READ!!!

READ!!!

The marines have flamethrowers and fuel to last 900 octillion years, after that its handguns and boots.
The fight takes place on an infinite flat field, obviously not in this universe so no black holes and shit. The marines start in 1 group and the ants come from all directions (by foot) untill 1 team is 100% dead.
No death by hunger, dehydration, old age or disease but the marines still need sleep. No reproduction either.

Which team would win and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham's_number
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you understand how big graham's number is?

well nobody understand fully, but i have a good idea. How about you answer the question? How do you think the fight would go?

I can't imagine a clear winner

alright, I'll bite.

Let's assume the marines are in the center of the universe, exactly, and the ants have 'appeared' around them, and extend outwards to the borders of the universe (and beyond depending on how dense they are).

Obviously the ants have tiny space suits, and the marines have suits that somehow convert solar energy into infinite breathable air inside their suits or some shit.

So, the marines (logically) form a sphere around the center of the universe, and activate their weapons as the ants advance.

(let's replace 'flamethrower' with plasma beam or something, since flamethrowers would be useless in space)

As the ants are killed, over the octillions of years the epic battle ensues, the stronger, more plasma beam-resistant ants will be naturally selected. The freakishly largew and intelligent ants will survive, breeding at the fringes of the mass...(will continue)

Well, depends how smart the soldiers are, and how they use the flamethrowers, if they are you're basic soldiers or better then obviously the soldiers, FlameThrowers are OP against Ants.

But what happens after the fuel runs out?

dont bother writing more before you read the rules, no breeding and the battle takes place on an infinite flat field.

Obviously OP doesn't really have a handle on the quantities that he's casually throwing around here. The whole mess would collapse into an incomprehensibly huge supermassive black hole under the force of its own gravitation.

Is a peace treaty out of the question?

>read the rules
Yes.

>no black holes

Ants win.. too big of a number for us to even comprehend

(cont'd)

fuck the rules, I'm having fun

As the marines begin to run out of fuel (let's ignore how they bred/ate/slept/fought in shifts for 900 octillion years; maybe they made a pact with cthulu to siphon energy from another dimension to power their matter replicators or some shit), the ants send forth their most beastly warriors.

After so many aeons, the ants have mutated, and grown more intelligent. After failed attempts to treat with the humans as the plasma beam onslaught continued, the ants' consordium of emperors (for the ants long ago split into tribes and began civil wars amongst themselves for the universe's resources), decide that the human threat, which has been growing as the ants' numbers have decreased in said civil wars, must be expunged once and for all.

The ants wait for the marines' fuel to wear out. Since their 'handguns' (lets be generous and say 'plasma pistols') are far less effective, and the humans have spent so much time fapping on 4816chan rather than developing new weapons.

Then, the ants simply smother the humans with their vastly greater numbers. They vibrate (like bees encasing a wasp), and raise the temperature of the human horde until fusion occurs, transforming the marines into a star.

Even if the fight had occurred as OP described, the ants would have overwhelmed the humans by sheer mass, clogging any weapons they were using, no matter how advanced (unless the humans had a strangelet bomb or something not in the previous 'rules).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham's_number

damn guys you were fast to call him out on hes bullshit.

I actually do have a handle and that is why "no black holes" is in the rules, its supposed to be a battle.

As absurdly huge as a googolplex is, it is utterly dwarfed by Graham's number. Even with all that time and AoE potential, the marines are gonna be completely overwhelmed. This isn't a battle, it's a one-sided massacre, and the ants will come out on top.

Isn't that number like as big as the universe or some bull shit.

You don't get to sidestep the unintended consequences if your insipid 'ants vs marines' scenario by citing whatever bullshit rules you pulled out of your pasty hairy ass. Fuck you and fuck your rules.

If you took every single atoms in the known universe, expanded it to the size of our known universe (so a universe for every atom), then you made even atom in all these universes a digit, you would not have enough digits to write out graham's number.

the blackhole rule is in the description

No black holes my ass. This whole asinine thread is a fucking black hole.

that is also true for a googolplex, what is your point?

What kind of ants? Are the a tad aggressive from the start?

Put a number on one proton, you could not put Graham's number in the universe. A Googoleplex
can't even fit, and it is as far from Graham's number as a googoleplex is to us.

They only live to attack the marines untill they die.

Grahams number is bigger. It's probably Google plex to its own power. Day9 the starcraft guy had a pretty decent explanation although it's a tad long. Want the link?

The ants. Graham's number is mind boggling

But we talking black ants? Honeypot ants? Bullet ants? Spicy boys?

seen it, and many other explanations of it, but do give us the link.
The whole reason i make this thread is to get people look this shit up on their own.

Then in that case, the obvious outcome of OP's scenario is that the ants infest his anus while the marines jack off on his face.

Better start stomping.

just normal ants, it really makes no difference here, you could take the smallest and there is and it would not make a tiny bit of difference.

A googol (10^100) is a decent guesstimate for the number of elementary particles (electrons, quarks, etc.) in the observable universe [citation needed]. A googolplex (10^googol) is so unimaginably huge that it's pretty much futile to compare its size to the universe itself, let alone anything in it. Graham's number is so absurdly ginormous that it dwarfs a googolplex to an even larger degree than the googolplex dwarfs the universe.

what happens when your boots get so worn they disappear? could you stomp ants on your bear feet for an eternity?

Ants.
Graham's number is so large that we can't visually represent it in our observable universe even if each digit was as small as a Planck length

also true for a googoplex.

They won't. Military issue boots would outlast the person using them.

t. I have a pair and they've been through shit

Eventually the Marines will have enough dead ant matter to build a dome to stay safe inside, the ants will get bored and start killing eachother because they are retarded ants, once there's like 100,000 ants left the Marines will break their way out of the ant-matter dome and kill off the rest of the ants...
Ez win for Marines.

This user has a pretty good idea of one of the issues. The number of ants may as well be infinite. However I disagree with the conclusion.

1 googolplex marines arranged in a circle on this infinite flat plane would have an an almost incomprehensible radius. Even if the ants were to march unopposed towards the center it would still take them a googolplex/googol years at the very least. This is how much time the marines in the center have to come up with a plan to stop the ants indefinitely when their only materials are their equipment and 900 octillion years of flamethrower fuel and several hundred googolplex pounds of flesh and bone. We might not be able to comprehend a perfect defense against an effectively infinite wave of ants but after a that much time the marines might be able to figure it out.

TLDR
The marines have a ton of time to come up with the perfect defense.

have you tried using then for octillion years?
yeah i doubt they could last that long even if they were made of neutronium.

No person could last that long. Stop being retarded.

soldiers will need food and water to survive so i would say ants... they would eat each other and there's an almost infinite number of them so yeah ants

but to make that case you have to demonstrate that a perfect defence is not only possible, but inevitable and would not fail if a human made an error, it would take an almost infinite time to kill and almost infinite amount of ants.

And this is all ignoring the fact that the marines would have killed themselves BY CHOISE in a couple of years at most.

How are black holes made, and why does it involve ants

damn it, just saw the no death to hunger thing

>transforming the marines into a star
Mamma always told me I'd be a star someday. I just didn't think she meant it literally!

well in this scenario they do, so you stop being retarded and answer the question, what would you do after all your equipment is gone?

>getting mad when people don't follow your idiotic 'rules'

Ah, summer

>wouldn't lighting a bundle of ants in the ocean of ants be enough to cause a chain reaction of flaming ants ocean?
>wouldn't the ants melt under the heat of the burning ants, cause a molten ant ocean?
>wouldn't the friction of the ant ocean create heat rivaling a quasars butthole?
>is this fight not basically a molten ocean vs a mound of burning man flesh?
>did i forget to unequip my retarded helmet?

H-Help me Grape Chan, I need your love..

black holes are made with enough mass, with basically infinite amount of ants, a black hole would be inevitable.

Military issue boots didn't even last me a single fucking fire season.

1. its a battle so even if that was true it would be ignored to make the battle possible.
2. ants burn endrothermically, meaning they absorb heat instead of spreading it.

omg fuckin 5 star post. i laughed heartily

Easy, just make all the ants do the spiral of death

he buck discipline thirsts next to a medium bug of he junk spans a crossroad but army a he feminist reigns on top of the dirt!

This is a YLYL thread now because that's all it's good for at this rate.

>fuck the rules, I'm having fun

I like you.

heat of fire won't the triumph abort?

SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH YOUR FANCY SCIENCE TALK.

wHY ARE tHOSE CORn FLakES GREEN?

Grahm's number is orders of magnitude more than all the number of all atoms in our universe combined. If there were ants equal to Graham's number, and laws of the universe were consistent with live Marines and ants, where flame throwers could operate, than the mass of the ants would condense into a point of space taking the marines and flamethrowers with them.

>Both sides would be 100% annihilated, so both win and loose the same amount.

If the ants were sufficiently spread thin enough not to gravitationally collapse, the expansion of space would make it impossible for most of the ants to travel to the marine's location, then the marines would win against the googleplex or so of relevant ants.

Suicide would be a huge issue yes. However there are MANY marines. Even if only one out of a googol has the mental fortitude to deal with an eternity of attacks by ants that still leaves an arbitrarily large number available to fight.

As for a perfect defense I can't fathom it. I doubt any of us can. But then again I doubt a caveman could fathom landing on the moon, or flying through the air, or even machines powered by lightning. And the Marines have SO much longer to come up with a plan. It would almost certainly be incomprehensible to us.

The marines because you can make a smore out of Graham's number then use the flamethrower to cook.

A planet doesn't have enough mass to cause a black hole itself? How was this theory proved.

treasure postpones the earned garden outside the outcry leaps a complex.

If marines didn't need to sleep, they would win.
But marines need sleep apparently so the ants could win.

Stick win every time

user speaks true

no im not saying you need to tell us the perfect plan, i just want you to tell me why it would be even possible, because i dont think it would be and tbh i dont think you do either.
or can you really tell me you believe it to be possible for a human to kill an infinite amount of ants?

ANTS WIN

can my desire touch its doubt?

graham's crackers

A black hole occurs when a dying star runs out of fuel and collapses in on itself. If it's a star full of flame resistant super ants it will be a massive black hole called uranus.

not a planet, a star, which is just a planet but so big it heats up and starts the fusion reaction and starts producing light.
Do you even know what a black hole is?

"Graham's number is an unimaginably large number that is an upper bound on the solution to a certain problem in Ramsey theory. It is named after mathematician Ronald Graham who used the number as a simplified explanation of the upper bounds of the problem he was working on in conversations with popular science writer Martin Gardner. Gardner later described the number in Scientific American in 1977, introducing it to the general public. The number was published in the 1980 Guinness Book of World Records which added to the popular interest in the number.

Graham's number, although smaller than TREE(3), is much larger than many other large numbers such as Skewes' number and Moser's number, both of which are in turn much larger than a googolplex. As with these, it is so large that the observable universe is far too small to contain an ordinary digital representation of Graham's number, assuming that each digit occupies one Planck volume, possibly the smallest measurable space. Even power towers of the form are insufficient for this purpose, although it can be described by recursive formulas using Knuth's up-arrow notation or equivalent, as was done by Graham."

The volume of the ants would be larger than the entire local plane, the mass of the ants would instantly collapse into a black hole killing everyone and everything in a radius probably measured in billions of light years. The relativistic jets from this singularity would sterilize a large quantity of the rest of the universe with intense x-ray blasts. There is a possibility that upon merging with the supermassive black holes at the cores of the galaxies that it devours that it could devour the entire universe in a runaway chain reaction of mass increases. This may or may not cause the universe to restart itself as all matter is broken down to it's simplest form and compressed into a single point.

Ma bum?

so much research and still didnt bother to read the damn rules.
what a shame

He is right tho, even if you can't understand.

The winner is, and always will be this

>one magma

But where would you get the marshmallow and chocolate?

Eat them

yeah, you can kill a lot of ants with enough fuel to last 900 octillion years.

one little match and a couple drops of fuel can kill hundreds of ants no problem. and when they're all close together, they light up like a christmas tree.

i know someone who fell asleep near a fire ant bed and got stung hundreds of times by a huge nest and they were pretty much back to normal in a few days. i know it's a large number of ants and all, but they'd just burn like hell even after 900 octillion years, all the way until the flames reached whatever hole they were crawling out of and just keep burning and burning and burning and so on. ants are one of the more flammable insects tbh.

Most of science is fake...

>Both sides would be 100% annihilated, so both win and loose the same amount.
>loose

Behold my theorem that proves man can be intelligent and stupid at the same time.

The defense doesn't have to be perfect enough to kill infinite ants. Just 'perfect' enough to kill Grhrams number. I'm not going to even try to comprehend how big it is so I'm just trying to go with the marines defending against an effectively endless onslaught.

I think, given enough time they would find a way to block them almost entirely. If their wall reduces a 'wave' of a googol ants to only 1000 then a few marines could mop them up. Or not. There could just as easily be a just as effective second perimeter. So those 1000 ants are thinned to only 1 ant every billion years, which ends up biting a marine and getting splatted.

ants would win. the ratio of ants vs marines is incomprehensibly in favour of the ants. we're talking far more than trillions of ants per person

where is the intelligent part tho? he didnt even read the rules.

Yeah that was totally just an opinion and he read the rules because thats your opinion right?

A black hole is formed when matter collapses within its Schwarzschild radius. Essentially, you compress the matter until its escape velocity exceeds the speed of light. IIRC, any amount of mass can accomplish this. What matters is the density. Thing is, if you don't have all that much mass, the structural integrity of the matter will prevent a collapse.

The "usual" way to get around this is to gather a shitton of mass so that the matter can't withstand the gravity anymore. Planets aren't nearly massive enough to collapse into a singularity on their own. IIRC, the Schwarzschild raduis of the Earth is 4mm. So the event horizon of a black hole that is as massive as the Earth would have a radius of 4mm (~0.16 inches for you amerifags).

tl;dr: Planets be too strong and ain't heavy enough to make black holes.

>Schwarzschild radius

Otherwise known as the Event Horizon.

This stupid shit again?

no, those arent the same thing, not even close.

with super massive black holes the event horizon in far away from the actual matter inside the hole.

All insects are extremely flammable, I had box elders in some logs outside my house, threw the logs in a pit, lit a piece of a paper on fire, shoved it in a crack, the box elders were flammable enough to burn the log, and subsequently the rest of them.

MAH RULLEEESSSS

Wrong. A Planck length is very, very small. The smallest thing there is. There are more Planck lengths in the universe than digits in googolplex.
Fewer atoms than digits in googolplex though

Your dick must also be a Planck Length to know so much about it.

Very well.

By your rules exactly: You didn't say they couldn't go insane, just that they couldn't die from it. Eventually they would simply allow themselves to be killed.

In the spirit of the answer you want: There would be so many ants that they would be able to swarm the Marines without issue. Real groups of ants which are very large are known to rush over whole forests like locusts eating everything in their path. If these ants are interested in killing the Marines at all it would be to eat them, they are after all, ants. So presumaly they're meat eating ants and would swarm them so goddamn hard they would pile on top of the fallen, they would probably win in less than 30 minutes.