Is english a hard language to learn?

Is english a hard language to learn?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KNDRb9_sZ9E
youtu.be/H3ZJuCbklqg
simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nyet

Depends on the persons mother tongue. A German or Spanish person would have an easier time than a Frence or Chinese person.

Ultimately though it's not hard to learn, it's hard to get right. we have so many rules and similar words for everything it's easy to get confused.

supposedly it's one of the hardest in the world

不是,英文是简单。

Easy as fuck

>Spanish easy
>French pretty hard

Pick one, french and spanish have a lot in common.

English can he learned through tough thorough thought though

English is obsolete
Learn ancient greek

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Ugh...

Easy as fuck. I learned the basics when I was like, 2. Fucking retarded Chinamen.

It depends on where you're from
I'm Dutch so it was pretty easy for me
The great thing about the english language is that it is a bastardization of a bunch of different european languages, which makes it easy to learn for almost anyone who speaks a european language
That's why is it's such a great lingua franca

no.

its simple as fuck, thats why its "world language"

Easy to learn the basics. Hard to master.

You should try italian then
There's difererences between pèsca and pésca

Their both Romantic languages.

The reason English is so hard to learn as a second language is because English isn't just a Germanic language. It has elements of Latin, Nordic languages and even French. All the exceptions make it hard.

Only she only told him that only she loved only him only.

Ebonics.

Nope, the hardest is Mandarin Chinese and the second is guarani from my country paraguay, shit is fun to speak but hard as fuck to do it. It's one official lenguaje of my country and even I can't speak it right

Too much

The biggest difference is that Spanish has really strict syntax. French is a bit looser, and English has one of the loosest of any language. That top post wouldn't work in Spanish, there would be maybe two or three ways to add another word to a sentence of any length.

or thats the reason why its easy.

That makes it sound easier to me. Less combinations sounds easier than more

Easiest language in the world.. I'm a towelhead Muslim sand nigger and it took me less than 2 years to become verbally indistinguishable from native speakers

Touche.

Yes so much this, as an Spanish speaker I can tell there's a lot of rules and conjugation that its just a pain in the ass, that's why I love English because it's so simple

What is this picture trying to get across? That where you put only changes the meaning of the sentence??

thats retarded

Apparently it's the hardest since no one in the US fucking speaks it anymore.

guys serious question here, i'm french and one day at school we had an american come in our english class

and when i said "mother tongue language" every one laughed and said that it was wrong and that you should say "native language"

is it true?

This. Thatsbwhat probably makes it a "world language" or whatever. Because for most people regardless of what your native language is, learning english there will be certain things your recognize.

nah

You're missing the point of the OP. Where you add the word "only" does not matter for syntax, but it changes the overall meaning of the phrase to some degree. This shows the simple/complex conundrum of the English language.

"Mother tongue language" is just an old term. Native language just sounds more current.

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=KNDRb9_sZ9E

This.
>Only she told him that she loved him.
Compared to
>She told only him that she loved him
These sentences have two very different meanings

Hardest language to learn if you aren't a native speaker.

so it confirms that americans students dont even know their own language

I tought it was just an english expression and that american didnt used it

sonlyhonlyeonlyonly onlyhonlyionlymonly onlytonlyhonlyhonlyaonlytonly onlysonlyhonlyeonly onlylonlyoonlyvonlyeonlydonly onlyhonlyionlymonly
did i do it right?

That's ok. English has

red read read
led lead lead
whether weather
there they're their
to too two

The experiences he had had had had no lasting effects.

In all seriousness though, most of the people I've met over the years who have learned English as a second (or even third) language have a better grasp of it than some of the retarded fucks who live here in England.

youtu.be/H3ZJuCbklqg

This covers pretty much all the origins of English.

I think one of the hardest language to learn might be polish actually

really, onlychan?

fuck i meonlyssed up

*slightly

we say 'first language' or 'native language,' but mother tongue is fine... definitely not 'wrong'

try and you will see

difficult*
and for some people, yes indeed

no. The times gonna give u a hard time

Yes. Like playing guitar. You may think you are fluent... and you might be wrong.

>English is easy
James, while John had had "had", had had "had had"; "had had" had had a better effect on the teacher

But would someone who isnt a native speaker of the language notice these subtleties? Or would they all just come off as the same sentence?

That had guy sounds like a moron

And then there's American English

"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo" is a grammatically correct sentence.

im not a native english speaker and I notice them, maybe not all of them tho

The fact that english is such a simple lax language is why shit like this is allowed to happen.

french one : ton tonton tond ton tonton mais ton ton tonton tondra ton tonton quand ton tonton sera tondu

what this mean

>Only she told him that she loved him.
>She only told him that she loved him.
>She told only him that she loved him.
>She told him only that she loved him.
>She told him that only she loved him.
>She told him that she only loved him.
>She told him that she loved only him.
>She told him that she loved him only.

does it explain american obesity?

>being this new

All of these sentences give me feels

She told him that she loved him

Only she told him that she loved him

She only told him that she loved him

She told only him that she loved him

She told him only that she loved him

She told him that only she loved him

She told him that she only loved him

She told him that she loved only him

She told him that she loved him only

I've always wondered if other languages can do word play like this. I remember hearing that tones of voice can completely change the definition of a sentence in some languages, and thinking this was amazing, back when I was a kid. Until I realized that this is true of English as well. Snark and sarcasm being prime examples.

It's interesting how the above sentence changes with the position of "only" so significantly

"Mother tongue" is a phrase, but definitely not "mother tongue language"

simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

>itt a bunch of foreigners talk about how English is such an easy language despite the fact that when they speak it they most likely sound retarded

"Will you lead us there?"
"He lead us here"
"This pipe is made of lead"

Pretty much this. This is why English is the best language.

Well, "Mother tongue" is proper. "native language" is also proper. "Mother tongue language" is not proper, and that might be why they laughed at you.

>It's interesting how the above sentence changes with the position of "only" so significantly
*slightly
the last three have the same meaning. second and third have the same meaning. first and fifth have a similar meaning until context plays into it. all of them are similar to each other in their meaning.

Well they probably laughed because "mother tongue language" is redundant

what app is that?

>being this non native english speaker

nah some versions are mean as fuck and some are super romantic, it changes the meaning completely.

as a native english speaker, this language seems like it would be absolute HELL to learn. so many exceptions to fucking everything

Kek

no, the meaning is always that she loves him.

underrated

YES.

I'll explain why: it all depends on the level you want to get. People who say English is easy don't generally work more to get better English than their Russian.

English's difficulties are these:

>vocabulary must be learned by heart when it comes to spelling, unlike plenty of other languages, since letters in English can mean a whole bunch of different sounds

>the use of auxiliaries to make negative with most verbs, apart from to be and modal verbs; this is pretty unique in languages

>English has a fucking enormous vocabulary, expanding far further than most languages

Then again, the difficulty of a language is directly related to the language you already know. Russian won't be hard to a Polish man.

Etc.

Just depends on what a slight change means to him. He probably views it as thay the basic idea of each sentence is she loves him. But you could also look at them such that, for example, she is the only person who loves him, or he is the only person she loves.

You're retarded.

learning the vocabulary isn't that hard compared to grammar. you usually learn the vocabulary just by speaking and writing after you've learned the bunch you need to know to start. as a german learning the grammar wasn't that hard despite the very common mistake to place the time in the wrong place.
>inb4 my english is shit
yes, absolutely. i stopped caring and speaking it so i forgot most of it.
no u. the only difference between the sentences is the context. the meaning is the same besides that it has a little more detail than before.