Why don't they make bulletproof vests etc. out of diamond if it is the hardest metal?

Why don't they make bulletproof vests etc. out of diamond if it is the hardest metal?

because its expensive holy shit you're a dense nigger

They do actually. Little known fact. All bulet proof vests are maid out of diamonds. They shape the diamond metal into thread like material and make a weave out of it. I know because I work in the fagtory.

This

Because it is the hardest metal known the man. How do you expect them to cut it into the shape of a vest?

>Because it would be too heavy. 1 gram of diamonds weighs like 15 grams

>1 gram weighs 15 grams

XD breh

>diamond
>metal
Kill yourself

Because it's not funny anymore fucking summerfag

>Not knowing diamonds can cut other diamonds

It is the hardest metal. Everyone knows this. Maybe you should go back to preschool. Take a pacifier on your way, plz.

You workin in diamond thread fagtoey too? Jim?

It's really not. Synthetic diamonds are just as hard as natural diamonds and the only reason real diamonds are expensive is because "HURR DURR because we say it is". There's no lack of natural diamonds in the world, so it's not a matter of supply and demand.

nigger

>one gram of diamonds weighs like 15 grams.

Whoa. You care to explain how that fucking works?

NORMANS GET OUT
ROOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh and also to expand on this: diamonds would make shitty bullet proof vests as they're ridiculously easy to shatter. Hardness is only measured in a materials ability to scratch other materials, but take a well placed hammer to a diamond and it will shatter.

Why not make some crazy layered armor then?
Like:
Kevlar | Lead | Diamond
Yes, I know, lead is heavy and poisonous. But we all know diamond armor for humans is impractical from the start; but who's to say we can't make it for vehicles?

It is the hardest material not metal faggot.
Diamonds are made out of coal.

because diamond mining companies hoard diamonds and only let a tiny percentage onto the market to artificially raise the price

Ignorant chit.

Don't worry user i understood the reference.

It's called carbon in English, eurobro. Coal is a type of rock.

gram of diamonds weighs like 15 grams

>this niggra gets it

So? That's just a political barrier, not a physical barrier. To hell with the companies then. Raid them. Burn them alive. Just make sure we get that sweet Carbon. Or even better, just compress charcoal on a really damn good compressor. I've seen it done before with my own eyes; and the diamond is real diamond (yet for some dumb reason the crystal is said to have no more value than any other pebble when it's made that way).

As stated before: natural diamonds are shit people only buy for wedding rings. Synthetic diamonds are a real thing.

Im laughing too much at this

kek

synthetic diamonds aren't as good though, they don't have the same energies as real diamonds

That's some low quality bait, mate

low quality is the new high quality

Little fun fact
The harder the material usually the more brittle it gets.
> glass for example is one of the hardest materials but isn't used for anything but windows because of how brittle it is.
A diamond is the same way, it will break and shatter before it flexes in any way

bullshit, you don't see metal bridges flopping about like your dad's flaccid dick

Sup Forums is officially dead