Why isn't bjork more of a feminist icon? her lyrics are usually pretty empowering to women

Why isn't bjork more of a feminist icon? her lyrics are usually pretty empowering to women

i think she's said she doesn't like feminism

She's too successful to be accepted by third wave feminism. With them it's if they can't succeed then no one should

>what is beyonce

>beyonce
>feminist

you seemed to have confused that term with "nigger"

> husband command her career
>feminist

cause feminists are incapable of doing anything right so it is obvious their music taste is shit as well

ow the EDGE

Because her music has artistic merit.

Feminists normally have shit taste in art.

>Why isn't bjork more of a feminist icon? her lyrics are usually pretty empowering to women
well for starters bjork is pretty passive aggressive with her empowerment .
also not everybody is really cool with her voice she has more male fans than females

NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF

she sort of is with female musicians with good taste

because bjork still acknowledges her male collaborators.
current feminism is all about just saying FUCK MEN SPECIFICALLY WHITES

its all about who barks the loudest and causes click bait and bjork doesn't play that game

no true at all

But Bjork doesn't give a single fuck about politics. She cares more about nature and earth.

She enjoys the occasional erect penis.

Feminists don't like that.

no

yea she really unapologetically loves sex and men, which is a big no-no. feminists are only allowed to enjoy them situationally, when it can 'win' them an argument

I'm gonna say that's why Madonna has never been a feminist icon either.

As she put it, "My mother's generation, the 70s generation, they were the ones who went out there and waved signs and protested. My generation however, we pretty much just went out and took what we wanted."

>lyrics are usually pretty empowering to women

not really..? some lovey dovey shit but that's it

>i think she's said she doesn't like feminism

no, she's complained about sexism while working on biophillia and noted the (tumblr) trend of young girls bitching rn

>her lyrics are usually pretty empowering to women
What?
Did she really said that?

why do you think she's not?

wrong. A lot of feminists take sex positivity too far imo. You'll rarely find one that has a problem with a woman being open about her sex life.

she was fucking a nigger afterall

no, she's literally spoken out against feminism.
one of the reasons i like her so much

her lyrics are abstract af wtf

>wrong. A lot of feminists take sex positivity too far imo. You'll rarely find one that has a problem with a woman being open about her sex life.
no you're confusing him notice how he said loves "men"
i know about the sex positivity but she never disses her partners in a negative way
shes spoken out against the current feminist who just tweet and whine about stuff. she supports female empowerment thru action not words

Correct. Hence her remark about "My generation just went out and took what we wanted."

so? The majority of popular feminists are straight women. They obviously enjoy having sex with men, get married to men, like spending time with them etc.

poor syllogism user

No. Modern Feminism has been taken over by American Lesbians who believe that all forms of intercourse, even within marriage, is rape.

eh, no?

>ALL PUNKS FUCK OFF

FIFY

how else do you define loving men, besides literally loving them?

Accurate

You realize homosexuals are like 2% of the world population right?

Yeah. And they take up about 80% of time that could be spent on real issues.

Feminism is basically whining and lesbianism, healthy intelligent adults don't latch on too ideologies like that. I do think Bjork is an amazing example of a strong and cool woman, way more than someone like Lena Dunham

those are some convincing numbers

There are few gays proportionate to the total population but they have a considerable amount of wealth and power (especially in the entertainment industry), so...money talks.

You've listened to volta?

Nice stats

>I learn about feminism from edgy youtubers who use hyperbole and not actual human interaction XD

That's what you sound like faggot

>actual human interaction

m8 i know a girl who is the lead singer of an actual riot grrrl band called the menstrual cramps. she is pretty much exactly as you'd imagine from that nugget of info

most gay people aren't married with kids...

Today's feminism and cuck liberal movements are controlled by the Jews who also control ISIS and send bombs to childrens and women in Palestina and also controls what liberal Sup Forums should listen to be brainwashed.

What a time to be alive.

I never thought of feminism when I would listen to Bjork until one day my brother said he doesn't like Bjork because she sounds like music for lonely feminists. I just thought she was a good singer/songwriter. I hate people that have to make everything political.

sounds pretty fun to be h

Debut [Elektra, 1993] :(

Post [Elektra, 1995]

This well-regarded little item rekindles my primeval suspicion of Europeans who presume to "improve" on rock and roll (or for that matter Betty Hutton, originator of the best song here). I don't miss the Sugarcubes' guitars per se so much as their commitment to the groove, which--sporadic though it would remain, Iceland not being one of your blues hotbeds--might shore up the limited but real intrinsic interest of her eccentric instrumentation, electronic timbres, etc. Then there's her, how shall I say it, self-involved vocal devices. Which brings us to, right, her lyrics, which might hit home harder if she'd grown up speaking the English she'll die singing, but probably wouldn't. Anybody out there remember Dagmar Krause? German, Henry Cow, into artsong and proud of it? Well, take my word for it. She was no great shakes either. But at least she had politics. C+

Homogenic [Elektra, 1997]

she organizes freedom--how Scandinavian of her ("Joga," "Bachelorette") **