Anybody here a STEAM major?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/w2tg/home/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_artists_before_1900
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_artists_1900_and_after
youtube.com/watch?v=7G9tKkTKs6Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why are the arts even a major

there isn't. its just STEM. the only ones who add arts are liberal faggots who paid thousands of dollars for a degree that gets them nothing so they try to interject themselves into the groups of people who aren't failures.

This. It's so fucking stupid, considering the other fields of stem are literally based on concrete things, whereas art is subjective to personal opinion

yes op, electrical engineering

Arts it the odd one out,everything else contributes to the world

This is crap, first off, its stem, the idea was to get more people doing science not arts so they might help the general population. They added the a for the sjws. Im doing engineering.

Oh fuck the whole STEM idea. Hur I'm picking up a major that will help the world hurrrrrrrrrr. Meanwhile 95% of you stupid fucks graduate and get a job at Starbucks right next to the English majors because you're not fucking smart enough to actually get a job in your field. At least the arts is interesting and produces people who can actually carry a conversation.

>waah waah all my friends who took difficult courses ended up better off than me now i have to hang out with dropouts and other jew pets and bitch about smarter people

poorfag here. Please send STEAM keys

checkem

steamcommunity.com/id/w2tg/home/

c-c-communications

Bitch I make more money than you do, cuz a degree only means so much especially when you're a socially retarded faggot.
>Hurr but I know how to build a bridge tho

i play on steam does that count?

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

>Doesn't have a response
>Proceeds to meme post
See what I mean?

Was into engineering. But it's so saturated I decided on mathematics instead

nigga, I wasn't even part of this shit till I posted the meme shit. But no, arts is not equal to the rest of STEM. Please read a book or two

Business is an arts major. So is Law and Economics...

Art majors are useless. Max par, kiddo.

You're right, it's probably generally better.

Yeah but they're not.

how the fuck are you gonna get a job as an engineer (the only kind of job worth having) with a fucking art degree? are you kidding me?

Linguist so none of those.

Computerus Science here. Honestly much better choice than arts degree, mostly due to Gen Ed requirements.

Currently studying to get a degree in Classical Arts and Performance. Go STEAM team!

Too bad those aren't the people that run everything huh?

Yeah art majors run the world LMFAO

This user would know because his Uncle Peter is an engineer and he is the coolest

What a fucking joke. STEAM? Fucking pathetic. Philosophy > STEAM any day.

I'm a software developer for a somewhat large (~10K employees) company. I regularly find reason to gain more respect for our company's user experience (UX) and design team, who make sure our product looks good and makes good visual sense on top of just doing what it's supposed to.

I'm also grateful for our communication team, who put together our release notes and other documentation. Having access to good notes about what our software does makes my life way, way easier!

So, those guys touch on Technology, but most of what they do is Art. And they provide a huge amount of irreplaceable value.

whoever decided to add arts to STEM is obviously an arts major, get your careerless future the fuck out of the group of majors that can actually contribute something worthwhile to society

tl;dr I took the b8

Highschool drop out detected

I am honesty concerned about how you see the Art career in USA. I am currently studying Fine Arts (in a Public-Private University with a 100% Scholarship) and my minors are related with Photography, but I see that my exchange classmates only take like 10 courses in the whole career while I take 5-6 per year for 4 years.

Can someone explain how does a Major work? Is the same as an Undergraduate?

>science, technology, engineering, mathematics
>arts

Was this made by some "im smarts too guise" fag?

Anyhow, second year in electronic major reporting.

Arts?
America has no artistic culture whatsoever. Name three American artists who are not on the following pages:

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_artists_before_1900

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_artists_1900_and_after

>arts student detected

I WOULD like fries with that, thank you for asking.

Seriously just a reminder that the majority of STEM majors will end up working at like a bank. Prepare yourself for disappointment.

care to elaborate? How does someone not thinking arts should be in STEM = highschool dropout

Smh in my country we started to make Romantic paintings while in Europe the trending topic were the Vanguards ):

At least you weren't Japan

>inb4 "It's my styel!"

I'm guessing you don't have a post secondary?

> Also we declined to buy famous paintings for really low prices and now we don't have any masterpieces in our museum ):

Yea, Japan was pretty isolated by then (thanks Bill Wurtz for teaching me that)

Dude this entire thread is a bait.

No one puts Arts in with STEM unless they were baiting a trap.

>Law is an art major
Suuuuuure. We decide who goes to jail with our interpretation of physical evidence and information never mind the science involved, I mean if he says he didn't kill her, I really really think he's innocent.

>Name an American artist that's not from america.
Walterwhiteyougotme.gif

You mean as long as he has enough money he's innocent. Don't pretend like you actually do anything.

Here is some Japanese "art" today. By Takashi Murakami.

Mariko Mori and the old woman with the obsessions with dots (which name I wanted to forget because it became literally poser cancer in my country) are pretty awesome as well (:

Gey that filthy fucking A out of there

Get the fuck out A-hole.

Get it?

STEM? More like, NERDS, am I right guys?!

But what are your thoughts on Arts in general? (And I'm not talking about the white cancerous feminist that likes to draw fanarts but with fat & black girls)

youtube.com/watch?v=7G9tKkTKs6Q

Go fuck yourself with a shotgun

Criminal justice is a social sciences degree so I guess I'm technically in that category but I don't really think I am..

sounds like the bridge the gap between the intelligent and the uneducated... helping make technology user friendly through pictures rather than big words...

No it isn't ,any economic related major is a social science

Kek

>sounds like the bridge the gap between the intelligent and the uneducated... helping make technology user friendly through pictures rather than big words...

>helping make technology user friendly through pictures rather than big words...

Literally semiotics

Also if people can't use technology that is supposed to be widely available then what is the point?

Can I play too?

Bachelor degree in geological sciences

I enjoyed your contribution user. And I agree finger painting absolutely has a place in the STEM program.

What are the only arts that could apply? Commercial art like branding and graphic design?

only thing i will say is that english majors can become lawyers and shit, a lot of the arts degrees are wastes that people use to get into grad school

English Major career options:
>Lawyer
>Shit

Pick one

I am 100% triggered rn

lawyer isnt a shitty gig

I think he was saying either a lawyer or shit.

i know but lawyer makes up for the fact that the other options are shitty

I enjoyed that and made my own

sometimes, just as everything else leading up to a carrier, a degree's purpose is to show how smart someone is, not necessarily a skill in a field. People use physics degrees for this purpose more often than art degrees though.

Social sciences are jumped up humanities, but who cares? Most people in the hard sciences make shit anyway.

are we gonna include social sciences in stem? well then i guess women's studies is coming along for the ride...

Wait so I'm confused. Is law not classified as an art in the United States?
Because if law is an art major, a lot of the "stem" students in this thread seem to forget that someone with an art degree literally runs your country.

Read Sun Jew's "The Art of Law"

>why do we need arts
>watches media related content