Go

Go

This could be interesting.

Doing one for pic-related.

I dont """"get"""" it

Ok so what you do is you take any artists discography and place them where they would fall on the map

Example: David Bowie's 'Station to Station'.

The album was fantastic but David Bowie was high on cocaine and delusional at the time so he didn't know what he was doing or where he was going with it.

So it would fall somewhere in the bottom corner.

example

>Royal Trux
>TGM
>bad

End yourself already

Top left: Most Jay Z albums, Beyoncé, Top 40, etc.

Bottom left: Liturgy, Dead, Cory Feldman, amateur music makers, etc.

Top right: acclaimed stuff from Beatles, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Radiohead, good prog rock records in general, etc.

Bottom right: Beefheart on Trout Mask Replica, The Velvet Underground & Nico, earlier Morbid Angel albums, lots of punk, experimental post-punk, metal demos, etc.

>artist had no idea what they were doing
>Beefheart on Trout Mask Replica
uhm, no?

>Bottom left: Liturgy
How dare you, how dare you

liturgy is actually really bad dude

>b-but every note was planned
Maybe so, but what was planned for the record goes counter to what it is loved and remembered for. They made a masterpiece, though one that is unintentional. Listen to their other records that did a similar thing from that time (Mirror Man, Decals) for a better comparison.

HHH's lack of knowledge and understanding on what makes minimalism, noise rock, black metal, and electronic music work is baffling.

>Top left: Most Jay Z albums, Beyonce, Top 40,
>tfw you like Jay Z and top 40

leave

Top right: MBDTF
Bottom right: The Life of Pablo

>Listen to their other records that did a similar thing from that time (Mirror Man, Decals) for a better comparison.
well, Zappa didn't produce these

So? Mirror Man and TMR had shit tier production, so Beefheart himself did the engineering for Decals so he could have an end product he himself is satisfied with. It's also why Decals is his favorite record in his entire discography.

>Mirror Man and TMR had shit tier production
I disagree
also I still don't get what the unplanned parts about it are, that you seem to like so much

bottom right: metallica up until Justice

ur dumb af

thanks, but what for?

u ain't even seen my big black dick yet. we out here turnin all ya girls into baby mamas. vibing to that good shit evry day in the trap thom yorke a real nigga, word

i think GWS is peak "no clue what we are doing"

agreed, pure guava they seem to have a bit more forethought in the material they put out

The albums aren't really put in any order, I just put four albums that I thought represented each group. Also I gotta say I like both Nashville Skyline and his debut but they're not his most shining moments.

Same sorta thing but for The Beach Boys.

The vocals were recorded over a recording of everything else. That not only makes the vocals seem overpowering like the meme Fantano review that's been going around, it muddles up the instrumentals themselves. Beefy had no clue anything like this would happen, and thus took over production duties starting on Decals. Decals' clearer production got more out of each instrument, so when it does start doing the crazier TMR style playing in its latter half the stuff really hits you hard because it really does feel like every part of the music is attacking you at once. BUT, TMR has two things that kinda worked for it (unintentionally.) The sheer unexpected novelty value it got out of what seem to be mostly inside jokes. And the fact that the unexpectedly flawed production puts the instrumentals low enough in the mix that when taking the stereo effects of the record into account, the instruments feel like the background of a setting and Beefheart's voice is guiding you through the setting, but Beefheart himself seems to be from this crazy setting due to his delivery style.

sorry for late reply
cool that you analyzed it so deeply, I never thought about it much, but that actually makes alot of sense. I have to give both a relisten so I can compare it better. And yeah you are right about the inside jokes now that I think about it, probably they weren't meant to come across like that.

and thats a huge chunk of what i love about GWS desu

I agree on TGM and Faust

bottom left: Gristleism

>Woops, my collection of Swans album I was holding fell all over this chart!

here

>throbbing gristle
>music

>:(

Put NOTIR on the line and way farther in the good area.

easy one

Yeah that def gives a lot of charm to shit like Weasel and You Fucked Up, and makes Birthday Boy even better

no 1 carez about m&m

Lou Reed knew what he was doing.

St Anger would fit in the bottom left.

just based on what we know about the recording process of each album

I do

hahaha

>load and reload were bad
gtfo faggot

they are