Any success stories with Rocksmith?

Any success stories with Rocksmith?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OnFGvCp2fbc?t=1m34s
customsforge.com
youtube.com/watch?v=GW0Tj0_4mjQ&t=38s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Idk about success stories but it's fun to play

idk about RS but guitar hero is half the reason i had enough finger str/dex to learn guitar easily.

It's really not a all-in-one teacher, and you can build some bad habits by playing only Rocksmith, but it's really fun and honestly a good trainer. The moment where you hear the guitar background to the song and realize that you are generating it is magical. This setlist is kinda shit, but still fun

It's a fun video game but it's pretty silly to rely on to learn how to play guitar. How do you think every single guitar player in history learned how to play?

my electric guitar strings zapped me when i try to set it up on PC to play it

it's great for intermediate/advanced players to learn songs with. for a beginner, it's a good supplement to lessons + ear training but not a replacement for either.

if you're a complete beginner, it can get you started, but if you rely on it as your sole source of practice you'll end up like this guy. youtu.be/OnFGvCp2fbc?t=1m34s

the game doesn't do a good enough job of teaching good technique and removes the need to actually listen to yourself, which is arguably the most important aspect of practice. just because you have 90% in a song doesn't mean you're playing it well.

and whats wrong with this guy?

A cool tool for learning songs, but it won't singlehandedly teach you to play guitar or anything.

it was meant to link to the solo at 1:34, which is pretty obviously bad.

but there are subtle issues with the rest of it as well, e.g. he's not hitting the second muted open 6th string in the main riff and the game is isn't penalizing him for it. someone who doesn't play probably wouldn't notice this stuff but people who do play will recognize that he needs to slow the song down and practice it some more.

youre deaf he is fucking amazeing guitarist you are just jelous

It teaches you up to a certain very low level point and the bad habits are usually harder to correct than it is worth it. Just get a teacher, it's not fun or "vidya" but you'll go much farther.

kek

It's amazing for learning songs and pretty fun. It really openes up when you start downloading custom songs, very nice community for it too. customsforge.com

It got me started, but I try to practice more with my amp. I like to go into the riff repeater on a song and plug into my amp and try to figure em out. I mostly use it at night to I can play at 3am and not get kicked out of my apartment.

you aint grounded

so i can go out after all?
thanks mom

Honestly, just get Guitar Pro or even free Power Tab. Working from tabs is a far better way of understanding what you're doing before sheet music. Even Ultimate Guitar Pro (ugh) is a pretty inexpensive package that's all in-browser. I've been using it for a few months now and it's pretty fun and convenient.

dude, Rocksmith's layout fucking sucks on most of their songs

youtube.com/watch?v=GW0Tj0_4mjQ&t=38s

look at that shit at :38. Why the FUCK would you go down A string like that when you could do half of it on the D string and keep everything on one section of the neck?

it's like they just took whatever garbage tab was upvoted on some terrible site like ultimate guitar and put it in the game.

That's official DLC. It's what the musician played on the track not some shitty ug tab.

>look at that shit at :38. Why the FUCK would you go down A string like that when you could do half of it on the D string and keep everything on one section of the neck?
Because he needs to hit he B# (A#) and A (G) on the E (B) string which he couldn't do if he played that part on the 3rd string

It's a trainwreck, he can barely play on the beat.

..yeah you could lol , i dunno what you're on about but you can do the part much more easily by going up a string

kek

Pretty sure he deleted his other channel but he's actually a pretty good guitar player, but the game teaches you bad habits and I think he's playing to the games weaknesses to get a better score.

I've played it for quite a while but had to stop because I tried playing a song I had committed to memory through an amp and it was horrendous. It's a very lenient game. It's best use as a supplement to real/more traditional learning.

The Super Ducks games are good fun for breaking through the tedium. I play the arcade games more than the songs.

>yeah you could lol
Great fucking rebuttal lol. You could but you'd need to move your hand three times and in different directions as opposed to sweeping your hand across the neck in one direction.

Did you not have the knowledge to transpose it and just shat out a post to make yourself look knowledgeable?

>success stories with Rocksmith
elaborate

i'm thinking of picking this up just to have a way to combine gaming and guitar into one. it might be fun

but in my honest opinion, i wouldn't consider this a teacher for guitar. it is what it is, a game and nothing more.

i think if you put yourself into learning mode and take what it gives and turn it into lessons, then i guess it can teach. otherwise just play for fun.

It can't teach. You can play sloppy as shit and out of time and the game will tell you, you've done a great job.

It doesn't even accept a perfectly tuned guitar, I need to tune mines down slightly for it to register as in tune for the game.

It can get finicky detecting bends but it won't punish you for sloppy mistakes. Sometimes you can win hard solos if you just strum the chord in the same scale.

Pretty good overall to keep your fingers moving or warmed up I guess, but don't expect to play the same song as well as you think it tells you away from the game without more practice.

I wasnt a beginner when I got it and I played it like every day until the fucking update which made all of my torrented songs disappear and now i havent played it for the last few months
:(
help
i patched it and everything and it still isnt working