Is there even any good, or at least watchable fantasy movie besides Lord of the Rings?

Is there even any good, or at least watchable fantasy movie besides Lord of the Rings?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8G4AxKJ6Udk
youtube.com/watch?v=QZEnjwUqc4M&feature=youtu.be&t=32s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Excalibur

Star wars is fantasy

Lord of the Rings is pretty good

WarCraft

Conan

the only truly great fantasy movies are the ones based on the original fantasy texts

Pan's Labyrinth

The Neverending Story

Yes, all three of them

My favorite from my teens was beast master and Sword and the Sorcerer

excellent choices...

Clash of the Titans, Willow, The Princess Bride.

Most of them were made in the 80's. Dragon Slayer, Legend, Ladyhawke, and The Neverending Story are some. ymmv

You should know what is good in life. To Crush your enemies. To see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.

Your highness, I'm not even trolling

Dragonslayer has always been one of my favorites.

That and Excalibur. Check out Excalibur. It's John Boorman.

kingdom of heaven

yfw if you bought outerra and get an omni treadmill you could literally walk from the shire to mordor in your own bedroom

youtube.com/watch?v=8G4AxKJ6Udk
youtube.com/watch?v=QZEnjwUqc4M&feature=youtu.be&t=32s

Dragon Heart

>He doesn't know about Conan and Excalibur

the conan cartoon was based

This. Conan is fuckin great.

Beastmaster

It's an 80's that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Also, Krull

oh shit, i remember this. it was fucking good.

Dragonheart is comfy.

Is the theme music still used at the Oscars or was it just a few times?

I thought this was about medieval fantasy.

Merlin, the tv movie with Sam Neill

>I may be the only poster on Sup Forums who knows what OP's image is from :spoiler: and liked it. :spoiler:

It was a decent joint. The problem with "those" joints is they make the lead or leads uncharismatic wet noodle nobodies and then put in various well known actors to take away any chance for them to make an impression just for good measure. But honestly if the lead was better I would want a sequel. The seventh son of a seventh son premise is a retarded McGuffin to get people to come see it but the unique way the magic stuff was handled and the apprentice stuff was cool.

isn't it seventh son?

>:spoiler:

You're a pretty well animated guy.

oh i know john boorman well

the oddysey with that italian looking guy who always plays mobsters

Well I wouldn't normally just go and recommend "Zardoz", even though Connery is awesome in it.

One of those you have do discover on your own...

Are you familiar with the first Disney capekino?

no, but i have seen pic related with alan arkin and christopher lee

lol

Game of Thrones, with the exception of Dragonslayer's use of Latin, could almost be part of the same world.

Dragonslayer and Ladyhawke are terrible. They're both so unimaginative and generic, and the musical score for Ladyhawke is an abomination

Legend and Neverending Story are great though, especially Legend.

dude this looks so good

Conan's the best standalone fantasy movie.

Man if only that theme tune didn't have vocals.

The Narnia movies are okay, I guess?

No. Any other questions?

one of my favorite movies senpai

Stardust is pretty good. Not really talked about, but good.

>Dragonslayer
>unimaginitive, generic

Seriously? The protagonist learns he isn't the hero at all and everything he has done was for the worse?

Also, how has nobody mentioned Krull yet?

>Willow

Just one mention of this?

Buncha slack jawed faggots round here.

Picrelated was pretty comfy.

>Willow

It's basically a warning what will Lucas do if unreined.

Used to love that movie as a kid. I'm afraid to rewatch it and stop liking it.

Neverending Story
Conan
The first Pirates of the Caribbean
The Mummy
I also liked that CGI Beowulf movie but the visuals have probably aged like shit

Krull is so good. Pic related is when I realized I was watching one of the best fantasy movies ever. Fucking exhilarating.

>Seriously? The protagonist learns he isn't the hero at all and everything he has done was for the worse?
While that is an interesting twist, the entire movie is just devoid of fun and whimsy.. It is, in a word, dull. Most of the running time focuses on character development, except the characters aren't remarkable and the world in which it takes place even less so, making the whole affair an exercise in patience. When the final battle comes around, it's more "thank god" than "hell yeah."

>Also, how has nobody mentioned Krull yet?
Now there's a classic, love that movie

I found Stardust to be enjoyable.

Yeah I don't know why this movie was so hated.

It's a pretty good film, and a pretty faithful adaptation of the book. Bookfags shouldn't be complaining, moviefags shouldn't be complaining, and everyone who loves supremely comfy films should love it.

But still, for some reason, it never caught on. Damn shame.

Krull is the ultimate, to be quite brutally honest.

For you

It really is a comfy film and Mark Strong and his bros were great.

This, books or not it was a fun adventure movie, i need more of these.

It's old but Dragonslayer is decent I still get chills every time the dragon finally shows

Mother fucking Willow.

It was directed by Ron Howard.

written and produced by George Lucas

I don't hate the film personally, but I do think it's quite a mess and most of the humor falls flat. Even so the special effects are great and Val Kilmer is excellent

Pleb-tier kids movie. Not even aimed at teens. Literally made for kids aged 6-10

if you want to fugg alexandrio daddario and don't mind dropping your iq a few points.

Percy jackson and the lighting thief is pretty decent 6.5/10 flick.

The 2nd movie was worse though. less daddario, more nigger goat blah....

that movie was weird as fuck at some points, prob because I knew very little about the story other than the snake tower part. The place where they had orgies and eat human stew all day especially creeped me the fuck out.

Other than that it had some solid violent action and moments that were metal as fuck.

The Dark Crystal

Still heartbroken at the cancellation of the sequel

I could listen to that man read the phone book...