Preordering a game in 2016

>preordering a game in 2016

how many of you neckbeards got suckered into buying this piece of crap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yoHXE1aiabA
youtube.com/watch?v=9iy7vnSB5kw
youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik
youtube.com/watch?v=jIlONM9X9lA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Knew it was gonna be shit before I even saw gameplay.

I actually thought No Man's Sky was good.

Hello Games made a game called Joe Dangrer, a 2D bike platforming game made by 14 people.

No Man's Sky was started early 2013, by 14 people.

All the "lies" Mr.Murray made was all declared changed on twitter by Hello Games.

The game is good for 14 people, and they are adding more no dlc cost. It was actually released early because of demand. Maybe that's why.

The ending is good with finding new dimensions and the altering of gravity even though it takes awhile.

I did enjoy finding new planets, materials, animals, feeding animals, and killing things and upgrading my ship.

Learning languages was fun too.

In the end it's just someones opinion.

>AHAHAHA AND I TOLD THEM YOU CAN MEET EACH OTHER AND PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS

>The game is good for 14 people

how about dont charge $60 for what is essentially an indie game

and dont hype it up like its the next coming of jesus

THIS. This guy is a true gamer. He knows his shit. Give this guy a medal.

Idk I loved the game. It's not for everyone, though.

PC Gamer detected

Buy a console you permavirgin faggot

Game of the Year, so fuck you faggot

>and they are adding more no dlc cost.

No he confirmed that they wanted the dlc to be free but they wont be free.

Consol fag is mad

I would totally play this game.

since i'm poor and I cannot afford an updated computer... I will be here lurking.

Same here. I can understand the bad reviews, but the game is not that bad, really.

And 60 euros is because of the PS4 edition i think. Expensive for what it is, but I have any regret.

Hopefully this kills the meme of open world games and we can get back to games that actually have a reason to exist.

didn't get this game cuz it always looked bad. I did preorder Fifa 17 and Forza Horizon 3 so bite me.

Haven't played it, but I'm not sure what anyone expected.

It was a crazy big project, and "procedurally generated" doesn't mean unique.

Who cares?
It just looks like spore with better graphics and more farts

60 dollors
10fps on 2 grand system
"its a good game guys"

fuck off you fucking faggot fanbois

I run 144 fps max settings and didn't even pay for it I torrent

>better graphics than spore

more art than game I'd say. it makes you ponder the scale of the universe and your insignificance in it

isn't it technically possible to do meet another player, just extremely extremely improbable?

They were counting on that, yes. But many many people already found the same planets and went to the exact same places to find absolutely nothing.

Fuck yoo too for not enjoying this game you destiny playing fagboy

O god no pls say it's not true

This. One of the bigger disappointments in a game already about letting your hopes down.

They said some bullshit about how the servers bugged out or whatever, lol. Truth is, there is no way to make something like that work, and it has to do with how the game is handling the universe, anyone with dev experience or modding could notice what's going on.

See, when two people go to the same spot, their surroundings are different. The terrain itself is the same, but plants, animals and resources are completely different, same with day/night cycle.
Why is this? nothing is on a server, everything is handled individually by each pc individually (this is why you can pirate this game no problem).
The reason said terrain and planets are the same is becuse everything in the galaxy is calculated from the same seed (a number you use as a base to get "random" numbers but always get the same result whenever you calculate stuff).

Essentially, the only thing those "overloaded servers" did was to upload creature names, planet names and achievements.
It's all bullshit.

Now you could make players see each other, but you wouldn't be seeing the same stuff your friend is seeing, unless you used some kind of instanced syncing that breaks and resets whenever you move away from each other and doesn't take into account any changes you've made to the actual planets.

Even so, you'd have to keep track of everything that was modified post-seed. You'd need some google tier servers to transfer such insane amount of information, which is unreasonable for such a crap game.

You could have the instances reset back to the original seed once no one was around, and have the syncing made in a p2p way maybe, i don't know. But apparently that's not worth your 60 bucks.

Happy grinding, cunt

What tipped you off, a quintillion planets and programmed by 8 people? Because that was the big red flag for me that this was going to be a shit show

No, shit cunt, he said the plan is for future DLC to be free, but he admits, depending on scope and content, that might not be viable for all future DLC.

I bet you're one of those faggots whose reading comprehension only extends to skimming headlines.

Look at it from the dev's perspective. Why would you not want to hype it up as much as possible and charge as much as possible.

They are probably sitting on some tropical island at an expensive resort laughing at how every time they hit refresh on their web browser their bank account has gone up another $10,000.

how the fuck did people find the same planets when there are 18 quintillion of them or whatever? I'm calling bs

>look at it from a dev perspective
>why would you NOT lie and scam people?
>you love money, don't you?

Don't have a ps4 and no steam money...

There wasn't that many, but it happened from day 1.

Go look it up on youtube, I ain't spoonfeeding you any links.

CBA pirating,
I never pre-order anything

> look mom! look how bad ass I am acting tough on Sup Forums!

I understand you are calling me a jew. But that is your problem. You aren't walking through life assuming everybody is trying to jew you out of your money, which is exactly what the devs of No Man's Sky are doing to people.

Everybody that was tricked into buying this game should consider it a cheap lesson in how real life works. Now you know what to expect when you go to a car dealership to buy your first new car. You will have some super friendly salesman trying to fuck you out of every cent he can while pretending he is your friend and you are getting a good deal.

If I pirate it will I still be able to encounter other players?

youtube.com/watch?v=yoHXE1aiabA

I like it, it's a good time waster while we wait for Star citizen.

And the fact that I didn't pay for it makes it fine... $60 is too much for it though, it's more of a $30 game.

You won't be able to encounter other players either way.

>moar liek No Man's LIE UEEHEEHEEHEEHEE

I learnt with Spore and X Rebirth to never preorder a game ever again.

Even if you're sure to like a game, I suggest to never preordering, it gives the notion to developers that we're retarded.

I'm getting 60+ fps with a 770, can't understand what is going on with your system.

i still kinda like it.

>we wait for Star citizen
If you're lucky your grandson will get to play it on his 90th birthday.

It was obviously super hyped from the get go and anyone who fell for it deserves it.

But that doesn't justify scamming people, they deserve all the flack they're getting

60+ fps with a 760 here.

Faked.

Probably when you're on a planet walking around, no one gets drops there.

The game hiccups like crazy even if you got a couple 1080s running

It was hyped up, took me a bit of legal threats from me to get my refund from Valve.

However there is mods now that make the gameplay better.

I think there is one that allows more than the 12 minerals, to make the game worthwhile to explore.

Go look it up, it's happened several times, people even confirmed it by changing names around.

Murray actually commented on it, it's absolutely legit, moron

here is some great footage of no mans sky
youtube.com/watch?v=9iy7vnSB5kw

1 person made stardew valley and i bet it's a million times better than no man's sky for what? $60 while stardew valley is $20ish

Faked. Can't believe you're that dumb.

"Hey guys I bought this PC for 20 grand and the game plays shite...

Must be the game cause my PC is 20 grand, nothing to do with all the shite I installed on it, or the fail overclocking I did, or the fact I don't defrag my hard drives."

Said all the people with money and no sense when it comes to buying a PC.

inb4 "It's an Alienware"

I can top that
youtube.com/watch?v=RvAwB7ogkik

>ALL GAMING SITES ARE LYING GUISE, NMS DEV TEAM TOO ISS ALL CONSPIRACI GUISE XD
>$0.05 have been deposited into your paypal account

Opinions are not made out of 50 something missing features.

>thinks you need to defrag SSDs

I'm no neckbeard. Actually a chad. Bought this game thinking I could play it casually for a long time. After 2 hours I'll never play it again. Utter shit.

Bought 'I am Setasume' on a whim. Fucking great game.

T. No man's sky dev

Stop
youtube.com/watch?v=jIlONM9X9lA

Kek.

Can't tell if you're a retard or actually serious.

People are saying this game was over hyped as fuck while I didn't hear about it till release. While I do hear about all the other hype

>Thinking Windows doesn't defrag files on the fly with SSDs
>Thinking all SSDs are the same while forgetting about hybrids

Whatever childfag, whatever

Please explain why you would need to defrag a SSD.

They were gamers on reddit. They are smart over there. They know shit.

Hybrid is something else then a SSD cuck

A hybrid isn't a SSD now is it, fuckface. It's a SSD and a hard disk put together. Basically a crutch for idiots who aren't computer literate enough to install stuff that belongs on a SSD on a SSD and install things that belong on a hard disk on a hard disk.

That's the point I was making. Try to keep up summer fag.

Nah I usually wait till the reviews are out especially after Fallout 4

Said no one ever.

Does it have SSD components? Yes.

Does it need defraged? Yes.

Whats next going to cry about SSD NAND and MLC type drives now?

SSD drives can be defraged, and it is good to have an allocation of data that is consistent and not fragmented. It reduces the need to swap between chips, which would produce a small amount of latency in terms of data usage.

Please pretend you think you know it all. I would love to make you cry.

How were you agreeing that SSDs don't need to be defragged by calling me a retard or a summer fag for implying you don't need to defrag SSDs?

Why? Are you seriously such a loser you can't pay for the games you play?

When making such a Shit game as no man's sky no one has to pay for it

You don't need to defrag a SSD. The entore point of defragging is to move different parts of the same file closer together so that the physical head of a hard disk doesn't have to waste time moving between different locations on the disk in order to load a file.

A SSD has zero moving parts and all parts of the flash memory have the same access time. So moving a file fragment from one section to the other literally has zero performance benefit.

So no, defragging does nothing on a SSD. That is why it is recommended to turn defragging off. All it does is add more wear and tear on the drive because a SSD does have a limited number of times each portion of the drive can be written to.

Look it up. Virtually any guide to SSDs specifically advises you to turn defragging off.

Funny that the guy never mentioned SSDs

>insinuating all up market PCs only have SSDs
>bought PC with daddies wallet

Salty

>ITT: people expecting Eve online

Anyone who says that an SSD needs to be defragged doesnt understand computer science and has read a few articles on Tom's hardware and calls themselves an IT expert. Eat a dick kid. Been building servers for the US Gov for years. Hybrid drives excluded.

I only get 30-40 fps anywhere.

I have one that came stock with a gaming laptop and it sucks, the SSD part is tiny and barely holds anything and makes the speed of the computer basically that of a regular hard drive except for the random and occasional faster vidja loading time. I'm ripping the whole thing out and inserting a 1tb SSD instead.

>Preordered 2 hours before launch.
>Play 108 minutes, request a refund.
>Refund accepted after 3 hours.
Wasn't a bad experience tbh.

Your processor is a POS, your GPU is outdated AF, your SSD is shit and so is your HDD. Samsung 850 Pro vs any SSD is a joke. Nothing comes close.

We aren't talking about plate discs, we are talking about SSDs with various types of Chips used in them.

Now for someone not fully technically minded they will say "hurr durr no moving parts, no need to defrag"

Actually there is, unlike a plate HDD with as you said moving parts such as the plates and the reader. The FAT table contains the locations of the files, that tells where the data is on the disc...

Now imagine an SSD that isn't defragged.. file header in the FAT, but now the data is fucking all over the place... how does it store the locations of the data on each chip?

With fragmentation being heavy, it has to go from chip to chip to chip, even when access from the FAT would cause latency. Not much that you would notice, but it can potentially build up, especially when you are playing resource heavy games or apps.

Now the harder the SSD works, the more heat it will build, that is physics.

With a defragged SSD the FAT is in better condition, and less latency, plus not as overworked producing less heat. And thus can help towards the life of the drive itself. They live long, but doing stupid shit will not help and can cause faults in the chips.

Guides are fucking useless, they are mostly from so called experts who think they know everything. Guru3D knobs, Gamespot knobs... and so on. Some sites are actually good.

Now imagine this...

You have a game installed, big patch time, and the patch actually patches inline, i.e. patches files by directly changing data at offsets.

You do know an SSD cannot overwrite any data, it has to delete it and have it amended residentially in the RAM or by using another drive. Then it is rewritten, bad enough if everything is fine.

But with fragmented files... holy fuck shit, you may as well uninstall the game and reinstall it with the patch included.

I just defeated my SSD and now it's running nice and faster

Most defragging software doesn't understand the architecture of a SSd and still assumes it is a hard disk. Locations it thinks are adjacent on a chip usually aren't.

You don't need to defrag an SSD

Bad defraggers don't do well with SSDs, up to date ones like Auslogic's Defrag Pro etc do SSD profiling defrags.

>kills the meme
I think the word you wanted to use there was trend, you fucking autistic weeb.

You're fucking retarded, have you ever defraged an SSD? You're whole argument hinges on a 'not that you would notice' speed difference and heat build from an SSD working harder. Defrag your SSD and tell me what the temps go to and for how long. You thrash the life expectancy of the SSD for 1 billionth of a second speed increase. Get your fucking act together you tampon.

Quickly post and explain how an SSD stores data.

If you can give me the right answer in 2 minutes then I will assume you know something.

If not. Then I suggest shutting up and learning something.

that shit is good man, really looking forward to the next update. Although they are letting chucklefish handle all the multiplayer stuff

You sound like a neckbeard

You have taken too long, no doubt trying to wiki it or some shit, the answer is simple it stores data logically on chips never concurrently which is preferable on plate based HDD.

You also ignored the fact that data cannot be overwritten on SSDs and have to be deleted and rewritten.

You also think timing is 1 billionth of a second... shut the fuck up yes? You clearly don't understand. It's an average 0.10ms timing.

So yeah... you clearly don't understand nothing, and people like you give out shit advice that people will blindly follow.

SSDs need defragging to keep them logically current or else performance issues as well as life issues creep in.

Yep, same boat.
I've been following the game since its conception, but had the sense not to buy until I read reviews specifically for the PC.
My expectations were lower than the GDP of third world countries by the time I read everything, but I really didn't want to let go of that dream of exploring entire planets.
So I torrented the game to see if I liked it -- game is REALLY not bad. I've actually had a few really cool moments in it.

If you like exploration and survival, the game is good.
If you like those things, plus sci fi and/or are excited about the technology behind it (not to say its the first game to use procedural generation, or even use it well -- just the concept of multiple planets, star systems, & galaxies) then this game is great.

In neither conditions is the game amazing, which is disappointing, but it's definitely not bad at all.

+ idgaf about multiplayer or most of the shit that was lied about, so lucky me

P.S. I'll probably buy it legally sometime around a sale to support the devs IF they add more shit through updates (of which all signs point to yes)

Cringed

Devs need to open it to the modding community.
Full stop.