So I saw it today, and it's actually pretty fucking great

So I saw it today, and it's actually pretty fucking great.

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft/
time.com/3954154/duncan-jones-warcraft-movie-female-characters/
youtube.com/watch?v=ritZxM_uejA
youtube.com/watch?v=z89Uv1Gl6Z0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When will there be a good torrent? I have no wow friends and I don't like to leave the house

What's its RT score?

Probably soon. It started airing today in Russia,

Yep, liked it as well. Pretty fucking grim in fact.

rottentomatoes.com/m/warcraft/

A lot of the reviews are saying things like "its heart is in the right place" or "flawed but beautiful spectacle".

I'm really hoping for an opening day RT of around 60%.

No chance now, unfortunately its going to be in the 40s at best

It's really kinda fucked. I mean, I feel like this is suffering from John Carter syndrome: decent movie with cool worldbuilding but SHIT marketing.

critics are hiveminding this film like crazy.

What's with this delusion? Warcraft has been marketed heavily, the movie just sucks.

Shit marketing doesn't mean non-existent marketing. I'm saying even Duncan Jones hated the marketing for this, doesn't rep the movie accurately at all.

this. no matter how much the shills try to shill

It's hard to pinpoint where the retardation in this movie peaks. My guess would be when Glenn Close suddenly shows up in what I believe was a pretty expensive cameo and mutters some dumb shit about light being dark.

it's still a shit movie. quit blaming marketing. Why is everyone making so many excuses for this fucking movie? God damn. It's BVS all over again

>I'm really hoping for an opening day RT of around 60%.

Why, for fucks sake? These guys rated The Boondock Saints 20% and Deadpool 83%.

I cannot wait to see this movie. I really hope that I am able to tell everyone how much I liked it, when I see it, without everyone being upset like they were when Pacific Rim came out. Pacific Rim was good too but there were so many people hating on it here

>RT
>rating

hahaha lol

>it's still a shit movie.
It's not though.

>Pretty fucking great

Try AMAZING

I still feel the hype in my cock reverberating.

I'm sure you liked BVS as well. You fanboys are annoying as fuck

Primarily because I want to believe that a high budget fantasy can be fucking amazing again.

>$0,05 has been added to your account.

it's ok, much better than most fantasy schmuck but it's not memorable

Have you seen it? Because I have

Whilst having many flaws it's definitely not bad
In my opinion it's a 7/10

> The fucking Boondock Saints
> not fucking terrible

you should find a better example, they're out there.

>I'm sure you liked BVS as well
I did
>You fanboys are annoying as fuck
Literally deal with it

fuck those faggot "critics"
this movie was fucking azaming, it's even better than LOTR.
I would rate it 10/10 and fuck u hipster niggers

I mean, it's basically a tastemaker at this point. Regardless of the actual quality of the movie the Tomatometer is the first thing people look at when deciding if they want to go.

Anything below 60% fucking obliterates profit for most (not all) movies.

I want it to at least spark a little interest in fantasy again.

No thanks. Enjoy living a delusional life

Ragnar was great

What was the last good Hugh budget fantasy film?

you guys are fucking shills, hating on WC.

>it's even better than LOTR
doesn't take that much, the only good LOTR movie is FOTR

My first instinct is to say LOTR, so it's been a fucking while.

Movie theaters near me are over $10 a head. I'm not paying 25 fucking dollars to watch that movie when I refuse to pay $15 to play the game.

I'm glad it's a great movie. Waiting till dvd.

>Waahhhhh your opinion is wrong and mine is right waaahhhh

this movie is THE FUCKING SHIT. best movie of the year without a doubt.
i'm about to see it for the third time cause thats how fucking good it is

I would shill this film so hard without money ever, because it's been a fucking long time since I sat in a film and was this captivated.

Yeah, it's cheese and ham to your heart's content, but that only makes it a delicious staple sandwhich. It has its flaws, but you can feel how everybody involved in making this film has put their hearts into it.

You can dislike this film for being fantasy, you can trash it for being a vidya adaptation, you can even throw shit at it for plotholes that just pop up and maybe could have been avoided.

But you can't say it's a shit film that doesn't entertain. I had a group of eighteen people, all of varying degrees of interest in films or warcraft, with only the briefest being centered in both worlds, but all of them were convinced that this is great film with heart and mind.

>if I quote user adding waaaaaahhhh I'm gonna ridicule him
literally gb2/pol/

The movie itself wasn't that great, but I loved the lore interpretations. Expect the ending. Stormwind should've burned.

>I have a different opinion
>therefore you are wrong

>but you can feel how everybody involved in making this film has put their hearts into it.

h-hey guys....e...e..e for effort...right?

#givedoomhammeraboyfriend

Get with the times, Blizzard

Man, y'all shouldn't listen to the critics
I just came home from watching it, and i gotta say it's the greatest movie i have seen in a very long time
It has everything it was supposed to have
It tells the story of the original Warcraft in a fantastic way
It's animation and effects are great
It has jaw dropping fight scenes, and the way they portray the characters is simply awesome.
The critics truly are hiveminding the shit out of this movie, and cannot see it for what it truly is.

hello samefag!

>Implying it's bad when you can actually perceive just how much people love their work when they present it to you
>Implying it's the same as the idiotic "you participated, you're an winner is you!" medals you get so your feelings aren't hurt

I agree that you have to draw the line somewhere and that senseless labour doesn't yield much quality. But you can clearly see that the enthusiasm of people has been properly guided and coordinated to squeeze just that little more dreamjuice out of the whole thing.

That means so much in the entertainment buisiness and is arguably the only thing that matters. Not the sophistication of tools at your disposal, not the sheer amount of marketing, not the renown of your cast - All that is close to fucking worthless if you can tell that people didn't care what their content is.

In this film, with this cast, you could feel the love and how people invested energy and precious time so that it would become something amazing.

But that's what you sound like... there can never be honest discussion here because people like you can't be open to debate or choose not to judge something before you've seen it.

t. J. Johnson

Comments like these (even though it's probably a troll) is why watching this movie flop so fucking hard feels so satisfying

It might be a flop with the critics, but I am pretty sure it'll bring a nice amount of money. Atleast enough for them to do a sequel.

Especially considering the shitfests from earlier years that made tons of money and spawned sequels.

stop it that's not Sup Forums's agenda right now

Wow the blizzard shills can crossboard now
Can't you guys stick to Sup Forums and /vg/

Do movies even flop anymore, BvS made like 800 mil

>Blizzard shills
>on Sup Forums and /vg/

More likely they crossed over here and started shitposting how bad it is, to be honest

So what exactly is Sup Forums's agenda?

...Y'know what, don't answer that question, Sup Forums probably hates movies as much as Sup Forums hates video games

Fucking this. All the people screaming "flop" are truly delusional. Just look at Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and what not

>hated on the net before it came out
>"lmao it will bomb"
>makes almost 500 million dollars
Pretty sure Ghostbusters wont bomb either

its is sad

>Pacific Rim was good too but there were so many people hating on it here
Eh you know just saying this makes me want to watch WoW. Pacific Rim was a good movie just for giant robot fights. If you went in with that mindset it was 10/10. The story was cliche was fuck, the dialogue was cliche. Horrible story, forced sequel. But if I go in thinking it's a great adaptation of WoW, I hope i'm not disappointed.

>hello samefag!
How could one man be so wrong?

Lmao why the fuck is everyone lying and claiming they saw it?
It's not playing until June

explain the whole comma instead of a point notation? I understand europeans just do things wrong to try and spite americans but it just doesn't make sense. what if a number is in the thousands or millions? is it just written 1,222,222,22?

its more confusing than stealing someone's urine from their body.

Yurop here.

Believe me when I say I am genuinely confused as to why this film would air in the Old World much earlier than in the united burgers of murcia.

>two numbers at the end instead of three

A period is a full stop. It doesn't make sense to say 1.222.222.222 because that's saying one, then two hundred and twenty two and so on.

A comma indicates a continuation.
So when you say $1,34 you're saying one dollar, and 34 of the same thing, where instead it's really $1.34 because it's one dollar, and 34 of something different.

Most likely cost related. Synchronous releases are expensive.

Burgers get to see it last. It's already airing in Europe and Asia.

>mfw some retarded reviewer refers to Anduin as a knight

its so the blizzard shills can pretend they're eurofags and slavshits who've already seen the movie.

But what if I am a slav? Чтo ты нa этo cкaжeшь, пидop?

>RT
>90% of the reviews are from Americans
>Movie only released in a few Euro Countries
??????

So they are just clickbaiting or what? Over half the Rotten Reviews are full of bullshit too. Multiple ones insulting WoW therefore the movie is bad. Multiple ones mad about the lack of strong females. Multiple ones from people who think NuBusters and Dragonball Evolution were good. Seriously, what is with these reviews? Atleast the BvS Ones were actual critiques, 90% of these rotten reviews are just whiny.

>a period is a full stop
yes, a stop of the full dollar notation, allowing the cent notation to make sense.
yeah it is 1 dollar and 34 of something different, change. 1,34 would be 1 change and 34 change. write out one thousand four hundred fifty eight DOLLARS and twenty three CENTS.

And just so you know I'm not trolling, I agree that european dating systems are superior, and metric as a whole is better. I just don't get the use of commas as a decimal and a comma, it has to be confusing, and for little reason.

What's even funnier is that foreign reviews have been quite positive.

>time.com/3954154/duncan-jones-warcraft-movie-female-characters/

>So you feel you don’t have the same problems you would face in adapting something like Tolkien?
>Exactly. It wasn’t written by an old, white man in the trenches in World War I. It’s going to have a different vibe.

Should I familiarize myself with the lore beforehand?

This movie betrays the lore. Orcs are mostly savages.

No. Movie dumps most of it.

Now they are noble savages.

no. a big problem with the movie is they berate the viewer with so much useless lore that the movie just bogs on forever.

Since US got ALL the patches 1 day before EU, they decided to let EU have the movie before the US.

Sounds insane, but that's literally why.

I don't mind exposition-dumping, to me at least it gives me something to turn over in my head. Hell, that's half the reason I was able to sit through Jupiter Ascending (that and based Redmayne hamming it up).

Will I like it despite that?

After almost half a year of relentless shilling, seeing the Blizzdrones mental gymnastics is fucking glorious.

It's because people watch literally every movie that is somewhat marketed instead of just passing on some of them.

thats up to you. the way they lump the lore is disjointed and doesn't feel right. by the 3rd time they cut away from the actual plot to tell you inane stuff I got bored. the cgi doesn't look right for some reason either. while that may be a personal thing too, its actually distracting while trying to watch a movie.

Its like trying to watch a show but only watching the "last time on..." part before the opening credits. Its just useless and designed more for the inevitable sequels than for the movie. very designed by committee feel that just irks me.

You mean the cool Warcraft 1+2 lore or the shitty WC3 + WoW lore?

Anduin the libcuck priest is named after SIR ANDUIN MOTHERFUCKING LOTHAR, THE LION OF AZEROTH, SMITER OF ORC-KEBAB SUPREME and pretty much the only reason Stormwind exists today since he led the exodus of the survivors across the Eastern Kingdoms to take refuge in Lordaeron.

This also made the Northern Kingdoms and Dwarves wake the fuck up to the Horde threat and the Alliance was born. Anduin Lothar legit saved Humanity near single-handedly.

That said, he still got lost in the Deadmines, lel.

I saw the WarCraft movie and believe me when I say it was easily the best movie that I have seen in the past 6 years. It is the perfect fantasy movie, and really shows that Blizzard cares about what kind of product they release. The story is told beautifully and the CGI is so impressively jawdropping that I don't think a movie can top it this year. [website name], you really cannot afford to miss this movie if you care about fantasy films, it is hands down the best one to come out in a long time. I was so impressed with Blizzard that I am going to purchase Overwatch for $40 on the PC. It just came out and Im very excited to support a great company such as this one, but the best part is its also available on consoles if thats what you game on.

Thrall killed Warcraft.

youtube.com/watch?v=ritZxM_uejA

LE SUPER FANNY SHILL MAYMAYS HAHA XD

So you're saying a Directors Cut would have greatly improved it?

youtube.com/watch?v=z89Uv1Gl6Z0

So seriously speaking, apart from using the orc origins from WC3 as Noble Savages, does it actually follow WC1/2 lore decently enough?

I bet that sounded funnier in your head.

no because they would release an extended edition in place of a director's cut, assuming the dislike was from not enough lore. people complaining they didn't understand what was going on or who these useless characters were (due to bloat) would get construed wrong.

the people making the movie just don't know how to do movies as a medium. they should have just released a bunch of shorts directly to battle.net and charged blizzdrones $15 a pop. THEN release an OVA of the whole story, cutting all the useless timebloating bullshit.

its just a mess. I guess the best way to go see it if you are dead set on it, is get high as fuck and pirate it. that way you won't care whats happening, you'll be entertained by the drugs. But if you're gonna do that, just get high and go outside.

VanCleef origin story when?

If it where a movie about a game I liked I see it and tell other to do so too, but since it's about a game I don't have any nostalgic love for it (I played other games back then) I have no interest in it at all.

It picks the lore apart and creates a mix between Warcraft 1, Rise of the Horde and Warcraft 3 retcons.

It starts with the twist that the orcs can't keep the portal open indefinitely but have to sacrifice a bunch of Draenei all of them to power the portal once so that a large enough warband can come through and start capturing people on Azeroth to fuel the portal from the other side so that the whole Horde can come through.

There's also a bunch of retcons to how Durotan and Draka died literal green moses ensues and how the Fel affects the orcs that got juiced up by it.

Also I wouldn't really call them noble savages in this regard. They're more like conan-esque barbarians that still use violence and combat prowess as the pillars of their society, not eternally enlightened american natives who shed a single manly tear at the sight of the exploitation of the land by the wHite man's hand.

Honestly doesn't sound too bad, coming from a guy who remembers playing WC1 and getting hyped as fuck that WC2 was coming out (I was -9-, that's a longass time ago). I fucking hate everything post WotLK and a bit of post Vanilla in general though and Nu-Blizzard disgusts me.

I'm sceptical but I'll watch it probably. I'll torrent it though, I ain't wasting dosh to see this.

Frankly I loved all the changes. It took things down a few notches on the powerlevel skala and made the narrative much easier to relate.

The romance wasn't all that important most of the time, but admittedly there were some scenes when it took the spotlight and they felt unnecessary.

Either way you should support DJ so he can give us those sweet sweet sequels instead of hoisting the digital jolly roger.