youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
youtu.be/rPdJdEFilaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mace Windu v. Palpatine

>best swordsman v. best force user
>epic purple lightsaber
>base samuel l jackson
>sheev revealing his true form
>mace loses a hand and falling seemingly to his death (like luke in esb)
>anakin turning to the darkside

debate me faggot

>too much cgi
>two old men
>Lucasesque melodrama

Wrong

true

Luke vs Vader on Bespin

no kung fu ligthsaber swings, no dancing feet, no flips, no backflips, no edge, sorry but anakin vs obi wan in ep3 is the best

Luke vs Vader in ROTJ

This. I liked how it was broken up into segments, each more desperate than the last as Luke discovered how increasingly outmatched he was.

Pre Vizla vs Darth Maul from the GOAT Wars

youtube.com/watch?v=zEu_U78XFg4

>not darth maul and savage oppress vs sheev

Any of the ones in the OT including Luke practicing against the robot. The lightsaber duels in the PT were all shit.

>that part where Vader pops out from the corner near the end
Shit always scares me man

Anakin vs Obi will always be the ebst

Luke v. Vader from Empire

The emotion in every strike is palpable.

The thought that the overwrought lightsaber dancing in the prequels could ever touch that moment is laughable, if not sad.

Obi Wan vs Anakin.

Dual of the Fates is one of the best things to come out of the prequels

Anakin vs. the younglings.

I always liked Luke vs Vader at Cloud City the best.

>GOD TIER
Anakin vs Obi Wan (Mustafar)
Luke vs Vader (Both times)
Dindu vs Sheev

>GREAT TIER
Qui Gon and Obi Wan vs Maul
Anakin and Obi Wan vs Dooku (RotS)
Sheev vs Yoda

>OKAY TIER
Qui Gon vs Maul (Tatooine)
Anakin, Obi Wan and Yoda vs Dooku
Obi Wan vs Vader (Death Star)

>SHIT TIER
The Shekels Awakens

You'll find I'm full of surprises

The correct answer

>the meme duel

Fuck off

>Ahsoka Vs. Darth Vader
youtube.com/watch?v=0UVJSJOiLk4

>Maul Vs. Pre Visla
youtube.com/watch?v=zEu_U78XFg4

>Sheev Vs. Darth Maul
youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

this

Atleast we can all agree that the fights in the force awakens were absolute horse shit

>Cartoon fights managed to be better than Live-Action ones
Honestly quite impressive.

>savage opress
You've got to be fucking kidding me

Yeah, they were pretty shit.

He's Maul's brother, yeah.

Star Wars has always had silly names man.

>Oh yeah, we'll name him Han Solo, because when he is introduced, he thinks only of him self!
>And he gets hunted by a Bounty Hunter... Who is very greedy... I'll call him Greedo!

JJ needs to watch this and learn.

Both Vader/Luke duels >>>>>> everything else

>"Ahsoka..."

/thread. First time I will ever say this: kino. All the locations they go to are so awesome especially the freeze chamber room and the tunnel before the window break.

>pops out the corner
youtu.be/Wk-kNvr2Bgs?t=188

Not gonna lie that's kind of creepy you got triple sixes posting that dude and saying that.

>name a good light saber fight in a film series not known for amazing choreography

Basically pick the best shit

Despite the name do you know how it's pronounced?

You must be the dipshit that thinks sheev sounds hilarious

you now have duel of the fates stuck in your head.

>best part of the prequels imo

Did he died?

>implying it hasn't been stuck there, playing nonstop, for the past 17 years

>when she sees anakins one eye

fuck that was right in the feels

this desu

Yeh and the ones in 8+ as well

I really wanted to see the Ahsoka-Anakin storyline. But Clone wars was bad enough. Still i watched some episodes and was mostly pissed about how bad it was. And now it is in rebels? Jesus the main character didnt need much screentime to make sure that i wont see this garbage. But the fight was awesome and i wish i could see more of it :/

Why cant there be a +16 Star Wars show? Doesnt have to be about the big wars, so it doesnt need to be a high budget thing. Just get me a couple of force users and every few episodes a 'cheap' lightsaber fight with drama.

/memepost

/redditor

How much of The Clone Wars did you even watch dude? There was over 100 episodes, and it got very, VERY good.

youtube.com/watch?v=06S3f_dGPdY

The most graphic, mature, and violent scenes in the entire franchise, happen in TCW.

Rebels is not as good as TCW. It's viewed as a spiritual successor, that does continue some of the TCW storylines, such as Ahsoka.

>Just get me a couple of force users and every few episodes a 'cheap' lightsaber fight with drama.
That's literally Rebels.

Give The Clone Wars a proper chance, and then if you end up liking it, try Rebels.

Absolutelly fucking this.
>"I challenge you one warrior to another"
Maul is literally the best character in that show.

/hivemind

>"I don't fear you"
>"Then you will die braver than most"

Are we really not going to admit that even if they were both cartoons The Clone Wars and the second season of Rebels are top tier?

Luke vs Vader
Either fight. Take your pick between the fencing and segmented buildup to Luke being overwhelmed or the match where Luke loses his shit. Either has more emotional impact than anything in the prequels and I more appreciate the subdued nature of the choreography in the two.

Maul is legit one of the best Star Wars characters of all time, thanks to the cartoons. Turned him from the Emperors attack dog, to one of the most compelling villains in the entire franchise.

>Rebels.
everything until this I was with you

Anybody who brushes off TCW just because it is animated, is not somebody who's opinion matters to me. Yeah, there's some meh episodes, especially early on. But there's also literally dozens of hours of top tier Star Wars, on par with or even better than, the best of the movies. Rebels has had some great stuff too. That Season 2 Finale in particular absolutely blew TFA out of the fucking water. JJ should be embarrassed.

Compare the ending of Rebels, to the end of TFA:

youtube.com/watch?v=MTFNwROFWaA

Everything about it is a swell of emotion that is fitting for such a spectacular episode. TFA's ending however, was the messiest clusterfuck in the entire franchise.

pretty awesome
darth maul was sick in this
last 2 parter was great

I like how the inquisitors treat him as a sort of legend or rumor, how despite everything that's happened he is still there.
It's quite impressive as very few force users lived after order 66, even less after the empire was at its peak.
Also he is like 80 and he is quick as fuck.
Same here. A true SW fans knows where to find that kind of magic and mistery TFA was deprived off.
Let's be honest here, basis of SW is how misterious the force is.
If you make a movie with such little screentime of force users/force related plots you are just going to release a generic sci-fi movie that will reach to no one.
Sadly people will eat everything with a big brand in the title.

>Vader limping out of the temple
Woah

Mace Windu vs Palpatine.

Best duel.

the one at the end of TFA

>muh overly choreographed and emotionally weightless flips

TFA was a mess from every angle man.

Biggest problem was how it shit on RotJ, and reverted the state of the Galaxy to how it was at the start of the OT, just so they could play it safe and "start again".

Hate on the prequels all you like, at least they were new territory, and told a different story, and dared to have actual new villains.

And Maz serving as the useless Yoda knock-off pisses me off.

Honestly, the more I think about TFA, the more I realize how much I didn't like it. I can't even compliment it for adding stuff, like the Prequels did, because there was nothing new to add to Star Wars from TFA.

>Oh the Empire is still around, and they're the bad guys still
>Vader? His grandson is in his own suit and fulfilling the exact same role with the same motivations, just because he can
>All the Jedi? Still extinct, because Luke'ss academy was killed offscreen

JJ literally made A New Hope again, and got away with it. Fuck me.

Fuck off JJ.

>overly choreographed
Kylo did a bunch of twirls and shit, just like the trained Jedi in the prequels

>emotionally weightless
TFA's fight was the most weightless fight in the franchise, because Rey was a Mary Sue from beginning to end, so we expected her to win, despite it being the first movie of the trilogy, and the fact that she has never used a Lightsaber, or the fact that she was against a fully-trained force sensitive opponent.

Oh, and she did win. What a shocker.

>Mary Sue

using that fucking buzzword should just negate your opinion.

>using a term exactly made for cases like Rey in TFA negates your opinion

lmao

Op is not a fag for once.
You also can't name a better duel theme than Duel of the Fates, btw.

KORAAAHHH CHA CHA RAAAA
DUM DUM DURURUM DUM DUM DURURUM

Fuck I got so pumped while playing Battlefront 2 and the theme changed to that.

Yes.

Pity the Menace was only Phantom:
youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

Ahsoka vs Grievous

Ok, when they're doing the whole "lock blades and grimace" thing, why doesn't he just stab her over the top with the other two lightsabers? They're just sorta sitting there, useless.

i fucking love nerdrage

Sheev v Darth Maul and his retarded brother
Sheev v Elite Jedi
Obi-Wan v Anakin
Luke v Vader episode V
Luke v Vader episode VI

You can pick apart any fucking duel in Star Wars whether it's animated or film. Star Wars is pulp sci-fi/fantasy. Injecting a ton of logic into it is useless.

that webm is amazing

and just where in the hell do you think you are

Is this not Reddit?

ur mom vs me

it had only one lightsaber tho.

My nigga

>not posting the trailers for SWTOR

Do you even like star wars senpai?

youtu.be/rPdJdEFilaU

if he looked up RT right now he wouldn't look so smug...

>that blind guy aboard the ship

Hold up

First a disclaimer: While I was pretty into star wars but never obsessed with it as a child, I lost interest slowly, so I don't know that much about the newer stories.

Is that blind guy the blind guy from the force unleashed videogames?

Also I have to say the clone wars later seasons looks quite good judging from these videos.
I gave it a go and barely remember much about it except for this one episode with yoda and clone troopers, where he tells them they are all unique in the force, which was a great episode, but everything after got a bit stale so I stopped.

Can someone post that guide I've seen floating around of what episodes are more / less important to watch?

But battle of the heroes is the number 2 star wars song hands down

the fight felt great on the hole but interspersing it with anikin in space shit ruined it a bit

>sabre
OI M8 TANGERINE CHIM CHIM CHAROO O'CLOCK INNIT

There are 3 good duels in the star wars saga
>Obi-Wan vs Vader
>Luke vs Vader on Bespin
>Luke vs Vader on Death Star

The rest is video games

Shaak Ti and the Jedi Guardians protecting Palpatine against Grievous and his Magnaguards on Coruscant, in Tartakovsky's Clone Wars.

Honestly, the fight is one of the only ones I can think of that has logical stages of satisfying, exciting progression, instead of two combatants just wailing on each other with flips and rolls over and over until one cuts off an arm or head.

>Further establishes Grievous as a deadly warrior, even to Jedi.
Up until this point, no non-Force wielder had been able to put up much fight against Jedi in melee combat. Tartakovsky truly makes Grievous out to be every bit as terrifying and cunning as the rumours surrounding him made him out to be. This image was crushed in Episode 3, who developed him into a bumbling, idiotic coward.
>Magnaguards are tough, are only defeated with great effort on the parts of the Jedi
Their ability to withstand crippling blows and keep on fighting is demonstrated early on, as well as their agility. Again, they feel like they're living up to their purpose - an anti-Jedi weapon, and make the Confederacy more intimidating.
>Grievous showing off his cyborg parts by reacting to the Jedi's movements and attacks
Of note is the Ithorian's wind blast attack, which Grievous adapts to after only seeing it once. Again, he's made all the more intimidating because of it.
>Both parties use the changing landscape to their advantage, instead of just flipping over things. E.g. the train system.
>Exciting end which keeps us interested, despite a heroic failure

Seriously, Tartakovsky's got it made. It might not have the emotional connection we got in RotJ or ESB, but as far as decent fight scenes all-around go, it's the best out there.

If you don't like the prequels' duels you don't get Star Wars.

You were never a fan in the first place.

The only reason the fights were slow and clumsy in the original trilogy is because George was limited by the technology of that time. By the time he started making the prequels he could unleash his true vision of Star Wars. The prequel trilogy is pure George. Pure Star Wars.

George is shit, though.

Am I the only one who feels that the lightsaber fights from the cartoons have no physical weight to them? I'm not saying they're bad fights or anything, but something about the animation makes it look like they soften every blow right before it connects. Like when you have a dream where you punch somebody but it slows down right before your fist makes contact. Does anybody else see this shit or am I just crazy?

you're retarded.

Underrated post

>The prequel trilogy is pure autism

Well yeah that's a known fact

CORRRAAAAAAAA AY KEBAAAAAB

CORRRAAAAAAAA AY KEBAAAAAB

I have about as much respect for the prequel trilogy as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb.

Absolutely not, that fight was terrible. IT literally looked like two spergs fighting with plastic toys.

This.

Though: is a clear, close, second.

Except those limitations made the originals about characters and story, while the prequels were about CGI and rubbish.

>we need to name these bounty hunters.
>This guy with a towel on his head looks kind of dangerous
>Danger
>Dengar