ITT: Albums you only like because of Nostalgia

But that's a good album

I bet a lot of you replay the climax of In the Flowers and the first few minutes of Brother Sport all the fucking time

Just sitting in your room cooking up your brain cells in front of a monitor fucking BLASTING neo psych with a frown on your face remembering those late 00s times when you had that stupid haircut

My heart goes out to you

this
contrarians can't deny the truth
something catchy can be good

So overproduced its unlistenable. Same as Audioslave's s/t. Thanks Rick Rubin

of all the over production, where would you start to improve the production? ie what would you not have done that was done?

Has Rubin ever produced a good album?

The unmastered version of Californication is the best version, so pure before Rick Rubin got his greasy mitts on it.

Not make everything so goddamn loud, for a start. Even a softer song like Porcelain is still ear-straining, its ridiculous

Sure, he only really started to lose the plot in the mid-late 90s. Danzig II: Lucifuge, Slayer's 80s output, Tom Petty's Wildflowers are all good. Although they probably could have been better with another producer

Nah Lion in a Coma is the only one that gets replays these days

The whole thing confuses me. How could John hear the mastered version of Californication and just let Rubin get away with it? Is his presence really so strong that not even a musical genius can sway him?

I got a vinyl rip for Californication and it's much more pleasant to the ears

so? this is every producer ever

Not every producer shovels shit into the loudness war and just maxes out volume levels, this trend has been going down since the mid 00s.

Rick Rubin is just one of the biggest perpetrators since it's his style of production.

I think its actually a good album, but I definitely enjoy it more due to nostalgia

De-Loused in the Comatorium

this Tbh

It helps to understand that Rubin somehow thinks Back In Black is the greatest rock album of all time and all rock records should sound like that.

Come to think of it. It's still a badass album

bruh are the leaves supposed to be fucking moving

but the real one

Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Listen to it every once in a while, just for fun.

The de-mastered version fixes things a fair bit. You should give it a listen.

Gong Li is an underappreciated song from this album.

Did anyone wear ear protection in the 90's? Maybe he couldn't hear the album when it came time to listen to the mastered version. :^)

it takes me right back to 2004-2005 when i listen to it

the year i graduated from high school

I cant tell if I still like tool for nostalgia reasons or if there's anything to their music that I like much besides the drummer

Chilli pepps was always about Anthony. He shit all over John and he just took it. I'm sure he protested and Anthony told him to stfu

john is a genius but he's willing to play the game

You have no excuse to like this album then. Jesus I swear anyone over 15 when this came out should realize what a waste it is. It's embarrassing how childish this music is, when it was made by 30-somethings.

Nobody needs any excuse to like an album. It's a good album. Why does Sup Forums hate Green Day so bloody much

it's the cool thing to do, kinda like nickelback (except nickelback actually does suck)

I like Green Day because I grew up listening to Dookie. It's a fun, dumb album made by and for fun, dumb people.

American Idiot gets so much praise here because most people were 14 when it came out. I hate it because it's so boring and self-indulgent, and I usually ignore it when people praise it, but it gets under my skin when someone who should know better likes it.

It's not a flaw in you. It's a flaw in me. I should be able to look beyond your shitty, shitty music tastes, but I can't. I'm sorry.

>YOUR X YOUR X YOUR X

do you ever get tired of being so negative and rude? I wasn't rude to you.

Stop with this meme. It's not funny and it doesn't make you look smart, in fact it makes you look dumb. Do you think because you hate on fantastic albums for ZERO good reason this makes you a genius? I can tell it does make you think that because your post reeks of extreme pretentiousness. You're not a genius. You're not smart. You know nothing. What you just posted was the equivalent of taking a shit on your computer keyboard, but what's sad is, I already know you well enough to know that after you read back your shit roughly 10 times with a smug sense of self satisfaction, and then you clicked Post and watched the window disappear with a feeling of pride and excitement knowing you just shared your "thoughts" with the world, you actually thought someone would be impressed with what you did. I want you to do something for me, for all of us. I want you to press the X button on this tab, and then I want you to press the X button on every single Sup Forums tab you have open, and I want you to not visit this place ever again, and I'm being totally serious about that dude. God bless.

I only like the first half because of nostalgia, the second half is actually really good

ayyye

none. any album from your adolescence that you still revisit whilst sober is not pulling you in purely with the power of nostalgia. there's something there whether you care to admit it or not. that goes for whatever pop punk, nu metal, whatever album you post

If you go back to it consistently, that's true, but I do sometimes find myself in ruts on youtube going through nostalgia music that I don't actually like on its own but when I get into that hole, it takes a couple hours to get out.

Patrician choice.

>grunge
>hip hop
>death metal
>be-bop
>punk
>brit pop