Im keen to buy some leds for growing

Im keen to buy some leds for growing,
any feed back on why i should or shouldnt?

looking for personal experiences..
cheers, aussie fag

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/173932061
ozledgrowlights.com.au/
ozledgrowlights.com.au/black.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumping out of interest

OP - thanks mate, wheres the growers at?

Who knows man? Hopefully someone shows up, last time my buddy and I tried, the metal halide lights we used burned everything. We just did not enough room. So I'm looking for some good LEDs myself.

ive done well 10 years ago using mh, 2 pounds 1 light, now im keen to start again, want to know if the led's are any good,

former pro led grower/dealer

Not really worth it imho. You need at least 5w leds in the unit to have ok results and then they maks so much heat that they burn out quicker. Unless you have some electronics background and can fix it up.

i only want to do 2 plants, personal use
would love as info as i can get..

running cost is an issue as its for personal , im not out to sell or deal.

Also wondering on a personal level, not a Imma start growing enough to swing it level. Metal halides were to hot and to close in our only area to grow, even when doing auto flowers. Would they be okay for that, if not what would you recommend we do? Also, not op, I'm the guy who bumped for interest

OP - vimeo.com/173932061

OP - hooks in the roof, and have lights on chains raise as needed,

yeah they could work. For 2 plants you need a minimum of 400w led with no chips under 5w

OP - so dope vimeo.com/173932061
count the movie samples,

i have good experience, using HPS lamps. much better than LED's imo

LEDs will get hot also. Aggressive airflow is still needed but it can work out. Overall cost vs conventional bulbs does not add up. Got with the old stuff honestly unless you hot money to blow. LEDs typically dont last long enough to see any savings long term.

Roof was literally to low for this, and this was with foot high auto flowers. It's an old stand alone garage that got converted into a one room house. Like, seven feet tall? I can touch the ceiling on flat feet.

OP - was gonna buy from this guy
ozledgrowlights.com.au/

good advice right here ! I also use chains to possition my fans inside my "tent"

Fuck. Was hoping it would be like LEDs for planted fish tanks, they are way cooler than the other bulbs for growing aquatic plants

If you want to use led's, know this:

Dont be tricked by the wattage stated. A 1200w led grow light can be useless if it uses 1w and/or 3w leds.

OP - cheers mate, growing rooms arnt that hard, doesnt mater where the vent is, as long as theres intake and outlet, air finds its way,

I'M OP - im thinking of buying this?
ozledgrowlights.com.au/black.php
for 2 plants.

i use a grow tent, so having everything off the floor, makes it so i can just pour water inside the floor of the tent, without having to move anything or worry about any of the electrics shorting out something.
Also i suspended the outlet vent motor, with rubberbands ( the thick ones from a car) to minimize the noise output the motor generates.

OP - your setup seems a bit messy, i understand the tent, but pouring on the floor, can cause rot, i use coconut fibre in pots with rocks for drainage, raised of the the floor, im just saying, not dissing..

Using 4-5 of these...
Almost no heat

my pots are raised about 4 mm (euro fag reporting in) of the floor to avoid that very problem. Also i rotate the pots once a day and rearrange the plants 2-3 a week

-----------------------------------------------------
-------CREE CXB 3590 rollitup ----------
-----------------------------------------------------