This happens to all my non-stick cookware. Is there an alternative?

This happens to all my non-stick cookware. Is there an alternative?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v3F4c5o4J7M
youtube.com/watch?v=3LWYXJvU7yM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cast or forged iron

Get a large ceramic non stick frying pan which is both scratch proof, and also oven proof, to make sure the handle will not melt when on a gas stove.

stop using cutlery on your cookware you fucking moron. that's what wooden spoons are for.

Use a cast iron skillet. You're getting your pan too hot and the non stick burns off.

use rubber, silicon, or wood on non stick pans. avoid scratching the shit out of them. also, dont use with like forks n knifes, stuff like that. over time the non stick does come off BTW. but that pan looks like it got abused by someone that was using a metal fork or something to scrape the bottom of it while they cook.

learning to toss the food in the pan can help alot, also using enough oil , and the right temperature can help stuff not stick aswell.

also the heavier the bottom of the pan the better. doesnt scorch food

Throw that away. You're rubbing off the Teflon too hard during washes or you're cooking with way too high head for way too cold things.

Everything will stick to that unless you spend an entire day every 4-6 months to re-season it.

Just get another teflon pan and dont burn the fuck out of it. Or clean with with a fucking wire wheel grinder.

>every 4-6 months

you can season a cast iron pan once and it's good for a lifetime if you take care of it

Put a shotgun in your mouth at a 15 degree angle and pull the trigger. You should instantly destroy the brainstem. Godspeed OP, see you on the other side.

Non-stick cookware is disposable, regardless of whether it's cheap or expensive. None of it's going to last more than a couple years.

Do most of your cooking on cast iron or stainless steel. A medium size non-stick frying pan is handy to have though, just buy a cheap one and replace it when the coating wears off.

You're taking to someone on Sup Forums that posted a picture of that monstrosity. Do you honestly think he's going to take care of it? He can't even take care of a teflon coated frying pan.

Use some common sense bro.

I don't want to be an argumentative guy, I just woke up. But,

This guy is right. If it's properly taken care of, you can almost season a cast iron for decades and not have to stress it.. Unless you were giving the 4-6 month timeline out specifically for OP, solely based on the knowledge he has no fucking clue what he's doing and loves to ruin pans.

Either way, honestly didn't want to be confrontational.

What about that stone-ware stuff they advertise on TV. Is it crap?

this

once u make a litle scrap with a fork or something, its a matter of few weeks until the teflon is all gone.

Are ceramic pans more resiastant?

I had this problem too. Buy a porcelain nonstick. A lot of nonsticks are just steel covered with a spray, but porcelain is naturally nonstick.

Also, in case you don't know, don't use metal implements with a nonstick – they'll scratch and ultimately mess up the pan.

see.

i wonder how harmful is eating teflon, because we of course en up eating part of it

you clearly overheat the pan
If I were you id use a carbon steel pan you season yourself, overheating wont ruin it.
Use variety of pans and pots so you dont overuse the pan when it might not be the best way to cook a dish.

STOP USING METAL UTENSILS ON NON-STICK PANS

by taking care of it i meant washing it after you use it and such

a good season can take metal scrubs and be perfectly fine

i still have my moms pan from 20 years ago, only seasoned once and works beautifuly

No cancer risks just cardiovascular stuff

this

then what use

any recommended brand/s'

Are you fucking kidding me? It's a massive carcinogen, you're gonna get cancer.

You're fucking stupid, get a plastic spatula and a wooden spoon.

Yeah cuz plastic doesn't melt and wood doesn't burn

Retard, stop using metal on Teflon. Ceramic is great if you read how to take care of it, ie. no unrefined oils like extra virgin olive oil, no high heat and obviously no metal on it.

how about heart? does it really burns out teflon?
if so, thats retarded you cant cook on high heat

This might be a dumb question, but I just moved into a house with a gas stove and I have never had a gas stove before. The handles on all my pots and pans get hot as fuck when I'm cooking, is that suppose to happen or is there something I can do to prevent that? I've only ever used electric stove tops and the handles never got hot like they do with the gas stove.

he meant to avoid scratching the pan
See

heart=heat

If your pan is hot enough to deflagrate plastic or wood upon contact you're doing it wrong...or your house is on fire.

use less abrasive spatula's/etc. like wood or plastic

...you're full retard aren't you?
first of all you never leave spatulas or implements in the pan while cooking, you use them to move the food when needed.
Second, no, the spatulas wont melt unless you're retarded and leave it sitting there for and hour and the wood will never burn unless you're using way too high of a heat that the pan/pot and the food is fucked all to hell.

1) you cant use metal with non stick
2) the coating on non stick pans is poisonous if it flakes off.... good job user
3) if 2 didnt make it clear, throw that pan out
4) buy stainless steel and propperly use it, or get cast iron.
5) look up how to use those, cause if you dont use the SS right it will get burnt on food, if you use soap on cast iron you will ruin it and have to re season it
6) lurk /ck/ more
over 9000) stop being an idiot and use google.

teflon does burn, but its gonna be at higher temps than your cooking at.

just dont turn a burner on max and have a pan with nothing in it sitting there (whythefuckwouldyoudothis)

1 - use a wood spoon/fork.
2 - you got a cheap brand or bought a copy of a good brand.
3 - you wash it like me.

Buy a cast iron pan and never have to worry about it again. Get a decent one, season it, you'll have it till you die.
And they don't cost that much more than the shit pans.

How do you season them and are the more/less expensive than teflon ones?

You're not supposed to use high heat for any nonstick cookware to begin with, nor do you need to. Medium is in fact hot enough to cook just about everything. Too hot and the pan heats up unevenly and causes warpage as the metal expands unevenly, causing cracks in teflon and ceramic, and can in fact chemically affect the coatings and cause degradation & fume release for teflon (which is poisonous) and ruin the molecular configuration of ceramic making everything stick in the pores of the surface, ruining it. Only stainless steel and cast iron can handle high heat and it should only ever be needed for flash/ stir frying. Everything else can be cooked with medium heat.

This might be relevant to you if you're using too high of a temp. however it's normal for the handles to heat up even if they're plastic or rubber.

Clean well, rub heavily with veg oil, cook the pan in the oven for like an hour. It's seasoned. do that like once or twice a year.

They don't cost that much, depends on size. Like 20 bucks for smaller one. Get a good one, not some cheap chinese one.

put about 1" of oil in the pan, then put it on med-high heat. Once it starts to shimmer on the surface add 1/2 cup of water to dilute the oil. This will allow the oil to leach into the pan to season it. Let it simmer for about 30 min.

i season my cast iron pans after every use they have been in my family for 80 years and they look brand new still

buy better non-stick cookware
and/or
stop using metal utensils on the pan. plastic or wood only.

Do not do this.

This is the only way. Did mine 2 years ago and it's still perfect

interdasting. Ty user
That sucks tho, I use high heat a lot to speed up cooking

agreed

I used grape seed oil, worked great

You're scrap get off the Teflon, which ends up in your food. Enjoy your cancer.

>1"
one liter?

cast iron, stop eating Teflon or enjoy that cancer

lasts a while but not as long as I would have hoped

depends on the pan size, you want to have 1 inch or 3cm of oil in the pan.

water in hot oil.. great idea

thanks user, but isnt that gonna rek me? See

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND GOOGLE?

rub oil on it. put it upside down in the oven at 450 for like an hour or some shit

take it out and rub it all over your retarded face

Kek

Of course it will.
Do what I told ye. Rub inside and out with veg oil, set oven to tree fiddy, heat the pan for one hour.

great post, thanks for joining 4chin today

This.

......holy shit

enjoy cancer. i don't even use that shit if it has a scratch on it

NEVER use metal ustensils on no-stick pans.
Enjoy your cancer

you ate all of that teflon/cancer, lol

They cost about $30 where I am. To season you clean with warm water (No Soap) dry it, then rub in a refined oil like canola or vegetable oil (not extra virgin olive oil I believe) and put it upside down in an oven to bake for ~30 minutes to an hour.

use wooden spoons.

you shouldn't be using metal utensils on pots and pans. not only is it bad for your pots and pans it can burn you.

Yeah stop eating fluorinated chemcial coatings you're investing in cancer

kek

DONT DO THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=v3F4c5o4J7M

youtube.com/watch?v=3LWYXJvU7yM

>shimmer
MAKE SURE IT SHIMMERS AND SHINES LIKE A DIAMOND BEFORE DOING ANY OF THE NEXT STEPS

this makes mustard gas. ples be karefull

fuck off whiteknights.... if op is dumb enough to do this, he deserves it

daily reminder that this is what Sup Forums has become

Im not OP

At 1st I thought he was real

are you 12?