What does Sup Forums think of post-hardcore music?

What does Sup Forums think of post-hardcore music?

Other urls found in this thread:

brighter-arrows.bandcamp.com/album/dreamliner-3
youtube.com/watch?v=Pn-6eOxnEMI
youtube.com/watch?v=goOwDkaM3pk
youtube.com/watch?v=P-6pgfxbXA4
youtube.com/watch?v=cAl2l1lyBs8
youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7BbjW8ZQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM
youtube.com/watch?v=3Xahvg7-iJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Old stuff was amazing. Fugazi, DLJ, ATDI, Unwound, NOU, Refused, the list could go on...

The new stuff however is embarassing. The only decent modern post-hardcore bands are carried by lyrics and dynamic vocals like Touche Amore and La Dispute.

Do you see bands like Sleeping with Sirens and Falling in Reverse as post-hardcore bands since that's what people have been labeling them as?

really they should just be labelled as "Shit Metal"

That really irks me. Post-Hardcore is so broad you can include shit like that and compare it to Fugazi. If I were to ever research any decent post-hardcore bands I would just use the term hardcore punk so Dance Gavin Dance or A Day To Remember doesn't show up.

One of the best genres ever to exist.

both the old and the new stuff is great, fuckin fite me

Defeater?
Pianos become the teeth?
Glassjaw?
Mewithoutyou?
Mediseasin?
Frameworks?

Post Hardcore is probably my favorite music genre!
Here's some bands I'd definitely recommend

Silverstein
Touche Amor
Defeater
Saosin
Story of The Year
Dayseeker
Dead Poetic
Emery

Here's my list of band I'd recommend:

La Dispute first album
Alesixonfire
Dance Gavin Dance
Hail the Sun
Pierce the Veil
Hot Cross

I guess the thing that makes post hardcore post hardcore for me are songs where the note fly past at a million miles an hour, lots of complicated sounding guitar lick and that sort of stuff

I think those bands are buried under bands like A Day to Remember.

i'd like to see a 21st century post-hardcore discussion on here sometime.
>Fugazi, DLJ, ATDI, Unwound, NOU, Refused, the list could go on...

like, i enjoy most of the bands on this list, but Sup Forums seems to talk about nothing else

This was released a few years ago and it was awesome but the band just kinda disappeared after this.

brighter-arrows.bandcamp.com/album/dreamliner-3

i like a lot of the classics (atdi, dlj, refused) but i think fugazi and unwound are generally boring besides their last albums

pic related is a cool one, like glam meets post-hardcore. weird combo but it works

Same here. It's rare to see there something newer than The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me and it's quite disappointing

pile, last place finishers, and doffing are pretty good bandcamp>wave post hardcore bands check em out lads

they're all kinda old-school sounding i guess

if you're a fan of la dispute's first and haven't listened to mewithoutyou then drop whatever you're doing right now and listen to those lads

It's fucking garbage. No I don't mean scene bands, I mean the fucking shit you like.

i like scene bands. are they good?

I listened to Yank Crime twice or three times. I can't remember if it was too punky or not punky enough for my taste.

Glassjaw buried under A Day to Remember?
I don't want to live in this world anymore.

explain how one is worse than the other

>comparing actually good modern bands in that scene to shit like Falling in Reverse

bitch please

A Day to Remember is more pop-post hardcore. You can tell just by listening to them.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pn-6eOxnEMI
>Music to appeal to normal teenagers

youtube.com/watch?v=goOwDkaM3pk
>Music for the sake of fucking rad music
I could have posted stuff from EYEWTKAS but that would completely crush A Day to Remember.

Walter Schreifels is my favorite post-hardcore musician and I suggest checking out any project he is associated with

It's not quite fair to compare ADTR to something like, say, At the Drive In. Older post-hardcore was an era of experimentation, not every band is going to be as out there as the older bands were.

I for one love ADTR and think that pic related is especially god-tier, and I think there's nothing wrong with some bands just sticking to what they know. And it's not like experimentation is completely dead in post-hardcore either; Fall of Troy released a solid album just this year.

Post-hardcore's just gone a bit more mainstream, and I think it's for the better.

Also,
>ADTR literally label themselves a pop punk band, of course they're going to have a pop sound, you can't fucking compare them to heavier post-hardcore bands you nitwit they're nowhere near the same level

>A Day to Remember is more pop-post hardcore.
there is literally nothing wrong with pop or other genres leaning towards it.

>Music to appeal to normal teenagers
but why does it appeal to teenagers? because it's anthemic and cathartic first and foremost. you think glassjew isn't about channeling emotion? especially on EYEWTKAS which is all him shouting at his ex.
what this gj track has going for it over the one by adtr is a more technical riff/bassline, which i like, but c'mon.

You don't think ADTR can go heavy, huh?
Give this a listen:

youtube.com/watch?v=P-6pgfxbXA4

>more technical
Exactly. I'm a musician -- I appreciate when other musicians try something that isn't formulaic which is why I love Glassjaw and don't feel anything with regards to ADTR.

I love pop music too but something about mixing pop and a hard-core image doesn't mesh with me.

>they're nowhere near the same level
I agree with that. :)

Ok -- that wasn't bad; I'll give you that.
To be honest, I never listened to ADTR before -- I just felt like shit posting because I love the fuck out of Glassjaw.

youtube.com/watch?v=cAl2l1lyBs8

I don't know much but my friends favorite group is circa survive. I went to a live performance with him and they weren't bad

The Sound of Animals Fighting is another stellar Anthony Green project

Sounds like emo shit. Not my thing, I just liked the rock aspect of it

>the lack of DDG itt
here you go lads
youtube.com/watch?v=Xd7BbjW8ZQ4

haHA YES! You gotta give this album a chance if nothing else.

Just remember going into it: ADTR is a POP-PUNK band with METALCORE INFLUENCE, not a metalcore band with a shitty pop sound. That's why people often write them off, when it's actually REALLY not the case.

It's actually way more proggy and mathy than Circa Survive. Also Circa is pretty 'emo' dude lmao

Actually, check out their album The Ocean and the Sun, see what you think. The band themselves are a mix of members of Circa Survive, RX Bandits, and Finch.

Defending ADTR this hard

You know I will. Common Couresty was a modern post-hardcore masterpiece, and I will stick up for them any day.

Now, kindly fuck off back to whatever Fantano's spoonfed you instead, please

these are all pretty old bands

jesus christ 90s Post Hardcore really takes a shit on the 2000's stuff lol

now it is a complete garbage because every song is full of breakdowns and mixing
but it used to be good

The only great to excellent post-hardcore album from the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM

some of its alright, I prefer the genres it grew together with though i.e noise rock, mathrock, etc

The only great to excellent post-hardcore album of the 00s.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Xahvg7-iJ4

Fugai. ATDI, Unwound, NOU, Refused, are all great bands but they never made a truly excellent album like Yank crime or Audit In Progress.

Everything that is part of post-hardcore today is laughably bad. Screamo brought to its absolute cringiest extreme.

this is the worst thread on Sup Forums rn.
whoever is talking about pierce the veil, SWS, ADtR, alexisonfire, GDG and things like that can literally kys

Whats wrong with alexisonfire

>I guess the thing that makes post hardcore post hardcore for me are songs where the note fly past at a million miles an hour, lots of complicated sounding guitar lick and that sort of stuff
please be bait.

I beg two defir

>new stuff

Future Of The Left
Lisabo
Daughters
Pile
The Coltranes
Dope Body
Funeral Diner
The Men
Destruction Unit

>Fugai
wut
also fugazi did many albums much better than yank crime

I love Audit In Progress but pic related beats the shit out of it

t. "i only listen to unwound and fugazi because of rym"

All those bands suck but you're an idiot too.

Beats them all

post hardcore is one of the better genres out there, especially pre-2000s stuff

fuck off with this hot snakes shilling

there tons of 00's post-hardcore bands with albums as good if not better. stop going for the most common shit

>screamo brought it to its absolute cringiest exreme

thats when you know a poster is full of shit and wrong

nice bait m8

mewithoutyou is La Dispute with a lisp

Worst Unwound album lmao

The old stuff is mediocre.

The new stuff is absolute garbage.

>Not mentioning the pinacal of post hard core

shame on you Sup Forums.

>not mentioning the pineapple of post hard core

shame on you Sup Forums