I turned 50 yesterday. Why don't you worthless little shits ask me what it's like

I turned 50 yesterday. Why don't you worthless little shits ask me what it's like.

Is it exactly the fucking same as when you were 49yrs and 364 days old????

Fuck off, new fag.

Are you voting for trump?

Dad?

Oddly enough, no. The big round numbers have a psychological effect on you, whether you lie it or not.

That's not a question.

I'm not American and I'm not a moron, so no x 2.

My lol summoner name is "older than dad"
(don't bother looking it up. I suck and don't even play ranked)

>I'm not American
Well anyone who isn't American is instantly classified as a moron.

they might have an effect on you. Haven't on me so far, although I'm not quite as old as you, you old old old bastard

You're lucky. Every decade, try as I might to think that the x*10 birthday is just another day in a series, I get all fucked up and soul-searching. 20 was "what the fuck am I going to do with my life". 30 and 40 were more "what the fuck am I doing/have I done with my life" and 50 is too much of "fuck me, it's more than half over and I got fewer days ahead than I got behind me". It's a sobering thought, however drunk you might get.

Call me 4139305079

That's funny coming from an oil kike

I may be old, son. But I'm still NYPA.

your attitude to life sounds more like the problem rather than what the arbitrary markers we have assigned to revolutions round the sun add up to.

what is the point in worrying about how close from death you are? you don't know, you could be one fucking day from death in a freak accident, you can't try and judge any sense of accomplishment from guesswork about how long you've got left to live.

regrets are for pussies who don't just get on with accomplishing what they want to.

at 50 you might have 1 day left, you might have 50 years left - just get on do what you want to do, make things happen and don't be so afraid of inevitable mortality.

this dude sounds drunk as fuck

Go to store and od and resveratrol and rapamycin. Dying of old age is so 2010

that I understood about 30% of that short sentence is an indictment of your poor communication skills.

Spoken like someone who is young. When you get older - if you get older - you start feeling a little more in touch with your own mortality. It's just something that happens. To all of us. Meanwhile, there's nothing wrong with my attitude, and there's nothing wrong with a little soul searching.

How in the hell did your old dusty ass end up on Sup Forums?

Does the thought of absolute nothingness for the rest of eternity upon death scare you as you get older? Or are you perhaps religious? Just curious.

Been here on and off since pretty early days. Even now, every once in a while, there is a shiny gem in the heaping pile of shit that makes it worth checking in.

I guess older does not mean wiser.

I told you, I'm not much younger than you

Not religious at all. And it's not so much the idea of what might be after death so much as the idea of an end to what I have going here that worries me, if that makes sense.

>searching for life's answers on /b
Didn't learn a thing in 50 years, didja Gramps?

Are you an engineer?

Anyway, what do you wish you would've done when you were 21?

Hell no. Anyone that claims otherwise is blowing smoke up your ass.

No, you didn't tell me. But the fact that you think you did when you actually didn't tells me that you have a mental state somewhere north of decaying, so you might well be.

>GrandpAnon is an old fag

Assuming you were here in 2003 (you weren't) that would still mean you were over the hill when you started coming here.

What attracted you, somebody pushing 40 at the time to come to an anime shit posting site? Like how did you hear of Sup Forums and why did you bother checking it out?

are u still a virgin

Not searching for anything, son. Offering wisdom, or what passes for it. Or pure bullshit. But not searching for a damned thing.

Not an engineer. Though I did study engineering for a year in uni when I was 21. As for what I wish I had done at that age? I dunno. Can't really see any major life choices I could have done differently. Maybe I should have avoided that burrito during exam week. That's about it.

As in, fear that the life you have will come to an end? That you won't wake up to anything again and you'll lose everything you've made in this life without a say?
Apologies if it sounds too edgy, but you mentioned that turning 50 has psychologically affected you, and I'm just curious on how you see things then.

Always attracted to shit sites that were the seedy underbelly of the interwebs. Back in the newsgroup days, I subscribed to some of the more awful and prank-inclined ones. Used to read stile project, rotten.com and similar sites when they had some interesting and original content. When those dried up, I drifted here.

>Offering wisdom, or what passes for it.

Whatever.

What fetish(es) have you acquired from Sup Forums, and who is your dream waifu?

So what did you major in?
Did you not like engineering?
Any advice you have for the youngsters on this site?

I'm a fat ugly motherfucker who has not only fucked, but has bred. You can too, if you believe!

It's a fun, multifaceted kind of fear. Fear that I die before my kids get old enough to be independent. Fear that they discover my dead body (maybe naked, gripping my dick in rigor mortis with some trap thread or similar awfulness on the monitor in front of me). Fear that death will hurt. Fear of no longer drawing breath, eating, drinking, shitting, fucking, doing the things that, you know, living people do. It's not driving force in my life, and even though I'm talking about it here that doesn't mean that I CONSTANTLY obsess over it. ...but it's there.

>they might have an effect on you. Haven't on me so far, although I'm not quite as old as you, you old old old bastard
>not quite as old as you

oh yeah, look, you're wrong.

I see you now. I bet you were an annoying cod-philosopher morbid bastard even in your twenties. Probably a goth.

I haven't really acquired any fetishes per se. hmmm... there are a couple of traps that I find kinda sexy though I never would have thought that possible (pic related). But the fetishes I got I always had, other than that.

I majored it artsy fartsy shit in the end: English and Cultural studies. I hated engineering with all my heart. Funny thing is, I regret not becoming an engineer and I would have more financial stability had I stuck with it. But I also might have just hung myself from the first bridge I designed at 30.

Only advice I dare to give from my many (?) years of existence is: this too shall pass.

(meaning don't get too would up in shit. It'll pass. It'll get better. And/or it'll get worse. But you can weather the storm and get on with shit)

>I see you now. I bet you were an annoying cod-philosopher morbid bastard even in your twenties. Probably a goth.

More proof that you're a young motherfucker: there were no goths when I was in my 20s.

Greetings fellow oldfag. I'll be 48 in a couple months. These little fuckers have no idea what the Internet used to look like.

were you around in the days of USENET and alt.tasteless? Good times!

It weirds me the fuck out to think that my kids were born AFTER the internet became ubiquitous, and never knew a world without it.

Do the names Steven Snedker or Lenore Levine or Vinnie Jordan mean anything to you? None of them are me but those are alt.tasteless titans I remember.

Between 1986 and 1996? No goths?

what the actual fuck. are you lying about your age or just making this up or something

>these little fuckers have no idea what the Internet used to look like
Are you retarded? I'm 28 and I can make that same statement.

You literally just went full retard

We called them Wave-o's back then.

Not off the top of my head. But when ya get old, the memory goes, eh? I do remember hosting one alt.tasteless denizen on my couch once because he was passing through my town. He ended up puking in a jar and pissing my gf off.

This pic is on the cover of my ochem book KEK

>Are you retarded? I'm 28 and I can make that same statement.

No. No you can't. Because the internet in the days of USENET and text-only web browsers was orders of magnitude different that the internet of your most distant memory vs today.

You were fucking 6 years old when I started using the Internet. Back then we had to learn to use Unix and know the special FTP sites and wait for 10 minute downloads to look at severed cock pictures and dogs fucking women. You are quite simply not old enough to understand where I'm coming from. Thanks for trying though.

OP here:
Gopher! Lynx! ...am I getting you hard yet oldfriend?

And uudecode, and zmodem. Good times.

Anybody who's never heard of Serdar Argic please go look him up and learn what life used to be like.

Happy Belated Birthday, BTW.
Turned 50 myself WAAY back in February.
No questions for you, as I already know most of the aches and pains you're going though.
Just thought I'd mention it.

How r u not ded

You sound like me (46). Been tooling around the underbelly of the Internet since forever. One of the first IRCrs.

You strike me as someone with a Metafilter account.

ahhh, my fellow oldfucks come out of the woodwork. Warms the cockles of my heart!

Archie. Veronica.

My first modem was a 300baud.

Says the 19 year old to a man twice his weight over the internet "i could fuck you up" he knows the other man is scared. But whats this?! The other man uses logic to combat this? The 19 year old has never heard of reasoning and decides to call him a faggot and leave

maybe in whatever retarded place you come from

I guess you're not english

either way, they existed, you just called them something other than the actual subculture name, therefore they didn't exist in the late eighties when it WAS A FUCKING MASSIVE SUBCULTURE THAT SAD TWATS STILL TRY AND EMULATE

Speaking of sad twats, you seem rather angry and intense. What was it you were trying to prove again?