Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SScAjpS1zBY
ourstolenfuture.org/newscience/reproduction/2006/2006-1210travisonetal.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Meat is retardedly expensive too

im so fucking jealous of americans

>im so fucking jealous of americans
me three

Just ate a fuckton of veggies cauliflower, celery, eggplant, tomato, onion, garlic, ginger

yum

tell me how much a lb of chicken breast is in your state

>im jealous of lower quality hormone filled american food
Kys fatty

Vegetarian here, so don't know really. I think it's about $4-5

Are you a veggie man for dietary reasons or because youre a faggot?

really, I buy them for 99c

feels healthy man

>lower quality

kek

Our food is easily 2-3 more expensive, it's retarded.

两块

Only if you're a retard who buys precut steak. You can get cheap cuts for a buck a pound.

Grew up vegetarian, never really acquired the taste for meat la

ground beef, milk, vegetables, chicken breast etc is all retardedly expensive here dude.

Where do you shop

4 dollars

It's like USD 40 cents here for a big one

It's our dairy and shit like corn that's heavily subsidized. Good red meat still isn't cheap in comparison.

So go south and buy some hormone filled chicken and shut up. Or better yet realize that we live in a country that has winter for half the year. Obviously imported stuff is going to cost more. How dense are you?

I've seen the pics on /fit/ of your food prices

We don't even have the fucking dollar menu at mcdionalds and haven't for a long time

USD$1.50

No wonder we`re fat

>le hormone filled chicken meme

lol okay dude

It goes on sale for under $2 pretty frequently, I think last week it was $1.77.

If it's in season I can get 3 bags of 6 drumsticks for 4 dollars.

Also all leafy greens are less than 2 dollars.

I love being a farming state.

>facts are now memes

I live right on the border and you leafs always flock down here and buy all the milk at Costco. is it really that much cheaper?

Learn how to cock

Sweden
yes

>yes le glorious Canadian food is 4x as expensive because 4x as good! Glorious people's republic of Canada!

Okay dude

DELETE THIS

PLEASE

Do you think people drive to buy things just for fun?

Of course it's fuckinh cheaper man

Im happy to pay extra for better food. Not all of us are poor white trash

>cooking is SJW
This is some candadian tier autism

It isnt that much cheaper. Besides you gotta be one hell of a faggot to go through customs twice for the sake of 20 dollars

Here you go. Weekly ad from a Kroger.

There is literally nothing wrong with GMO foods if they go through good enough standards.
Only issues that arise from it are the legal copyright ones.

>he doesn't live next to the border so he can get fuel and groceries in the states

Even with the exchange rate it's much cheaper

He said Cock, not cook.

Read it again

>learn to cock
>cock

It's literally not better though

Our produce is much lower quality despite being expensive

>poor trash
That's a retarded way to justify getting fucked over on prices.

1 canadian dollar for a pound of meat? What the fuck mind of meat is that? It's cheaper than ours.

Everybody here buys milk and gas over the border, you just tell the customs guy you're on a milk run, they hear it 100 times a day and just wave you through.
Milk here is like $8 a gallon I think

KEK all right then

Gmos and growth hormones are two very different things bud.

iceberg lettuce is $2.50ea

There is nothing wrong with GMO foods, there is something wrong with hormone and antibiotic loaded foods, also America's meat grading standards are below those of Canada's, ours are more stringent and our cattle is grain and grass fed more often (which is superior) and yours are corn fed.

I bought a whole chicken for $5 the other day. Onions were 25 cents a pound, broccoli was 89 cents a pound, zucchini was 50 cents a pound, etc. etc. Isn't it like this in all civilized countries?

kek, my bad.

Well the American way of doing things is typically the more efficient way.
It's why you get less tasty chocolate, but much more of it. It makes people more profit the way it is, and saves consumers money.

What makes you think it's different here?

Also there's literally nothing wrong with hormone filled food.

It's literally free steroids with your meat. What's not to like?

I am in favor of trenbolone given to American cows

Because its illegal to use growth hormones here.

>$8 a gallon
holy shit

Prove it's a bad thing

Like he said, he's willing to pay a bit more for the better quality.
I do a lot of shopping in the states for better prices, even with the current exchange rate it often comes out cheaper, US also has much more variety and choices, but if I want some quality steaks or chopped meat I will pay extra for Canadian everytime.

It's not that much more anyway, today I bought .974kg if chopped meat for $10.71 CAD (2.1lbs for $8.20 USD)

$1.50 for celary hearts?

wew

Not anymore, especially with each Canadian dollar only worth 75 cents American. I was just in Seattle and everything was expensive. Or maybe it's just Seattle.

where do you shop faggot

Health Canada isnt good enough for you? Normally id be happy to do your research for you but im at work on my phone right now so googling shit is gonna be annoying. I would encourage you to look into though, its your health and wellbeing at stake not mine

See this

Dubs confirms, lb of chicken is $1.77

Seattle is pretty pricey. I live up in Bellingham and the cost difference is definitely noticeable

they got ride of ours now too. Now we have this mcpick two bullshit

Health canada is retarded

Have you seen the "food guide"? and that retarded food pyramid?

apparently you need to eat 3 loaves of bread if you eat some fish and eggs, it's retarded

You see though, I doubt that it's really that much better quality, otherwise some businessman would have tried to ship it, and sell it here as some fancy food.

My town only has one grocer, the Atlantic Superstore. We used to have a Sobeys but after flooding twice they closed it.
In the states I shop at IGA

(To give you an idea my town has about 5,000 people and one grocer and 1 gas station , the neighboring American town has 3,500 people and 3 grocers and 10 gas stations)

delete.

i dont want to live in canada anymore

>2/5 lays potato chips

>$2 for an entire smoke sausage

Who the fuck buys lettuce when Kale is sometimes even cheaper?

The food guide takes input for the dairy and grain industry so that stuff is just corporate propaganda. Hormone free food is obviously bad for business so that in and of itself gives it a basic level of legitimacy in terms of regulation. Really though we both know steroids are bad for you so why would they stop being bad if they're in your food?

That was a real fear (as was mad cow disease) so fresh, canned, and products containing meat, are banbed from trade across the border (one of a few things not protected by NAFTA)

Lettuce is not very filling, or good to eat by itself. Try other veggies.

>Really though we both know steroids are bad for you so why would they stop being bad if they're in your food?

I am skeptical of them being bad for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=SScAjpS1zBY

If you look at this
You see how regular chicken breast is $1.77 per lb while "organic" cost $5.99lb. I don't doubt antibiotic free is better for you, but that's steep jump in price.

A lot of our best food, especially greenhouse produce, is meant for export as a premium product. We export our stuff to asia and america mostly and then import shittier quality California produce

It's a scam.

How else can you sell shit for 3x as expensive better than labeling it "organic"?

I suppose that's understandable.
It isn't like we don't have grass fed beef here (Especially here in Iowa) though. It's just something that I never noticed a difference in taste in. So I assumed it was one of those stupid food buzzwords that people use such as Gluten free (Which should really only apply to people who can't have gluten)

grass fed tastes worse imo. all that corn makes the cows fatter, and replacing it with grass creates a leaner/drier cut of beef

Corn fed beef has like 400% more ecoli in it and is generally fattier than grass fed beef

Fat isn't bad for you if you know how to moderate it. Fattier beef has more flavor imo.

dietary fat is a crucial macronutrient

>Fat isn't bad for you if you know how to moderate it
>looks at flag

>I am skeptical of them being bad for you.
Taking hormone supplements without the supervision of a doctor is an astoundingly bad idea. Growth hormone additives in livestock aren't worse for the person eating the animal (except for milk; many additives get concentrated in milk) thank a lot of food anyways, and generally the levels that actually cause problems are prohibited in the 1st world. But the extra mess with the animal's overall health and make for weird health problems in the livestock.

But yeah, no. Unless you really know what you're doing, hormone supplements can cause or exaggerate all sorts of conditions, plus cancer and all the rest of it. Don't fuck with your goddamned hormones.

t. 2nd year resident

The taste isn't very different, grass fed is leaner (I eat a lot of game meat so this is what I'm used to and enjoy) but not so much leaner that you can't get great marbling. The difference is in nutrition, grass fed contains way more Omega 3 fats and CLA (an acid linked to healthy body weight maintenance) and a lot more micronutrients, carotenoids, and vitamins A & E.

Isn't that because we subsidize shitty factory farms, but not organic farmers?

We could have cheaper organic if we weren't sucking corporate cocks.. I doubt that will happen anytime soon now...

Will you be moving to the US once your residency or fellowship is done? We have no actual Canadian MD/DOs in my area, they all move to the states for the extra shekels (and no mandatory ER shifts for GPs) and we get Eastern Europeans who barely speak English.
We have 3 physicians in my town, Irena Kaminska, Lalik Jolanta, and Tilda Konforte-Vasiljevic, which you'll recognise as not fucking Canadian names.

That's what we'd THINK.

But the research does not seem to agree with you.

The fact of the matter is that testosterone is what makes a man, a man. And the fact of the matter is that men's testosterone today is a fraction of what it was in our grandparents time.

You being a medical resident does not mean you have an understanding of endocrinology , especially when it's such an under researched field and not even fully understood by endocrinologists of decades.

Besides. Only now are retards understanding that maybe HGH and testosterone replacement therapy provides massive health and quality of life benefits to people, particularly people with AIDS or the elderly.

not most efficient, cheapest way. Efficiency!= low quality quantity.

Spinach and kale actually have some nutrition, lettuce not so much.

most fats are actually good for you. Fat is unfairly villified.

ná-Ꭹ

>those ellipses

Is that a Trump reference? He's actually in the quality steak business and might be persuaded to subsidise organic beef. (Although that's stupid and the free market should dictate it)
America's corn subsidy is hardcore though, and is a big catalyst for the ridiculous overuse of HFCS in everything.

Not quite. You are right that testerone is down, but a fraction? Well it depends on the fraction, but testerone levels have not decreased that much.

Much of the drop is blamed on obesity, as fatties are low test.

>Fat is unfairly villified.
>inspects flag closely

Not him
Older men benefit sometimes from testosterone supplements, but it is not usually needed for young people, and has been linked to serious problems up to increased rates of certain cancers.

There is no credible evidence suggesting that testosterone levels in healthy men are naturally a fraction of previous generations.

try keto bro

eating hight fat food doesnt make one fat. The reason America is so fat, is because of low fat, high sugar food.

I like spicy memery as much as the next guy, but he's right. Natural animal fats aren't especially bad for you (or overly fattening) and, with the exception of cervids, it gives meat and stews alot of good flavour.

Either your going for the low fruit in banter, or you don't understand nutrition.

>usually

True, but low testosterone is a frequent problem in even in younger men that gets little to no attention. They're told "deal with it" or thought to be seeking steroids for athletic enhancement.

It's a sick and fucked up system that treats men awfully. Especially with how important to how testosterone is to men's longitivity and quality of life.

>increased risk of certain cancers

This is only true in those with either pre existing conditions or those with far above physiological levels.

There really isnt much evidence at all to suggest it has serious problems. And keep in mind low testosterone has equal or far worse health consequences for men, even beyond the feeling like shit part.

>tfw we get 0,5Kg of chicken breast for about 4 canadian dollarydoos

ourstolenfuture.org/newscience/reproduction/2006/2006-1210travisonetal.html

> """ In one of the largest study of its kind, Travison et al. report a population-wide decline in Massachusetts's men’s testosterone levels during the last 20 years that is not related to normal aging or to health and lifestyle factors known to influence testosterone levels.

>They found that testosterone concentrations dropped about 1.2% per year, or about 17% overall, from 1987 to 2004. The downward trend was seen in both the population and in individuals over time. """

What say ye, now?

1.2% per year!!!

The decline is consistent with other long-term trends in male reproductive health, including decreases in sperm quality and increases in testicular cancer, hypospadias and cryptorchidism.

The strongest association was observed in same-aged men from different sampling years. For example, a 65-year-old in 2002 had lower testosterone levels than a 65-year-old in 1987.

Lower concentrations of testosterone can increase a man’s risk for age-related diseases, depression and infertility.

But as long as you are a healthy make there is no reason you would need, or benefit from, additional testosterone.
If you're obese and producing extra estrogen (which is I think the root cause of your point), you don't need testosterone, you need to lose weight. While testosterone could help give you the extra energy to lose weight, it is nowhere near the best answer.

Yummy

so that fraction is 83/100, that isnt a small fraction, .83 is pretty close to 1. And that was one study done in Boston, could just be a Boston thing.

Id look at it along with obesity. In 1987 there werent as many obese, and morbidly obese people.