Give me ONE (1) reason why kpop isn't good

Give me ONE (1) reason why kpop isn't good.

Hard mode: nothing about the music

koreans mostly have fat, stupid faces.

the stars are selling a product, not music
all mainstream pop is like this but the koreans are the most upfront about it

it's literally fanservice: the genre

Twice isn't music

anyone who hasn't been banned from /vg/ at least once for kpop is a newfag imo

>a product admitting it's a product
good thing imo

you're a stupid fat face

I am completely open to any music genre. Lately, the only thing I listen to is kpop.

Before, I used to give priority to music with good lyrics. With time and maturation, I noticed there are almost nothing like that. Sometimes it's possible to find an artist like Sun Kil Moon, but it's rare. Literture, Movies and even Animes are above mainstream music on artistic matter.

The reason for it is that all good writers with artistic merit go for books, the ones aiming money go for movies. There's no reason to do it on music, the good song writers are all about the instruments rather than lyrics.

Koreans excel at everything they do, it's no different on pop music. Western pop music is silly and the way our media try to make it look like real art is cringey. All songs are written by hidden producers, not by the musicians. At least Kpop is open about that. Technically, idols are also better in everything, from singing, to dancing, to visuals. Also there are no shitty political ideologies on their music.

>but the koreans are the most upfront about it
why is this bad
also disagree, music is part of the product package

In kpop, this is considered beautiful.

>Give me ONE (1) reason why kpop isn't good.
>Hard mode: nothing about the music

So basically what you're saying is that your general should be banned from Sup Forums because you're not actually talking about the music but about the people who sing it?

mamma mia!

Stick in your containment general

t. drones

>I used to give priority to music with good lyrics. With time and maturation, I noticed there are almost nothing like that.
Holy fuck, here's your (You), faggot. How's freshman year going? Keep justifying your yellow fever and obsession for awful pop music, you insecure fuck.

You need other anons approval and I'm the insecure here? No wonder this is one of Sup Forums worst boards, keep consuming Fantano and Pitchfork.

Heres your (You) chingu

all the sexual molestation that happens in the industry

>You need other anons approval and I'm the insecure here
What the fuck are you on about? I haven't posted anything else in this thread.

okay

One reason why kpop is not good?

Well, the fact that their threads do not belong on Sup Forums because they do not discuss music in general.

also they do not create music that is arty in any way shape or form. Name one influential k-pop album protip: you can't

Are you even Montie. Post a vocaroo or something and say the date to prove it. I'll remember your stupid voice.

I agree
After studying and enjoying korean entertainment, they're very good at making movies creative and great plot, catchy tunes and to be fair, the lyrics do lack and great dramas.

People may find drama subjective that it does the same romance genre, but they do it very well that you'll care for the characters and give you a good right in the feels.

Name one influential pop album on the last 25 years, time since kpop is a thing: you can't

>tell me why this genre of music is objectively bad
>even more laughably, I want you to do it without talking about the music

Korean people seem awful.

I challenge anyone to go watch 20 minutes of K-Pop music videos and not be blown away. Notice the level of precision they use in their performances. Check out the lighting, the sets, the choreography, the outfits, the video quality, the epic-ness, the production of the music... It is honestly the absolute top in the entire world. American music and videos are great, but they are not as big as K-Pop. The USA used to do this too, back in 1999/2000. Something happened around 2005 though, and, for the most part, our music videos and performances got really cheap and uninspired

i agree

he's right tho, there just aren't any good lyrics in music

Korean cinema is the richest in the world

moot points all around because the best lyrics are found in instrumental songs

if you need them actually spelt out and vocalised to fully appreciate then you have no place on this enthusiast board

words can express things in a different way, with more precision i guess, someone like leonard cohen would never be the same with just music
and there's kind of a musicianship in setting words to melody so that they complement each other expressively which you don't get with just instrumentals