Holy shit this was hardy to watch, Leo rly got an oscar for this? I mean his performance was ok...

Holy shit this was hardy to watch, Leo rly got an oscar for this? I mean his performance was ok, but goddammit was it boring. Why does every oscar movie basically mean: you will be bored and disappointed, fuck me.

white people are the source of all evil: the film

I think you would much prefer the new avengers or xmen movie you fucking pleb, get off my board.

Did you post this just to make that pun?

can you please actually raise a legit point of cirticism? this is a movie discussion board and saying it was boring is something a 5 year old would complain about

but this flick was pro white. it really showed the savagery of the native.

nice b8 m8 id r8 8/8

I thought the bear rape scene was a bit weird

>why does every oscar movie have to be boring as fuck

Not enough quips senpai?

Who do you think they learned it from?

sure, the beginning was ok i'll give you that, then the bear rape happens which was pretty well done. Then it drags on for fucking ages and there's a lame fight in the snow... OSCAR. wtf. Hardy was one-dimensional as fuck, the kid was lame, the indian was weird, I was bored for the entire movie after the bear rape and didn't give a goddamn who won the fight

I think the bear looked great, but its movement seemed off. like it was a puppet on strings

This. It was a drama. What exactly were you expecting?

okay you're either baiting or in fact 6 years old. got it

I thought the bites looked off, his mouth barely touches leo, but the rest looked pretty good

adventure. drama. thriller

so duhr I guess I was expecting adventure and thriller too

>I share a board with these ppl

You wouldn't happen to come from Sup Forums, do you?

I love movies about white people conquering the land like no other.

It still amazes me how different White history is to any other.

Hardy was better than Leo in this. Leo was just his usual self with a bit of edge.

>Hardy was better than Leo
yeah well hardy is one of the best actors we have right now. leo is good but profited a lot from the movies he was in

nope, but you just admitted you did, you know that right?

it was like was hardy channeling oldbad-jeffbridges

It was grossly produced. I appreciate the serenity in a lot of the scenes. It was visually aesthetic. But overall I thought it was hard to follow and just too mediocre.

I'm not sure why Leo finally got his Oscar with this. He acted a lot better in his other movies.

All that fucking annoying tracking shots

they were that way before white people ever got there

>Sup Forums boogeyman

this is why Sup Forums is shit now, just a bunch of tumblr retards complaining about a board when its not relevant to the thread

The Revenant is simply the representation of the artistic bankruptcy plaguing the contemporary film industry.

Like Birdman, Iñárritu's last endeavor in hackery, this latest attempt is to convince the masses that what they are viewing is something deep or meaningful, when all it has done is push forward shallow technicality and exaggeration to make the frame pulsate with vulgar loudness. Characters are mere veneers, the cinematography is pretty but so conspicuous as to be rendered aggravating and the thesis is about as overdone as DiCaprio's acting. The camera feels like it has been waiting all day for a climactic shot and the film's deliberately difficult production history is laid bare in the indulgent cinematography.

Thematic complexity and philosophical subtext take a back seat to what amounts to as basically an action movie with action stars wrapped up in the veil of arthouse. And much like Salome, what lies beneath is ultimately puerile, obscene and holding fascination only for adolescents.

Iñárritu is guilty of something far greater than simply making a bad movie. He is guilty for the crime of gestating his pretense and self-importance, forcing many others to labor over it in a misguided attempt to create art and daring to call the afterbirth a film. Perhaps instead of taking his cast and crew to the ends of the Earth in search of a better shot, the Mexican counterfeit filmmaker should have taken his juvenile and crass sensibilities to the seedy San Fernando valley. There he could have at least made a profit of filming all the money shots he wanted.

>hard to follow
what? how?

My favorite movie is 2001 a Space Odyssey, I like slow movies but this one was boring as fuck.

good points

it was definitely a charity oscar, deserved for his previous work nonetheless tho

pretentious as fuck but basically correct

because it's slow, tedious and boring, not because it's complicated

Just asking because Sup Forums has extremely "low energy" when it comes to artistic merit.

Its boring because there are no interesting characters to drive the nonexistent plot and keep the viewer interested. Stories are good because of good characters and conflicts.
>I love my family
>you killed my family!
>I will kill you!
There is nothing interesting about this, maybe if it was a short but even then its dull. Let alone enough to carry a full movie. I dont care about his family, I dont care about him, I dont care about the fucking pelts, I dont care, sympathize, or find any of the characters interesting and there's nothing to the plot other than giving context to setpieces that I still dont give a shit about. All I know about the main character is he loved his family and is a knowledgeable survivalist who is respected in his military position. I'm not emotionally invested in his struggle and the final fight between him and pelt man holds no weight despite the entire thing being very well made and having nice visuals.

This. The movie looks absolutely STUNNING though, & that's how I'm able to tolerate it.

I didn't know Tom Hardy had blue eyes

This movie is at least an 8 on the Reddit scale. Terrible movie that only promotes cultural marxism.