>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed) (embed)

Stale bread

Other urls found in this thread:

reverb.com/news/new-cites-regulations-for-all-rosewood-species
youtube.com/watch?v=6ztjk8fk_FI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rip rosewood

nobody will miss you, you ugly cunt

reverb.com/news/new-cites-regulations-for-all-rosewood-species
>tfw no more rosewood fretboard guitars from China
>no more from Korea
>no more from Mexico
>NO MORE FROM JAPAN

pedal general when?

>no more rosewood fretboard guitars
The future's bright, boys

pedal general now
post your favorite pedals

>Gibson starts using Richlite for their standard series
>Fender starts using a more maple, maybe even Pau Ferro
>more ebony almost everywhere

Y E S

Post /starter pedals/core

>more ebony almost everywhere
Haha don't count on it

oh we /starter pedals/ now

How does the fretboard change the sound if the vibrating string doesn't come into contact with it?

>>more ebony almost everywhere
not gonna happen

Actually yeah, probably not

maybe they will use Black Limba(aka Korina) for fretboards now too

it comes into indirect contact with it

on electrics? it doesn't change the sound because nothing wood-wise does really

on acoustics? it probably still doesn't make a big difference

Never tried tube scream, is it worth its meme status?

>aesthetical option that barely matters becomes more scarce
>people go apeshit over it

for a lot of people it's a standard pedal, but i've always preferred an OCD over any of the tube screamers ive heard

>when you pluck a string
>the neck and fretboard don't vibrate
lol

>indirect contact

what did he mean by this?

That the fretboard touches the fret/nut, which in turn touches the string? seems silly and inconsequential

Welcome to /gg/

Never tried that either, I use OD or fuzz, but not much distortion

If you think the neck of the guitar sympathetically vibrating is going to affect anything, let alone be picked up by the pickups, i strongly urge you to kill yourself

yeah that's what I was getting at, it is inconsequential though, tonewise it does nothing and rosewood was used because of cost

well, that and maple/ebony are harder to work with

How do I not make the pentatonic scale sound like shit?

>he thinks the amount of vibration is enough to have any influence back through the strings and into the pickup or even funnier, through the frets into the fretboard into the neck into the body into the bridge into the strings and into the pickups

literally l-ing mao at your life

this, anyone who says the fretboard material is anything more than a look/feel thing is retarded

I sounds great but I'm thinking of getting a Super Distortion for the Maiden/Motörhead tones. But only after getting an MXR distortion and EQ

use a metronome and solo over a progression

add the blues notes

mind where in the chord progression you play each interval

if you want to do literally anything but play that type of stuff i'd recommend going with Duncans over Dimarzios any day

Phaser and fuzz and just the right amount of echo/delay

>disguising your ignorance/lack of ability behind gimmicks

I'll take what are guitar pedals for $100? Please Jeremy

>how the neck does (or does not) vibrate has no affect on a guitars sound
lol this is precious

yeah why even play an electric, it disguises mistakes so easily

just play acoustic, or even just nylon classicals, heh yeah! im totally not a fucking idiot

Why? Dave Murray uses Hot Rails now and sounds great, but in the 80's he and Eddie Clarke used Super Distortions, and I love how they sounds.

Please take a physics class

dimarzios sound terrible clean, every time i've heard or used a guitar with any dimarzio it sounded tinny compared the Duncan equipped guitars I have

So I've been playing for about 4 months now and I think finally able to start to play songs. What songs would you recommend for someone who finally learned Enter Sandman

Anything by Nirvana

M A S T O D O N

If user can't make a pentatonic sound good clean, no amount pedals will help. But of course, upon asking what, where and how to play to sound good, user gets the proverbial "try it out with X piece of gear" response, which is this general in a nutshell: always more concerned about gear than actual music.

>pluck a string
>string vibrates
>neck/fretboard wood interacts with this vibration (it's called a fulcrum, pivot point or support on which a lever turns in raising or moving ... btw)
so a strings vibrations don't have anything to do with an electric guitars tone?

the pivot point is the actual fret you ass, not the fretboard

Master of Puppets

do humbuckers sound worse in a strat because its made out of alder/ash instead of mahogany?

i think i am starting to come around to the strat body contours, but love the sound of duncans in mahogany. i am wondering if i can bridge the gap.

US sellers on reverb
>The scarf joint at the headstock snapped at one point, and the paint on the body have completely chipped off. These are completely cosmetic so I'm only knocking off 10% off of what I bought it for.
>Guitar arrives smelling like cigarettes with some damage not mentioned in the listing

Japanese sellers on reverb
>There's a hairline scratch on the back anf I lost the tags so it's 50% off.
>Guitar arrives in perfect condition and the seller slips in a handwritten thank you note and some green tea kit kats.

lol no

wood doesnt matter in electrics

>the pivot point is the actual fret you ass, not the fretboard
nope the pivot point would be the neck joint. I noticed you found a way to avoid answering the question though

>wood doesnt matter in electrics
this is wrong

I have a tone-lok TS, is it the same deal?
OD and fuzz will give you all the dirty tones you need, unless you're playing metal or some shit like that, if that's the case you just need distortion

>green tea kit kats
>not hokkaido melon and mascarpone

fucking nips

Noise rock/pop punk/sorta hardcore

Listen to PUP and then imagine it a little heavier, nailed my tone perfectly

Any sympathetic vibrations felt by the neck will be dampened by the weight of the wood and the fact that you're touching the neck. Any residual sympathetic vibrations will have no effect on the vibrating string, and thus, no effect on the tone.

honestly the inlay shape makes a difference in the tone more than fretboard wood type

uh no

git gud

>unless you're playing metal or some shit like That, if that's the case you just need distortion
boost + high gain amp sounds better in most cases than a straight up distortion pedal, and will be more versatile.
The only case where I would not consider that is against a Boss HM-2, since it sounds really wild.

If /gg/ is the only reason you even bother with Sup Forums anymore gimme an aayyyyyyyyy

While the OCD is definitely better, the Tubescreamer has never really been a meme. It has to be bullshit to be a meme, it's totally got it's uses, especially for throwing in front of higher gain amps.

nah, I just go on slower boards and sometimes shitpost on Sup Forums
but ironically

No

The amount of material matters far more than the actual material. Hardtail into a solid chunk of fucking wood versus a few contact points on a trem to a plank.

Who the fuck is Jeremy?

yeah i was talking hardtail in all cases

You're being silly Jeremy

I mean it's the only reason I come to Sup Forums
The rest of this board is trash

Should I buy a hardcase? Hardcase general when?

Can anyone recommend me some good budget guitar amplifiers that have good distortion channels for under 200 bucks? I've tried some out and listened to demos and they all do clean fairly well, but the distortion sounds like shit.

Blackstar

I love more mellow backing tracks and can play around using A minor and C major scales. I can the pentatonics too but when it comes to more rock stuff I just can't play it.

I don't know if it's something wrong in my playing or I just don't enjoy noodling too much.

Yeah though it's starting to become the same things over and over again like other boards.

what guitar?

Forgot to post the backing track
youtube.com/watch?v=6ztjk8fk_FI

wrong. even with your hand on the neck the neck is still vibrating. anybody can test this right now for themselves
>vibrating neck=affect on string vibration=affect on the guitars tone

yep. blackstar

Fender Telecaster custom

Just bend the neck

>mfw bandmate has an ocd and tubescreamer on his pedalboard and he gives me shit for ordering a phaser

>his guitar didn't come with a fitted hard-case

Got a Blackstar, I cant play on OD channel past volume one, it blows up my flat

I run a bunch of OD pedals through my OD channel with the volume at 12. what's your excuse?

do it

I don't want to get kicked out my flat???

Ehhhh, I know I should but at the same time ehhhhhhh

He's not using a 1w amp

But not enough to feedback into the strings, or else your guitar is now a perpetual motion machine

Do you take your guitar anywhere?

Not quite. I'm a physics major though so I can enlighten you.

Different densities in wood affect how much string vibration energy is lost when you pluck a string. A higher density wood will reject the string energy transfer into the body/neck (this is called internal stress) and thus the string will vibrate longer. With that being said keep in mind two pieces of wood from the same tree would probably sound different due to slight differences in density. It would be very hard to attribute a sound to a certain species of wood.

Also keep in mind a higher density neck will resist the physical pull of the strings and thus stay in tune better. This can also be achieved with multi-piece lamination's which is common on 8 string necks for example.

When a manufacturer uses the misleading term "tone wood" they're really referencing a word that a luthier would use to describe a piece of wood that rings out a specific note when tapped. A piece of wood like this would usually be used for an acoustic rather than an electric guitar though.

Is the wood that your electric guitar is made of as important as your amp, pickups, etc.? Obviously not, but the idea that the wood used in an electric guitar has no effect on it's overall sound is wrong.

Open mic, hoping to start a band and go gigging this year

why did you even ask. holy moley

I'll buy one, what one should I get?

You make some great points, and I've got some questions for you. Since this discussion was focused around fretboards, what's the difference in density between maple and fretboard, and how does that change the overall density of the neck?

>physics major
>first semester student throwing his pretend clout around

Then yes, absolutely do it. That's a $1500 guitar you're lugging around in a piece of fabric

>guitarist being able to find a rhythm section to start a band

kek good luck with that

Name ONE (1) guitar that isn't a meme guitar

Protip: you can't

Closer to $500 according to ebay but yeah, I'll buy a case

Anything Squier

Oh, it's MiM, still though.

Yeah yeah, It's a lovely guitar, and I don't want to get it broken and all