Ex-alcoholics of Sup Forums how the fuck do I stop drinking...

Ex-alcoholics of Sup Forums how the fuck do I stop drinking? Every day I tell myself I want to stop drinking but every afternoon I go to the supermaket and buy enough booze to make a horse tipsy.

How tf do I stop drinking? I have a nice gf and job, what's wrong with me,

How do I stop?

Other urls found in this thread:

sobergridapp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wish I knew. Haven't managed more than three days.

Bullet in brain

I quit for a whole month, then started drinking again a couple of months ago and have drank every day since, which is way more than I used to.

Its so hard.

I just started stopping.
Only 5 days in but I've drank everyday for the last 4-5 years.

Guess I just realized life is too short to be unhealthy and to really get the most out of it I have to be sober to get more shit done.

tl;dr its all you baby boo

Switch to weed or something, worth a shot right?

AA worked for me. Following what the successfully sober people suggested worked. But it took a long time - 6 years in and out of AA, now I've been sober & pretty fucking happy for 5 years.
I know it doesn't work for a lot of people, tho. I think you really need to be ready to quit.

I don't know how people start drinking in the first place. I've seen what it did to my mother and saw that I would never want to be like her.

Kratom
(it's still legal so hurry up)

Try AA, lol
*Russian-ex-problem-drinker*

I am an alcoholic and im sober for 6 years now. I once was like you. Woke up everyday feeling like shit wanting to stop but in the afternoon went to the store buying booze, promising i would stop tomorrow.

It took me a while but in the end I wen to an AA meeting and since that day I am sober. The first couple of months were hard but after that it got easier.

Im sober now and i never go to meetings. Alcohol is a no go for me and im happy i stopped.

Go to AA user, give it a try. It's not the only way, but it is working for a lot of people just like you and me!

1) Go to AA
2) Don't go cold turkey, gradually taper off over the space of weeks
3) Go to GP. Get prescribed naltrexone

You gotta hit rock bottom 1st.

You gotta be sick & tired of being sick & tired.

No it's not that hard.
I have beer for free. Gallons and gallons.
But i turned into a fatfuck and my blood test showed a suffering liver.
I said that's enough and I stopped.
I'm brighter now, no longer fat.

Chantix made me quit. Much quicker and more efficiently than it made me want to give up cigs.

Just don't drink. Jesus Christ it's not that hard.

Sounds great.

>tl;dr its all you baby boo

yeah, I think that's what it comes down to. I'm trying to change my routine so I'm busy when I would normally drink (straight after work till I pass out) but aside from that trick it's just will-power.

Girlfriend would break up with me if I started smoking, and as I have such an addictive personality I don't want to introduce something else into the mix. Pretty sure I'll just end up being addicted to both alcohol and weed.

It's why I never gamble, I enjoy it way too much.

Before I met my gf I drank a bottle of whiskey, signed up for grindr, then went and fucked a stranger and ended up on post-exposure prophylaxis for a month to make sure I didnt get HIV (I live in AIDS capital of the UK, 1/8 of gay London men have HIV)

That's pretty much rock bottom right? If I lose my girlfriend thats what I'm going back to, that kind of life. And I cant hide my drinking from her forever.

Taper by a few drinks a night over the next week, put a hard time limit on stopping and going to bed. An hour before this time take some Melotonin, beat off and lay down. Take a vitamin with thiamine in the morning and drink a gallon of water diring the day. You will start to feel good, you might drink hard one night and feel real bad. That stark contrast in feel good or bad was enough to slow me down.

Someone else mentioned kratom, and I'll mention amphetamine. Both are great, and addictive, but alcohol kills their effect. Amph makes me feel like a fucking god. I went from drinking a 5th of Jim Beam or Dewars nightly, and snorting as much coke as I could get my hands on on the weekends to doing a little speed every day. Overtime I slowly used it less and less. Like I said, it's addictive, but it's an addiction you can control. It won't kill you to just stop doing it. Just stopping isn't really painful at all, it just makes you feel dead inside, and irritable for a while.

chantix will really do nothing for alcohol addiction. it works on the nicotine receptor, its not some miracle addiction pill

>met my gf
>went on grindr
Wtf dude

Check this spp, its a support recovery group like aa, just niggers giving out encouragement and dudes with real time offer advice.

sobergridapp.com/

bumping

I think I'm bisexual, or bicurious. Or just too many trap threads. I've been faithful to my girlfriend though, I did that dumb stuff before I met her.

0/10 would not do again, do not give into bicuriosity unless you're sure you want to (i.e. not just wasted and horny and on a self-destructive streak).

In the words of Frank Reynalds, "Some cocks can't be un-sucked."

Anyone know where I can buy naltrexone online? Need a prescription in the UK but don't want alcoholism on my medical records.