Tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

>tfw smoking 75 cigarettes a day

anyone here managed to quit smoking?

"Get rich or die smoking" Android app + Cold turkey.

From 20 a day for 10 years to 9 months clean.

Quit for 5 years then started again.

>tfw making this thread 75 times a day

anyone here managed to quit being a fag?

Nice I'm on day 73, I downloaded the smoke free app

Many times. It's really not that hard. Now I just smoke when i drink.

Me too - 50 a day.

Stop posting the same thread over and over again faggot

>tfw you say "kek, this" 75 times a day
does anyone else agree?

I smoked for the summer, because I had a summer job, and I didn't know what to do with my breaks. My holidays ended this week, I stopped with my last pack. I don't feel like I need to smoke, I have no withdraw of any kind.
Quit smoking is easy.

Friend of mine used medicines who made your sigs taste awful after a while

You smoked for a couple of months? Wow, I'm sure it was a great achievement to quit.

I think he might be starting one every time he feels the need to light a fag.

Yeah but were you smoking 75 a day?

I don't really get why it would be harder quitting from a longer period of smoking.
Please elaborate tho, I'm curious

And that is kids why you should at least try to finnish middle school.

The longer you smoke the stronger the habbit becomes and the harder it is to kick it.

Are you retarded? It's like comparing someone who drinks 5 beers a day at night for 2 years compared to someone who drinks a liter of vodka everyday for 10 years

Who do you thinks going to have more trouble quitting?

Nah, obviously it is easier if you smoke less. If I may give you a tip to stop, just remember that the withdrawal of nicotine don't last more than a couple of hours. Once you've hold one day, it's just psychological. With enough of willpower, you can do it without fancy expensive shit like patches and gums.

It becomes a habit throughout your daily activities over the years. When you quit it's like you're missing something and it drives you nuts

Yeah. I vaped for awhile, going down in nic every so often, then kicked it and sold my vape shit. Was fucking easy, anyone who says otherwise is a weak piece of shit

You're mixing two different data: Time and Quantity
If it's obviously easier to stop if the Quantity is less important, I was wondering if the Time had a significant role.

So stop being a fag and read properly

Quantity is a thing, but the addiction to nicotine is mostly psychological, so the more time you spend smoking the more hard is gonna be to quit.

there are multiple sites this has occurred dumb ass its not just Sup Forums, its advertisement, there is also threads such as, I'm going to my local McDonalds to pick up a double quarter pounder with a delcious coke and fresh salty french fries

Quantity is a major thing, some people smoke a cig every 2 hours and some people smoke a cig literally every 15 minutes. The guy who chain smokes is going to have a way harder time quitting because his life revolves around smoking every 15 minutes

My dad's a chain smoker and even going an hour without one when he's not sleeping isnt even imaginable, he has one after another

STOP POSTING THIS THREAD

You weren't a smoker though. Smoking on your breaks is nothing. Smoking is hard to quit because it becomes ingrained in your lifestyle. Say you smoke every day on break, but also every time you get into the car, after you eat dinner, and before you go to bed. Then, you also smoke a good amount when you hang out with friends, say 2-3 times a week.

Then, when you go to quit, you now have to do something on break to fill in that time, you have to fight a craving every time you get in the car, you have to fight the craving and find something to do right after dinner, and you have to do something else before bed, You also have to be around other people smoking and doing activities during which you normally smoke. It's not exactly impossible, but it doesn't take much to give in here and there until eventually the habit sticks again. Most people have to change their life in order to altogether avoid smoking again, but they don't alter their habits enough and then fall back into it.

Tomorrow you smoke 74, then the next day you smoke 73, then 72, etc. You have to change your life and habits like I said to that other poster. I take it now you probably chain smoke during long stretches of the day, so you have to find something to do during that time. If you normally sit and smoke 8 in an hour while browsing the internet, then eventually, you will need to find a way to fill that time instead of just cutting down. So when you get to say 60 a day, you make a rule that no matter what, you will only smoke 1 during that hour and instead of browsing the internet, you have to play a game that requires attention and both hands. It will make the time pass faster and you will be less encouraged to light up. Then, say you get down to 45 a day and you decide not to smoke in the car to get down to 40. Easy to commit to at the outset of a trip, but hard to stay consistent on. So, you lock your cigarettes in your glove box at the beginning of every trip.

1/2

2/2

Now you have to pull over to smoke and have great disincentive not to smoke. Same thing if you are just going to the store or whatever, just leave them at home. Even if you crack and buy some at the store, you still at least didn't smoke any on the way there, and if you don't buy them, you double up on not smoking.

Wtf 75 a day? I live in canada and packs here are now around 10-15$ depending on brand, how could anyone waste that much money on a filthy habit

I've been smoking since I was 10ish.

I'm at about the same, about 4-6 per hour, and I'm awake for 16-18 hours per day.

I really want to quit at this point, my lungs are BAD. When I lay on my back, I feel like I can't breath. Sometimes it just feels like their isn't enough air, I'm sure I have copd, or the start of it.

for me, indian res cigs. 15 for 200 cigs. Taxes is what blows up the price, on top of being name brand.

this. new englander here, and all packs are sold for $10 minimum, so that's like ~$40/day in smokes
>$280 a week
>$1,120 a month
>$13,440 a year
that's the equivalent of a pretty good apartment, or feeding a family of 4-6 around my parts

Holy shit I had that feeling before I quit

That's actually what pushed me to quit because I was always wheezing and had a gross smokers cough and phlegm. I was smoking around 45 cigarettes a day

OP stop being a quitter for once in your life and keep smoking

I was smoking 2 packs a day at 12 bucks a pack so like 24 dollars a day wasted. No wonder I couldn't pay my bills on time and had to eat shitty food

>vaped
>the same as smoking

>tfw laying down and feels like you can't get any air in

Shit's scary man

Yeah the reason I quit was because of cost, I don't make a lot of money so it was basically eat food or smoke cigs so I quit smoking and have so much more extra money it's awesome

quit three weeks ago. Starting to feel better. the first week was brutal. the only advice i can offer you is: you can absolutely do it and when the cravings come up dont wrestle with them, just think about something else. the first few days this will prove to be very difficult because youll be forcing yourself to think about something else every 20 minutes. after that the physical cravings subside a lot and it just becomes a psychological battle

This

I'm 1 month into quitting and I feel much better already

Any tips?

I did the slowly cut down approach and after about a month of cutting down I was down to 1 in the morning and 1 after dinner than I decided fuck it and quit completely

Just think about the money you waste on them and the health problems it's causing you, I also started going on bike rides and jogs at night when I quit which really made me stick to it because my cardio was horrible and didn't want to be out of breathe after running for 20 seconds