This is garbage lmao

this is garbage lmao

edgy music that whites and asians listen to whilst they shoot up a middle school

True, only edgy high scoolers like it

whatever. the production and playing is incredible. adrian belew is a guitar god.

>Sup Forums trying to bait.

yeah, the cringy lyrics and vocals ruined it for me. i love the s/t track tho

he may be the best rock critic (by far) but that doesn't mean he's always right, Downward Spiral is a 7.5 at best, he even originally gave it an 8 himself

this. amazing production. alan moulder doing the mix doesnt hurt either.

A Warm Place is great, trent is very good with ambient, i can't stand the cringy lyrics and his voice

some albums by garbage
are garbage also

Is there an instrumental version of this album? I LOVE the production but the edgy ass lyrics make me stop listening to it after the first 4 songs. I can't stand that shit.

In hindsight it's a bit shit
But when it came out it was progressive hence the high rating even though it's a bit shit

Trent's vocals and lyrics are something that a lot of people will be diverse about, some people will love the honesty Trent showcases in both, it is clear what he is writting and how he is singing those lyrics is his honesty. Then you have otherse which will just absolutely hate it, I believe that with a lot of NIN's lyrics, most of the time, you have to been to some places of depression to not be put off by it.

The Downward Spiral's lyrics in my opinion are really good and set out exactly what they aim to accomplish and are called "cringy" and "edgy" just due to what people hear at first, even though they have a lot to say and analyse things such as how we people let the entire world control and shape our personality as the world wants us to, it is about an invidual who realizes this, or see the world as all attempting to control him after he loses a thing that mattered to him the most and kept him from falling apart, his attempts to break from his "chains" is what leads to his suicide.

There is also obviously a lot of sincerety coming from Trent, a lot of edgy songs are being edgy to intentionally shock, meanwhile all what Trent really wanted to do is to tell a story he had constructed in his head, the story somehow probably reflecting him but not directly, the next album The Fragile was all about him though.

The production of this along with The Fragile is fucking timeless.

You can't argue with triples

>you have to been to some places of depression to not be put off by it.
this is exactly what i'm talking about, you don't even know what depression means, you are just talking about feeling sad, nin fans are so cringy

that's so arrogant
nice triples th

But Trent is diagnosed with depression. Depression isn't just "feeling sad" and does not appear just in teenagers, I do admit that the way I wrote that one can be taken in many ways though, the way I wrote it sounded like I was talking about "sometimes being sad" but trust me I know that iis not how depression is.

>thinks clinical depression is the same as feeling sad about something.

>I believe that with a lot of NIN's lyrics, most of the time, you have to been to some places of depression to not be put off by it.
really? i think it's people who have been there, got over it a little bit and just don't want to think about it, who can't accept their past selves yet

He's literally telling you that depression doesn't mean bein sad, nin fans are just angstier than most and think they've gone through actual depression

I think the biggest difference between people who love this album or hate it, is those who are discontent with the modern world vs people who have no problems with modernity. This whole album is a cry for help from modern man, someone who knows things aren't right but is in bondage to the rape machine

nice reading comprehension skills

>nin fans are so cringy
yes i am. deal with it.

No you just didn't get it.

>nin fans are just angstier than most and think they've gone through actual depression

spot on

What did you get huh?

I know, but I believe that most people who are just "feeling sad" would look at something from Linkin Park or such, Nine Inch Nails feels to dirty in comparison and isn't as accesible. I won't act like there are people who listen to it and are just angsty fucks who probably didn't even look deeper into the album, but that should not hinder the actual complexity the album has, both from concept and musical stand point

user literally inferred people relating their own depression to nin lyrics were actually only experiencing "sad feelings", not depression.

you are garbage lmao

Agree