Is he really as bad of a vocalist that people make him out to be?

Is he really as bad of a vocalist that people make him out to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ww1gt6MHJRA
youtube.com/watch?v=D_YBcgzrZWE
youtube.com/watch?v=iBSfuqPhIec
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, he just has a unique voice. He might not have the "best" voice but he makes up for that with his songwriting. Just like Tom Waits

worse

no. and hes not as good a poet or songwriter as most people make him out to be.

Of course. His actual vocal similarities to that of a goat will surprise you like the characteristics of both respective voices are really similar.
Worst voice ever in popular music hands down. Worse than Joanna Newsom, worse than Stevie Ray Vaughan. So pretentious, so awful. Great songwriter though.

No of course not.

For some reason slightly unconventional vocal timbres/intonation seems to be the hardest thing for people to get past. You could make the argument that he might be poor on a technical level, but so are most popular music singers. When dealing with pop music (and especially the folk music background he came from) there are so many characteristics that can make one a good singer/performer that deviate from the norm, and IMO he checks so many of those boxes.

Sure on certain albums he may only use the vocal melodies as guidelines rather than strict paths to follow (and by the way, he honestly does write some great melodies even if they're not delivered so clearly), but to be honest hearing him snarl out the chorus to something like Like A Rolling Stone is so much more effective than singing it plainly or as directly as most others would. So I guess it all just comes down to what you consider "good" singing. Is good singing based solely on how accurate and technically proficient one delivering the vocal lines, or is it based on emoting in a way that best matches the overall sentiment you're attempting to get across? If you follow the latter then I think he's legitimately an incredible singer.

Though to be honest I think he has some vocal performances that are good by even conventional standards so I've never even really understood the fuss people make over his voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=ww1gt6MHJRA
youtube.com/watch?v=D_YBcgzrZWE (listen to his belting and them growls starting at 2:40)
youtube.com/watch?v=iBSfuqPhIec

>AC-DC

he was actually a good vocalist

bob dylan live in 2016 is a joke

he's nearing 80
what do you expect

>nsjejj

Gay men and straight women of Sup Forums, do you find young Bob Dylan physically attractive? If you could go back in time would you date young Bob Dylan? Just curious

to stop playing live?

Well that sir is just plain unthinkable! There ain't no killin' the Dylan!

Are you deaf or just incapable of forming an opinion? Listen to his music and then you tell me, ya doofus

To get a discussion going you ask a question. This is why you aren't an OP

No, people who think he has a bad voice always were and always will be retarded

Also, you may have confused me by posting him when his voice was amazing...if you mean his current voice, it's definitely gotten pretty rough...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, it hasn't really worked on his own classics since the 80's so he's had to make some new classics that fit his new voice

>people still don't realize it was a singing style

He was really cute but I think I'd be too intimidated to date him