together then pressing the top and bottom keys on the keyboard

Who here does mashups?
How do you guys master and mix your stuff considering you're using stuff that's already mastered and mixed?

Which model is your Tascam interface, the 144 mk 1 or mk2?

fl studio has this instead

how would i apply this to vocals? The thing I like about harmony engine is how simple the design is. My trials about to run out though

>I did lowpass the master bus at 7k
the fuck? why?

It sounds mellower to my ears, I wish it would sound like a really old tape, obviously I'm open to criticism and probably there is some way to achieve this without lowpassing so much, but I don't know how yet.

do high shelves instead of low passes

Why does everything posted in these threads sound like music coming from a toy keyboard? Are you all trying to become Carpenter Brut or something? He's bad

because a lot of it is made with toy keyboards
also
>carpenter brut
>bad

I'm trying this right now, I'm not sure if I really like all this high end, but at least you got me working on it again, ty.

not everyone have a modular synth or a modular wireless synth

>a modular wireless synth

depends on what kind of work I do on my mashup.

there's a lot of newbies too

Like, how do you balance the volumes between the acapella and the instrumental?

clyp.it/vy25szgx

clyp.it/xhm02szv

any thoughts on these 2?

using your ears, might wanna slightly EQ the instrumental or multiband sidechain the higher frequencies to the vocal.

it's not that bad but sounds more like background music

I think technicolor is really nice and detailed. Even though I'm not a big fan of trap beats since they sound really cliche, I really like the pads and melodies you got there. Though I think some different chord progressions for the second half would have been better.

The other one, I can't say too much about. I just didn't like it too much. Same played-out trap beats but not as interesting melodically as technicolor.

What VSTs did you use for the pads and the melody by the way?

I used nexus for all the melody sounds on technicolor. Thanks for the feedback. The second one I didnt spend near the time on compared to technicolor

I'm experimenting with hip hop, are my beats rappable?

clyp.it/cvld4csq
clyp.it/j1cvr3a1
clyp.it/1ynpur4l

Why the fuck would you do this? Just learn music theory you idiots

can you post one of your mashups?

I would say no but i'm not a rapper. Very nice vibes though I think you just need some harder hitting drums

I know music theory, I'd rather press 1 key instead of 3 to make my I-ii-iii-IV-V-vi-viiĀ° progressions work. Learn to ableton, you fucking faggot.

fm8 a shit

clyp.it/nitvjecz

how's that

Yo guys.
So I got a mininova and am new to the whole thing. Novation finally got their website unfucked today so I was able to register it and get ableton and shit, and with all the free stuff came this "loopmasters" sample pack that had a lil 25% code for any "loopmasters" purchase. I didn't know what that was and I went to their site and I guess it's like sample packs and patches and loops and stuff. So I've got two questions:
1. are these packs just for suckers too lame or lazy to make their own sounds or is it not a bad idea to grab a pack
and
2. how do I tell what patches will work with my mininova? I know it takes syx files, but the formats on this site are like "Nnxt", "sfz", etc, and I'm having really poor luck finding whether or not these work with the mininova.

if ur the guy wondering if it's rappable or not i would still say no. It's a really nice compostion though i just think it sounds too lofi more like old video game music.

No that's not me, i wouldn't quantize a piano like that ugh

why does /prod/ get so triggered by chord shortcuts

clyp.it/i1pjrtgn

Finished the arrangement on this song yesterday, gonna begin mixdown tomorrow. Can I have some feedback please?

here's one i made yesterday that i think has the right vibe to rap over. It's not the most interesting song and could use some variation but i think it's rappable anyway.

I don't know what to do anymore. I never make anything that I like. clyp.it/zdzw3ada

well thanks btw

This is me

Sounds pretty good, but I am not super familiar with vapor wave style, but it sounds gritty and gives me weird 90's nostalgia feel. So I'd say you're doing good work. There is missing top end to the mix so it does feel really muddy, but it doesn't really sound "wrong" to me.

first track
The mix is nice, bass and kick low but punchy. It does get a little boring, but you are on the right track by adding new elements every so many bars. I'm sure theres a rapper out there that would love to put vocals to it.

Track 2
Intro was interesting, but could be faded a little more smoothly. If you rework on that I think you might find a better way to slide everything in there. The change up you had is a great idea, it's what track 1 almost needs. I like this track more.

Track 1
There's some mud that could be cut out of that piano. I think you can write decent music but you need to work on your sound designs and be more unique. very comfy though.

Track 2
Your hat is the same as track 1, or at least incredibly similar. Like i mentioned, focus more of your time on making unique sounds and it will push your music further. That little since near the end is nice and sounds like "Snail's House".

Track 3
Good ideas, you're kicks are more complex and that little tapping roll you have going in the background is interesting. Nothing too special though.

You seem like you're on the right track, just need to make more stuff. 10,000 hours.

I think everything was going so good until that lead came in at 0:15. It makes the track turn super cheesey really fast. Also if that's you playing piano then dam you have some good fingers. I enjoy the track though.

All of this is just my opinions, so take it or leave it.

Just keep making shit. Even if you make 99 tracks that you hate, if track 100 is one you do like, your skills will be so much more advanced than if track 13 was the one you liked.

Don't know if that made sense or not.

oops forgot link

clyp.it/b0khll15

I have the same exact problem rn
It's the wrost thing ever but baybe is just a phase

I've only ever made one song that I like. It's just hard to keep pushing on sometimes.

then make sounds. don't even try and make a song or music for that matter, make a synth or something. Just try and make noises/sounds/whatever. Something will happen.

Man, your stuff is top tier, seriously, I couldn't pinpoint anything wrong with it, I'm loving the way you used those voice samples, the drums sound great, the sub is tight, that chord progression is simple yet effective and the mix is really really clean.

10/10 wouldn't mind having your soundcloud.

clyp.it/qycu3pez

Thoughts on this? Is it too annoying?

clyp.it/fpymemzh

does the pad/soundscape/atmosphere shit soundbad?
it's not rly mixed or mastered yet

>the hip hop guy
The hats on the first two tracks are both simple white noise stuff, so that makes sense. I'll try harder to be more various.

clyp.it/soakv0sn
I'm making something of the same nature, hopefully I finish today.

clyp.it/kp5be0ia

meh it's kinda annoying, don't really see the point of the song. Didn't like the melody and synth that came in around 1:15

add some variation to the melody.

on the master cut below 35 or so hertz.
Didn't really see the point of the intro. Add percussion.

pretty chill, you could probably boost the portamento chords by 1db or so during the main parts.

You honestly never fail to impress me. Everything you produce is a meme.

yeah alright, nothing special really. more percussion

Not bad, kick needs to cut through the mix more though.

Chords aren't hard at all, if you don't have the patience to learn basic music theory, you won't have the patience to become a successful musician.

What genre is this? Will probably change the intro
clyp.it/kp5be0ia

>Chords aren't hard at all, if you don't have the patience to learn basic music theory, you won't have the patience to become a successful musician.
>implying using the full capabilities of your DAW means you don't know music theory
As I said before, learn Ableton before saying this kind of bullshit.

Honestly it would be faster to draw the chords.

100% learning the chords and writing them into MIDI is not a waste of time, it will allow you to experiment with accidentals while switching between flats and sharps.

it will allow you an innate understanding of different types of progressions, not just major and minor. Using chorded shortcuts is only going to stifle your understanding of your own music, and most likely, bottleneck the sound you have in your head between the one you are producing; i.e - you will find it easier to write the song in your head.

if you really dont agree with this then im sorry but you are a mug lol

i get its faster, its easier. i had a good friend talk to me about an Ableton integrated controller where different pads will cause different progressions, so i pressed one, and asked what was the sequence, what was the interval, what was the key, what was the root - and he simply didnt have an answer.

what a cop out desu

>100% learning the chords and writing them into MIDI is not a waste of time, it will allow you to experiment with accidentals while switching between flats and sharps.
You are still implying I don't know how to write them, I learned integer notation by heart because of that cheat sheet, that doesnt mean I don't know music theory.

>i learned intger notation by heart because of that cheat sheet
>that doesnt mean i dont know music theory

righteo

clyp.it/retvosni

what do you think?

>You honestly never fail to impress me. Everything you produce is a meme.
T-thanks

With your tracks, do you make them ironically or are you actually autistic?

what kind of music do they make

what genre is this?

clyp.it/ws0ynpev

Wow thank you very much for saying that (:

There is stil a lot I want to change in the track, the synth automation I did live and I find it sloppy in parts, so I'll redo that, and I have to do a cleaner mix. But thank you I'm glad you like it!

I don't have a SoundCloud because I don't post any music that I make online, other than clyp and here on Sup Forums. I feel I'm not ready to establish myself as an artist yet.

I mostly mess around with stuff in fl studio/live.
clyp.it/soakv0sn isn't meant to be ironic

I thought the same thing when I listened to be honest. It sounds like you are trying to badly emulate old MIDI game tracks. Do you shelve up the highs or something? Or do you intentionally make your sounds an harsh and unpleasant to listen to as possible.

The real questions

its like the song was generated by deaf demons with 80's MIDI for inspiration

How long have you been producing for? How have you not improved? This stuff is alright; if it happened to be the first track you ever made. I never, ever say this, but it might be time to give up

I didn't use any effects on that track.

I haven't really made anything else besides that. The rest of my stuff is mainly improve junk. I do have a bunch of very crappy snippets of ideas I made in fl studio. I've only really begun this 2-3 month ago.

....by effects you are referring to the question about shelving the highs?

Its not very.... musical....

Do you make your music sound bad on purpose?

Yes
No

anyone know good places to find samples?

In other Music.

alright smartass

where do I find good music to sample?
>inb4 itunes

you're joking, right?

clyp.it/ws0ynpev

No

What exactly is this?

You find and listen to music you like the progressions, instruments and/or rhythm of.

The way you find this is by listening to music.

Anyone know of any multiband imagers that can be set to respond to either a threshhold or an envelope?

I finished it.
clyp.it/crjzydy0

just fucking stop dude. your music is shit.

bangbang
clyp.it/ewpkmugp

Best/cheapest midi keyboard with at least 3 octaves, anyone?

could someone give me their opinion on my mix in this song so far?

clyp.it/wizvskgu

Yeah, even I noticed that. The vocals in some parts are too loud as well, I will begin the mix phase soon. Thanks for your feedback! (:

track for your video game about slithering through Rosie O'Donnel's irritable bowel syndrome afflicted guts? If so, good job. If not, fuck u

Whoops this post was meant for
thanks for your kind words!

anything you can get second hand off craigslist.

why are you so triggered by people using technology? get with the times grandpa

guessing this was meant for and to answer that question, pretty much any one by a reputable company that has the configuration of keys/pads/knobs/faders that you want and is in your price range

also like the other guy said, buy second hand and your money will go much farther

overused sample desu

you didn't answer his question

write ur name in MIDI

And you have to play it on a controller

>have to be tired to get musical ideas in my head
>must not be tired in order to transcribe and produce it

and i cant smoke weed anymore to get my head swarming either cos it gives me panic attacks