Psychology discussion

Psychology discussion

How could mental disorders such as Pedophilia and antisocial personality disorders to cured in theory or hypothesis?

Some people argue these are not diseases.

some people are pedophiles it doesnt make it right

What makes you "right" and others "wrong" ?

perhaps, what about the antisocial personality disorder?

I'm talking about the sociopath

some have tried aversion therapy but nowdays it is highly considered unethical.

same way i cured my gay friend. mental association told him to use images of women whilst self pleasuring so his brain will come to associate female form with pleasure after a month he was bisexual. tldr cant cure it but can make it so its not a prominent problem

Could possibly be cured but we're far from it, we can't even cure homosexuals yet

They can't be cured, any more than the common cold can cured. The best one can do is effectively control them.

The fact that fucking a kid and not fucking a kid is two different things you robot degenerate

Antisocial personality is treated in a more focused in empathy kinda way I think

You can't cure homosexuality

it isn't a mental disorder

because if it was then heterosexuality would be a mental disorder

1) Psychology is interesting theory and it's fun to study the behavior of people/animals but it's totally absurd to think that you could ever remap the neural pathways of the brain by "talking to someone."

2) Neural mapping or neuroscience in it's current forms is so horribly immature at this point in medical science that in 100 years we will likely look back at this time period and view medical science regarding mental disorder as barbaric.
Nothing like this is ever going to be "cured" by current medical science. Doctors now are too stupid to even tell you how the human brain functions let alone how to try and cure a specific mental illness.

unfortunately you are right

You're misunderstanding the OPs question.

Pedophilla just means they have sexual thoughts about children

they don't go around doing it to children

Those are sex offenders and child molesters

I've taken courses in psychology and have read documents from decades ago which state people who suffer pedophilla some feel great shame and humiliation about it.

While some try to embrace it(mess with kids)

sexual dysfunctions and personality types are far from the first things we'd be able to cure, probably we won't ever be able to. both of those things are stable traits that persist well over time. We could try to help assimilate people with undesirable traits better into society, but that's about it.

the structure of the brain can be and it is affected by one's enviroment and its stimuli

But why is having sex with someone of a certain age "wrong"?

Literally every single behavior in a human or animal happens at random. You have a shitload of neurons and they start blank and pathways form based upon experiences you have or chemicals in your body. If you had some experience or some chemical exists then that is "right" by your perspective so you do it.

If the collective lot of beings or the environment or the universe somehow makes your situation uninhabitable for you as a result of your action then you die and your particular set of chemicals does not get reproduced. (Your mutation does not happen again.)

So, if there are pedophiles, gays, whatever, then the environment exists for them to thrive.

Remove the environment for them to thrive and then the mutation will cease to exist over time and the problem is solved.

the problem with that is people don't understand how it works

Much of the time pedophiles do not actively prey on children the amount of them on Sup Forums proves it.

People don't want to help the pedophiles who try to control themselves even psychologists will turn one down because he didn't commit an offense and they only treat sex offender

that's a crock of bullshit mang.

We need to help the ones that actually come out and admit they have a problem and ask for help. There is treatment for this disorder, but no cure.

Many of them don't come out either because of the public views.

maybe pedophilia and homosexuality exist as traits because of overpopulation BUT fucking people who can't give permission for that to happen aka kids is wrong and disgusting

also pedophilla isn't a choice. When we see the signs in our children and teenage children parents tend to ignore it as 'normal' sexually curious behavior.

There are many pedos who want help, but are far too afraid to reach out due to the lack of empathy in the public and how the media paints them.

That's what I'm saying.

At this point you're suggesting that our current technology would allow us to hack out a portion of the brain responsible for "pedophilia" or whatever because we could potentially identify that is consistent across a bunch of people using some kind of scan.

You're assuming that neural pathways are created in a physical way and that there is nothing invisible to a scanner or that the brain would not remake these/relearn the behavior.

Like I said before, this is a barbaric practice akin to shoving an icepick up someone's nose as far as I'm concerned. We just have a better ice pick now.

Talk therapy is very effective.

If we had that for pedophiles, they would feel more confident to seek treatment.

pseudo science

>be me
>be a pedofag
>be a psychopath
>be antisocial
>be bumping

You missed my point...

It is wrong by your perspective.

What if 98% of the world was a pedophile and you were the 2% outlier because it happened that the environment was not suitable for females of the species to reach the age of 15?

If you never found a member of the opposite sex attractive enough to have sex with them until they reached 15 but they all died by age 14 then your mutation would cease to exist. The only ones who would be around would be the, now, pedophiles. Follow me?

People don't like to accept that this is how things work but it is...

Should we let pedo's act out on their sexual preference?

I wondering how VR might help them. Or maybe those LL dolls.

From your perspective.

I cannot imagine a scenario wherein I would find anything a psychologist said to me would be of any value.

No that's not what I'm saying.When I say enviroment I mean social for example and the stimuli within it.It has been shown in many researches that bad or good experiences or even neuteral can make your brain form in a different way.It's not about hacking and using technology it's about learning how to use your enviromental stimuli in order to make you more functional.

Trips confirmed.

>starting VR cp factory.

It really depends on every person, for some its very effective, for others it doesn't work at all.

I'm not a psychologist but I'm studying that subject.

My psychology professor have stated talk therapy is very helpful. You just need to be open, empathic, and understanding.

That's just classical conditioning.

You show me a picture of a kid, then hit me with a stick, eventually my brain relearns that little kids aren't good. So, basically you're saying that you have proven now (with an MRI) what we have already know for 10,000 years? Big fucking deal.

Also, this does not work for shitloads of people. You're assuming that the desire to touch the child is stronger than the desire you're capable of ingraining in them over top (possible in some cases, HIGHLY unlikely in others) and that the person actually wants to do this, and that it isn't a behavior that they will then leave and relearn.

This is akin to trying to teach an adult to not fuck members of the opposite sex. You're trying to alter pathways in all the levels of the brain. It's not going to happen.

This would be like trying to get apple users to not buy an apple product. You can't. It's nothing to be reasoned with, it's a purely emotional response. Lizard brain.

this nigga knows what hes talkin about

>You show me a picture of a kid, then hit me with a stick, eventually my brain relearns that little kids aren't good.

So...that works or doesn't work?

That is not curing. That is conversation. This is why I call bullshit on psychology.

If someone has a bad appendix, and they're like "NO, FUCK YOU DON'T CURE ME!" you can hit them with a frying pan, cut the appendix out, and when they come to, they're cured and will never have appendicitis. That is a cure.

If someone is a pedophile and they're like "hehehe I love to rape children" you're not going to 'talk them into' not raping children.

EVEN IF they come to you and go "you know...i've been thinking long and hard about it and I would really really love to stop raping children." You're still not going to TALK them into not raping children. You're not even going to CONDITION them into it. There's some wires in their brain that give them an emotional urge...a chemical urge to do that.

It's like when you desire to seek danger or desire to meet people vs be alone. This is lizard brain level urges. Pure fight or flight.

If you could 'cure' fight or flight...that would be a discussion.

Not 'cure' no...but it will help them get treatment to control them.

If you cant cure it, control it.

Have sex with women.

Like you can control alcoholism? Or drug users?

Good work there....

Some people genuinely don't want what they have going on in their brain. I, for example, are one of those people. It borderline disgusts me when all I have to do is so much as see a child and then boom, instant thoughts. I don't have to be turned on or anything. Quite frankly, it's disturbing, and I wish it would go away. I guess what they say is true, once a pedophile, always a pedophile.

>I love to rape children

I'm talking about the pedophiles who "DONT" rape children, and want to control themselves

that's when this help.

It wont work on some sick fuck sex offender who enjoys what hes doing.

Yes. If the drug user really really really wants to change his/her life then yes you can control the urges.

However we're not talking about addictions.

That, I would think, could be theoretically possible in like 100 years.

You'd be talking about finding a specific neural pathway and just like...snipping it.

You have an "urge" that is not going to ever go away, but you just want to disassociate that urge with specific thoughts so that when you have that little urge it doesn't snowball into a bunch of gross thoughts you don't want.

This would be the same for rape victims and whatnot. You're never going to remove the urge to fuck, but you can remove the associated bad experience w/ fucking. But it will be a long time before we could do that.

Now, like I was saying, it's not that you couldn't relearn that behavior...you could...but if you didn't want to, and actively tried not to, then making that one 'snip' would probably be ultra helpful.

I sympathize pedophiles.

They will never know what it's like to truly love their own family.

Same with sociopaths

Because most children aren't cognizant enough to understand sex. It's an adult, whom is possibly in some position of authority, taking advantage of someone not fully aware of the actions or their meaning.

Once children are sex educated, they understand sex.

You're just talking about extremes on the same rainbow.

It's great that people don't act on all their bad thoughts. I don't kill the nigger in line in front of me when they ask for "extra cheese, extra sour cream, extra beans, extra rice, extra tomato, oh and also, let me get a little more of that...and can I start over too?" because I have self control.

It doesn't mean I don't have the means, motive, opportunity, and lack of empathy towards that person.

You honestly sound pretty detached from human society for a psychologist.

And there is a pretty good similarity with drug use. Be honest with yourself...have you EVER met a real addict...i mean a REAL addict...that had his shit together? They're ALWAYS teetering on the edge.

They're always a "born again christian" or "in the program X days clean, my sponsor this and that" or something. It's the same kind of urge that you're never going to cure.

You can't force people to do things they don't want to do.
There isn't a whole lot of meaning to life other than 1) survive 2) reproduce. Everything else is a construct.

If we believe children are competent enough to start thinking about your future and plan accordingly, that I believe that they should be allowed to have sex if they want to.
Have we not all been asked what we want to do when we grow up? That's a lot for a kid to even begin to think about understanding. I'm 20 years old and I still don't know what I want to do with my damn life, other than something with technology right now.

Alright, alright cool your jets...Don't get excited.

As I've stated it depends on the person

every human mind thinks differently

Again...that's your perspective on the concept of sex.

And then at what age did you start diddling yourself? 13? 12?

Lots of girls start around that age as well. I'm not saying that I'm pro-pedophilia or anything, I'm just trying to give you an evolutionary perspective on things and how we've put an artificial age limit on a lot of stuff.

I only use that example because it happened last night....pretty sure I would have gotten applause from the whole chipotle if I just snapped that bitches neck. =P

That's not necessarily enough to go by. Not all kids can fully understand the consequences of their actions. Adults are in a position to manipulate kids for sexual favors and the kid may not want the sex but want whatever the adult offers then later on in life the kid fully realizes what happened and may regret or feel bad for their actions.

You know, I just sat and thought about it. We, Humanity, as a whole, have gotten a lot worse ever since we started putting more limitations on what we could and could not do without being morally objectified by our peers.
Sometimes people will do things for the taboo aspect. That makes it interesting for people. I've stated this before and a couple of other threads. If you remove the taboo aspect from something, the dropout rate is substantial. It's been proven time and time again.
Why do you think pedophilia has become steadily worse ever since we started putting limitations on it?

Fair point.

It depends on the child, some wanna know what it feels like, some are hypersexual, some think sex is a form of love when they have no parents. etc

it's mostly the parents job to continue sex educating their kids once they hit the 5th grade

It's not a bad idea to have an age limit. It's not right for an adult to take a baby or a four year old and have sex with them. A child can be manipulated easier than an adult into doing things

sometimes sex ed makes them want to try it, but mostly doing it among their peers.

Not 20 something year olds.

You know, this all seems like it's always the bait for if adult should have sex with kids.

But what if we allowed kids to have sex with adults? What did that completely change the playing field?

As I'm sure a majority of us have experienced, we reach a point where we become curious about sex and all that before the quote on quote suppose that age that we are allowed to be able to do it. How many people do you know that don't start questioning sex until they're sixteen? By that time, most people have already had sex.

Google voice to text is fucking cancer. Sometimes it says the exact opposite of what the fuck I'm saying.

Debate
Would

Retarded people like you make me angry. You shouldn't interact with other people, but instead be locked in a cage and ignored.

>whaf if we allowed sex with adults

that is allowed in many countries on exceptions.

>it always seems like the bait if and adult should have sex with kids

I'm not saying that. I'm saying what has been proven.

Isn't that pretty much exactly like working in an office for your life?
Also, will ignore responses. Don't even bother faggot.

conditioning, u retard

don't forget to fuck your parents children