yep

its 9

i feel bad for the thread thats incoming who had nigger-tier education

nope:
6/2(1+2)=?
6/2*3=?
3*3=?

pemdas you illiterate fuck

I'm not saying i'm right, but correct me if I'm wrong, which I think I am.

PEMDAS

6/2(1+2)

Would you not do Multiply first? As in:

6/2+4

Divide

3+4

Add

who knows i'm drunk but it's multiply divide add subtract amirite?

You fucking retard. It's not ALWAYS multiplication before division. You can do division before multiplication if it appears before it in the syntax of the expression.

Just kidding, the first step is Parenthesis.

You fucking autistic faggots.

Its 9, and here is where the confusion lies. Many school teachers teach PEMDAS, or BEDMAS,that is Parenthesis,exponents,multiplicaiton,divsion,addition,subtraction; the order in which to do your math. The problem is, division and multiplication have the same priority, as well as addition and subtraction; many teachers forget/dont know to explain this. Thus, in this particular problem, you started by adding the parenthesis
6/2(3)
and then the next part, the part where the confusion lies; you divide 6/2 and get 3.
and then its 3 * 3. Thus 9. You can verify this in google and most calculators.

No need to distribute the two if the terms in the parentheses are easily reduced by themselves.

This is the only correct awnser

Who's the illiterate fuck now eh?

parentheses dont disappear just because the expression inside is in its simplest form

thank you.
Just for people interested. Multiplication and division are on the same "level" so wichever comes first in the equation gets evaluated first. Dunno this PEMDA you're all going on about since I'm not living in the US, but the same trouble exists in other languages.

its not 9,
parentheses dont disappear just because the expression inside is in its simplest form.
and besides you dont add the 1 and 2 together first, you distribute the 2 throughout the numbers, but i guess you fags failed middle school maths

>tfw dumbasses don't know it's PE(MD)(AS)

but you forget that the parentheses are first, so you would always end up with 6/6
how many of you fucks actually passed math

wrong again I'm affraid. parentheses just mean you solve the subformula inside the parentheses first. What you're trying to force is a way to solve for unknown variables.

If not, god help us all.

It's fucking bullshit cause it is a badly formed sentence, you need more parenthesis, otherwise is like saying "i would like some juice or water with ice", has no good answer and you won't never find that type of mathematical sentence in serious stuff.

Negro, your options are juice or water with ice. You wouldn't take ice with your juice. Fucking degenerate.

are you fucking retarded?

taking water with water?

no you take ice with juice

See:

B E D M A S:
Brackets
Exponents
Division
Multiplication
Addition
Subtraction

These threads are always hilarious because I personally hate math, but it's 9.

Dunno and don't particularly care if you're "baiting" - for anyone with more than 6 / 2 (1+2) brain cells: this is wrong. The answer is 9.

6/2 is 3. 1+2 is 3. those are factors, the parenthesis does NOT belong in the denominator unless explicitly specified (eg. 6/( 2(1+2) ) in this case)

Oh look it's this fucking thread again