What is your favorite Radiohead song and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YFYOkfpBrSY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lately Maquiladora

Simple because of that E G# A riff, and I haven't listened to it in a long time

karma police

Creep because someone told me I'm weirdo.

Its a tough one op, you really got me thinking. I've probably listened to Myxomatosis the most. At the time I heard it, the song really spoke to me because I was a twitchy rabbit / outcast.

'They should me put me in a home, or they should put me down'

Fucking everything about that song is great. I was about to play it to a girl once. It would be her first radiohead song she would have heard. I don't know how that's possible, but whatever. I was about to push play on Myxamotosis and said 'You know what, I don't think you're good enough for this song.'

After a bit of too and fro I eventually I played it pretty loud, mostly for me again and tried figuring it out on the piano.

The riff / time signature is indeterminate and those songs always get the most mileage. Pyramid Song is my next favourite.

Present Tense

It's so sublime it's unreal.

I'm going to be that guy and say Weird Fishes.

Its starts off so simple and then becomes this ridiculously melancholic song and has one of my favorite endings ever

>hit the bottom, hit the bottom and escape

love the delivery on
>My thoughts are misguided and a little naive

the shoegaze/grunge vibes on those Bends b-sides are so great

in limbo

the flowing guitars and the rhythm stuff is what i like

Fake Plastic Trees, which is ironic because The Bends as a whole is on par with Pablo Honey for me and almost as bad as Hail to the Thief

Reckoner

>Fucking everything about that song is great. I was about to play it to a girl once. It would be her first radiohead song she would have heard. I don't know how that's possible, but whatever. I was about to push play on Myxamotosis and said 'You know what, I don't think you're good enough for this song.'
top cringe

Pyramid Song

It's a piano ballad but turned into something else, the piano play and drumming is wonderful, i also love the lyrics, and all the effects around the song.

Bloom
live version with trumpets

Actually TKOL is their most rhythmically complex and I fuck with it

either Myxomatosis or Separator

Reckoner
It feels both otherwordly and deeply human at the same time, just full of benevolence. It sounds like the music of an angel coming down to earth.

The entirety of TKoL is a close second.

been listening to this live version of Bloom a lot

youtube.com/watch?v=YFYOkfpBrSY

Thom's falsetto is good, but hot damn his natural range is great

Karma Police because it's their only good song on their only not shit album

I wouldnt call modal voice someone's 'natural range'
lots of vocalists sound natural in falsetto range, its a matter of good or bad falsetto

Shit taste

Good taste

Either Subterranean Homesick Alien, Jigsaw Falling Into Place or The Tourist for me

I honestly don't like Radiohead. I guess I like Paranoid Android.

Bodysnatchers for me

Kid A or Motion Picture Soundtrack. I really love Airbag, as well.

Daydreaming is actually creeping up there for me

Like sardines

how to disappear competently

because i want to disappear *wink* *wink*

In Limbo because it's better than their other songs.

I like Reckoner but it sounds too derivative of late Talk Talk to earn those originality points. It's no secret that rh were big Talk Talk fans.

Desert Island Disk or Idioteque

(Deser Island, not idioteque, idioteque sounds too ambient)
Sounds good

Bit too boring for me

I was expecting this to be like this This was OK

I dont know much of Radiohead, so I'll say my favourite so far is the bends or everything

>I was about to push play on Myxamotosis and said 'You know what, I don't think you're good enough for this song.'
is this a pasta?