Hey Sup Forumsros, I bought this "sword" from the flea market for 15 euros...

Hey Sup Forumsros, I bought this "sword" from the flea market for 15 euros, but I have no idea what it is or where it's from. Can anyone help me out?

It's a piece of steel-shaped shit

Machete for cutting down brush in the woods

It's called a scimitar

This, looks cool though

Out of curiosity, what happens when you bend the blade? Does it stay bent?

All wrong, this is a Sruil Blade from India, used primarily in the 14th century.

It bends very little, but returns back to shape.

That would be a exiguo gladium, fairly standard design the handle is rather showy, pretty common knives in less developed countries should serve you well enough, 15 euros don't expect to be impressed

dubs must know

>where is it from
>Flea market blade
China
Don't worry, it's total shit.

It's from K-mart, you're welcome

Flex it as hard as you can. Most blades return to shape after being flexed "very little"

>WRONG

indian user here, its a officers sabre, possibly french

Martial arts fag here. It looks like a Malaysian Dha, these are typically used in krabi krabong, muay boran, and pradal serey. it looks of pretty decent quality for 15 euros.

Tried it again. It bends.

Does it bend back to completely straight or stay bent a little? Also, pics of the other side of the blade

stay bent a little. Need a few seconds to get a pic

*minutes

SE Asian in origin. Possibly Thai.

Got this from a sword forum. The steel may not have been heat treated.

Pic of spine at base near handle please.

I was thinking SE Asian. Wanted pics of both sides of the blade for a makers mark or something

There, the two requested pics. No idea why this was such a hard task for me

Or did you mean this mark?

Is there anything at all on the left side of the blade? Won't make you take more photos, just look for anything abnormal on the left side of the blade, closer to the hilt.

Yep, that's the one. Cancel that

it's some chink shit that isn't worth anything

>WRONG

Shruil Blade faggot go shit in the street

its from the flea market retard

Either a machete or a wall hanger display sword. If you want a combat ready sword, be prepared to spend over 200$ for something good

I don't recognise it. If it feels sturdy and the blade is springy, then you got a good deal for 15 euros. Hell, even if it doesn't feel sturdy you got a good deal

steel shaped shit?

steel has a shape?

it's a india katanana

Just to make sure that it does its job you should try and hit yourself with it a couple times? Like I dunno.

Looks like some cheap Indonesian wall art sword

Indian weeaboo

>Combat
>2016
>Sword

It's a cheap thing that gets sold to tourists. It has almost zero functionality, outside decoration.

You paid too much for it, but you can take solace that the poor bastard that sold it to you probably got ripped off way more than you did.

It's a Thai sword called a Krabi.

On higher end ones will have some brass inset in the spine. The maker's mark is not familiar.

So far looks like a wall hanger. Unless you have a blacksmith or a local metallurgist check it out, I won't use it for anything except for decoration at this point.

>Where will you be when the dead walk the earth?

Measure the length of the blade using your forearm. Elbow at the point where it joins the handle, extend fingertips. Make a fist with you other hand and touch your middle finger of the extended hand to it.

This is to measure whether it is for one hand or two hand use.

This is the old style of sword measurement "one length from elbow to the tip of the fingers and add the length of one fist, with the tip profiled as a chicken's beak".

This is tourist souvenir from some resort in any asian country. The guy that bought that was probably drunk or a plain tasteless idiot.
Come on, look at that blade.
There were so many other ways to spend 15€

Well, finding cheap blades here is rare. It was an impulse buy on my part, and at least I have something to decorate my depressinlgy empty and white wall with.

where do you live?

Suomi.
Perkele

buy viking axes then. No this gay chink pseudo blades

It's a Shan Dha, from Myanmar. Although this one is obviously a cheap recreation.

It is a sword from the flea market dumbass

Funny thing I noticed actually, there were a fuckton of axes, even double-bladed ones. I... Should've bought an axe.

>Shan Dha,
this

WTF
I have that in rusty in my cellar to sell on a flea market

i want to polish it a bit before i sell it

It's not a very common weapon, that's why people don't easily recognize them.

>Shan Dha
... from the souvenir shop near the reception of the "Panorama Resort" at Phuket, Thailand

This is not a weapon, this is a souvenir

>i want to polish it a bit before i sell it
Then the sum of your work on it will worth more than the object itself.
tl;dr: don't bother

I know, but the bases for the "souvenir" is a Shan Dha, which is a weapon.

i'm a professional "sword polish guy something" SCHWERTFEGER I don't think theres an english word for this
takes me about 10 min or so to remove the rust and thats how far I would go

Steel wool, sand paper, cloth rag.

Rick Harisson will tell you that by polishing it you ruined it's value. It was near zero and now it will be absolute zero.

that would take up to 1 hour
use this
>Filename

I know its a worthless piece of shit
its just for fun bruh