True Detective: 3rd Season of HBO Crime Drama Unlikely to Be Made, Report Says

There you ave it folks

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/article/true-detective-season-3-not-likely-soon-nic-pizzolatto--new-hbo-project-20160525?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=IW_post
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They shouldn't have made a second season, desu

Should've just let the McConaughey and Woody season stand alone as a one season story

but season 2 was better

>In other words. Nic Pizzolatto pitched a bunch of garbage, just like season two, but this time he doesn't have the benefit of doubt

Just proves how much of a hack he is.

RIP DUSTY MASON

even Deadwood had a 3rd season..

Source??

>yfw no Mike Myers and Brendan Fraiser team up

indiewire.com/article/true-detective-season-3-not-likely-soon-nic-pizzolatto--new-hbo-project-20160525?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=IW_post

It definitely wasn't. Season one felt like a finished novel onscreen. Season two was a mess of a half-formed idea. Oh, and memes aside, the people in season two are all unlikable. The strength of season one is we like the True Detectives. All the people in season two are miserable and it doesn't feel bad when they come to their miserable ends.

However you feel about the writing, this makes zero business sense.

What is HBO thinking?

We will never get to experience more epic TD style Intros n themes... dat imagery

I was waiting all year for the 3rd one...

"Season 2 was a mistake" -Pizzalatte.

i wish he got some co-writers and got to make a season 3, i feel like it could work, i imaged like 4-5 seasons of this show after season 1...

HBO has the liberty of putting quality over monetary value when it chooses to. This should be celebrated, not questioned.

well maybe his next show will be better

>game of thrones
>quality

>tfw vince posting is dead
Caspere knew this!

GODFUCKINGDAMMIT

Oh no! Not pseudo smart new age shit flick? Ples no

deepest fucking lore

>3rd Season of HBO Crime Drama Unlikely to Be Made, Report Says

Thank God!

While I did in a way enjoy laughing AT season2, it was such a fish in the barrel past-time it was sad.

Quality my ass

>Should've just let the McConaughey and Woody season stand alone as a one season story

Exactly, then we'd all be going, "wow that was good too bad it ended". Instead we got the steaming pile that was season2, which still makes my head hurt even thinking about it.

Fukunaga made true detective what it was, not Lattepizza.

PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This sums True Detective's demise up nicely.

It's kind of unfortunate, I liked the "nature" of the show- two detectives unraveling a much grander conspiracy and toppling major public figures while uncovering a complex lore. It's got cults, southern zealousness and someone in desperate pursuit of the truth.

The second season couldn't compare. Sure, it had an all-star cast, but the atmosphere was a definite downgrade and the lore in season 2 was almost non-existent. I understand that on television they want to cover "the human condition" or whatever and give depth to their characters, but they made too large of a segue-way and wound up abandoning the concepts which made their show popular to begin with.

They tried to hard. Way too hard. They ruined a perfectly good show.

Wait! If there's no Season3 what am I going to do with my 417 saved high quality info-images about the series?!?!?!?!?

2deep4u, pleb?

what is this pic about? Marty's dauther was raped?

>make 1st season about conspiracies, compelling characters, great actors, visionary director and generally everything though out to the last detail
>make 2nd season about real estate frauds and some dudes who happen to be around that
>fails
Gee I wonder why

missing the point this hard is just sad...

The actors, the setting, the motif for season two were spot on. To bad Fukunaga was busy directing the movie of the year with future James.

It's a shame, I enjoyed S2.

yes

Thank god

And when is the "season 2 was good" meme going to end? It's not that funny of a meme

Why was season 2 so shit?

Haven't watched the show at all.

ratings dont really matter for HBO since it is a subscription based channel. critical acclaim, awards, etc do matter since it makes people subscribe (pay $$$) to get HBO on their cable service.

Season2 was a joke

Miss me yet? Anybody knows that the performances of McCaugnhey / Harrelson and the direction of Fukunaga was what made Season 1 great and it literally had nothing to do with Pizza.

It had nice ideas but the story as a whole was a senseless mess and the conclusion was really unsatisfactory

This Tbh.
The story and the writing by itself was nothing special, The atmosphere, pacing and the performances made the show.

It removed everything that made S1 unique and distinctive so it was just an edgy cop drama with a mediocre plot.

If it was its own thing it would be fine and maybe lauded on its own terms, but as a season of True Detective it was terrible.

Fukunaga wasn't involved
Pizza had all the power
Vinceposting
Convoluted and messy storytelling
Season 1 only had Rust and Marty and they worked together so they shared the screen and drove the story forward together
Season 2 had Ray, McAdams, GayCop, and Vince and each had their own side stories that pulled the narrative in different directions that didn't work well

is this the biggest and quickest fall from grace for a tv show ever? 1st season was raved about as "as good as television gets" and then cancelled a season later

it was on par with the first season, you're just a mindless pleb jbr famalam

It wasn't, people just had their expectations way too high and then called it complete garbage when it wasn't perfect. It has flaws but it in no way deserved to take it in the ass as hard as it did.

yes, but the show hasn't been canceled. Pizz is simply working on another project. HBO is game if Pizz wants to do another season. the way i see it, i'd do something else first, too, then return. he's already worked on the screenplay for the remake of Magnificent Seven, and now it seems he's pitching another series or feature for HBO before considering another season of TD. seems Pizz's weakness as a writer is his lack of ideas for future storylines. he's more of a one-and-done type of writer. so i say let him take his time and hopefully he'll write a worthy follow up season and collaborate with a great director to see it come to fruition.

Pizza please. It was disappointing and everyone knows it.

>green ears
>he paints with his ears
s1 was the joke

I did like season 1 much better too

Still I cried like a baby when the gay detective got shot in the back and died, just thinking about it makes me sad. It was mostly because of the old movie his wife was watching, that was the thing that got to me and i teared up.

season 2 is still better than GOT

It was pretty bad, mediocre at the very best. Everyone needs to stop apologizing for it

This pic is right about something at least.
S2 lacked big juicy tits.

this sounds very similar to s1

She's a fucking cow

Hey look it's the retarded contrarian, back again with one of his classic shitposts

Yeah and daddy wants some milk

>s2 is too different from s1
>waaaaaaaaaah its too different ;_;
>pitch ideas for s3
>waaaaaaaaaah its too similar ;_;

lets just face it, no one was going to be happy with season 2 no matter what. If it stuck with the 2 cop format investigating a cult all of you faggots would have cried about it being the same. Pizza's a hack, one trick pony. Nothing new.

>If it stuck with the 2 cop format investigating a cult all of you faggots would have cried about it being the same
nice hypotheticals there

>movie has too much exposition dump
>HURRRR DURRR THANKS IM NOT A RETARD
>movie doesn't have any exposition dumps
>I NEED MY HAND HELD SOMEBODY SPOONFEED ME

this board is very predictable

>tfw no adolf hitler and josef stalin teaming up to bring down a satanic pedophile ring in berlin of 1930

I just watched Season 2 recently and really liked it. What was everyone's beef? It felt like a new spin on the first season's premise; severely broken characters combating with each other and themselves while in pursuit of something greater. 1 was a tighter package, but I liked the sprawling cast of 2.

lacking exposition wasnt one of the main complaints though..using elements which could've made the season good and turning it into a real estate cop drama between 4 fucking characters is

autism, folks. right here.

>70054194
Everything the other posters said, plus a really bad location. It's just like a million other dark and moody Fincher/Mann knockoffs in LA. Compare that to how alive and distinct rural, impoverished Louisiana felt in the first season. I still have the first season committed to memory from how well directed/shot it was, whereas just a year later the majority of S2 has been forgotten.

Kubrick must be doing back-flips in his grave knowing that this worthless hack will be adapting his Napoleon
I bet it will be even more pathetic than his laughable and embarassing failed oscar bait Memes of No Nation.

i thought the characters were a little over the top with all the trauma - it was too much, this is my biggest problem with it
i also remember a lot of coincidences

i predicted a fedora tipping autist would complain about Sup Forums in this thread and act like he's smarter than everybody else
thanks m8

Fukunaga's problems are with his scripts, his direction is great. I have confidence he can make someone else's script great like he did with TD

Some people think this storyline was "dropped" but actually there's enough evidence to argue that there are enough clues. Marty and his wife definitely missed what happened to Audrey though

Why does everyone really hate the second season?

If you never watched the 2nd season it'd still be considered fucking great

Is this the wire all over again where the 1st and second season are so different that people chimp out over the change?

It's obviously not meant to be at the front of the story. The details are there, more than enough to arouse suspicion but not enough to know anything for sure. That's what makes it so uncomfortable

Why wasn't she killed like the others?

I guess that's true. Marty was a proper foil to Rust, grounding the latter's goofy ass speeches with some normal-guy humility, whereas the cast here felt isolated from each other from beginning to end.

But I think that was one of the themes running like a lightning bolt through S2. Everyone was deeply disconnected from themselves and the world in which they'd barely been able to make a home. Every one of them had a fucked up childhood, were trying to vindicate it through personal triumphs in their own life in which they were failing, and lost themselves in something which might have proven to be for a greater cause, only to get systematically crushed by infinitely greater powers.

Far more bleak than S1, but I liked it, and would be happy to see an S3.

But Bloodline Season 2 comes out tomorrow so I'm already getting settled in for some juicy TV drama.

kek

>The details are there, more than enough to arouse suspicion but not enough to know anything for sure.
are you kidding me just look at the pictures, drawings and the sex thing with the toys, how much more obvious did you want it to be

(You)

I have no fucking clue

>quality

nice

Read the thread bozo, people have listed plenty of reasons.

It wasn't terrible it just wasn't that great either. I think it's probably fine on its own, a little boring and pompous, but it wasn't a good continuation of True Detective.

To me, the differences between the seasons are far different than the Wire.

I meant it's never explicitly addressed, there's always some doubt that you could be reading into it. Especially from Marty's POV when he isn't seeing these things all at once

no
he's hack
all of his "films" were mediocre at best in every possible way, including the directing.
and all these idiots itt believing that he was most responsible for season one's success just shows how low this shitfest of a board has sunk

He is right s2 is much better than game of plebs

so, someone told him how to direct season 1 then?
I was unimpressed with beasts of no nation, I thought it was mediorcre at best, but s1 of true detective is almost ultimate GOAT

so who was responsible for that? who was responsible for the visuals that made it into a show? we should find that guy tbqh, he should be involved in more tv shows

Fukunaga has so much potential

the guy is 38 give him a break, i bet he will become a great director

it wasn't shit, I would give it 8/10 for being better than the average tv-show.
However, s1 was so superb, it stands as one of the best shows I have seen; 10/10, if not 11/10.

s2 is like a candle that brings light to the dark night full of bland tv shows, but s1 is a raging bonfire that blinds the eye.

the bar was simply set too high after s1, which is why many here think that s2 was "shit".

director(s) in tv shows don't have significant roles, they're input counts definitely, but not a whole lot, because it's the creator of the show that's in charge.
he's is the one who tells them what to shoot, and how to shoot it, he is the one that provides the director(s) with the story.
the most responsible person for the visuals and also evrything else about the show was Pizzolato
Just like David Milch was in Deadwood , or David Simon was in The Wire
And these shows are the perfect examples for this because:
>the wire had almost thirty different directors direct it's 60 episodes
>deadwood had 15 different directors direct it's 36 episodes
proving that a certain director(s) has almost no significant contribution to the success of any show

I bash S2 all the time and I more or less agree with this.

It just didn't have the 'magic' that S1 had. And while Rust was edgy, it was done in an interesting way while all 3 characters in S2 were all just regularly edgy

>all 3
it was 4 desu

and it came to nothing. just two fat ugly fuckers in a forest.

But they said they were only the stupid ones who were left. The rest of the family and the other conspirators in the video that were actually doing all the awful shit either were dead or had gotten away. I think it was implied that younger generations of Tuttles were still around and probably up to no good.

this is bullshit of the highest degree

basically what youre saying is that a director is a glorified cameraman..just think about it for a second

fucking kek

Pizza blew it when he didn't bring Fuckyounaga for directing in season 2.

he is
and this is proven by the fact that most of these tv episode directors made horrendous movies
just take Alan Taylor for example, this dude directed episodes of mad men, sopranos, six feet under, oz and a bunch of other great shows, but he also directed terminator genisys and thor 2, which are probably among the worst movies i've ever seen in my life

>make GOAT first season of a show
>success goes to your head and you star being a little bitch to the director who helped s1 become GOAT
>he fucks off
>make 2nd season with a bunch of random directors
>it flops
I wonder how he feels right now