Wtf this is like Joy Division but better

wtf this is like Joy Division but better

Other urls found in this thread:

consequenceofsound.net/2013/09/television-secretly-recorded-a-new-album-in-2007/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>is like Joy Division
What are you smoking?

>but better
again what are you on

guitar music at its peak. so many creative things done with guitars on this album, it's mind-blowing.

I love the album, and it's probably my favorite post-punk album unless Pere Ubu counts as post-punk (some count them as "art punk" instead). But they are NOTHING at all like Joy Division.

wtf i hate the strokes now

>some count them as "art punk" instead
they can be both

keep us updated on your first 24 hours with post punk music

Have you heard any other post-punk OP? They sound nothing like Joy Division

This is a dumb bait thread, but Television is in fact much, much better than Joy Division in every aspect.

I feel weird every time I call this punk, even though it came out of New York it feels so opposite of what was going on during that time

Marquee Moon is, it's a masterpiece.

However, Television themselves made nothing as good as it, whilst Joy Division made two superb albums, making them far more consistently great.

I think that band Vietcong or whatever they're called now ripped off the title track.

But Television has literally nothing in common with Joy Division

Because they're so similar

no wave
post punk
alt rock
post post punk
art punk
alt grunge
progressive dream funk
television

And all along I thought Television was trying to be the second coming of The Velvet Underground. Silly me!

Adventure and S/T are also both really good but nobody every talks about them.

Mars is one of the best television songs

There's also this.

consequenceofsound.net/2013/09/television-secretly-recorded-a-new-album-in-2007/

I hope it eventually gets released in some form.

Tom Verlaine is one of those guitarists and Marquee Moon is one of those albums that almost everyone can agree are great.

I wouldn't call Marquee Moon to be "the peak" of guitar music, but it's certainly a peak of its own.

you/re a retard

holy fuck, get on it boys
saw em live last year, still fucking killer
didn't play anything off of adventure or s/t sadly, but they did cover psychotic reaction for the encore