Is there a term for actors and actresses that got known for roles in geeky productions...

Is there a term for actors and actresses that got known for roles in geeky productions, who studios started to snap up for AAA blockbusters in the hopes of getting neckbeard cash, while the actors and actress can't seem to build up their CV besides anything catered towards the geek crowd?

Game of Thrones seems to be filled with these sort of people.

Emilia Clarke
>Terminator Genisys

Sophie Turner
>X-Men: Apocalypse

Gwendoline Christie
>Star Wars: Episode VII

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau
>Gods of Egypt

It's not AAA but I feel like

Kit Harington
>Pompeii

Only came about because the studio thought they could attract GoT fans.

Dinklage also got by on small roles until GoT and I feel like his job in
>X-Men: Days of Future Past
was because Fox thought they could also cash in on GoT money.

For another example that's not Game of Thrones, Stephen Amell of Arrow is going to be in
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

A job I think he only got due to Arrow's small success.

It's called "getting paid."

so a specific form a typecasting?

mmm imagine sophie and emilia taking turns sitting on your face yum yum i got a big stiff boner thinkin about it

It's kinda similar to specific actors in cult film, Sid Haig's career is mainly based on his work for Rob Zombie. I guess you call those people Cult actors, so people like the game of thrones cast are Geek actors.

Kind of?

In my mind, typecasting is getting offered only roles for something that made you famous.

Like, say you had critical success with a role where you played an innocent woman, and after that, all you get are the same roles where you play innocent women.

But in this case, while you got famous with a role in some geek production like Walking Dead or such, and you'd like to do a more dramatic film that might be Oscar bait, but all you get are offers for big budget summer movies where the main draw will be your reputation from the Walking Dead. I think that's a bit different.

>Dinklage also got by on small roles until GoT

Well what else would he get?

Cult actors might be a good example yes!

I looked it up and some examples I'm seeing are Nathan Fillion, Danny Trejo, and Christopher Lambert.

Guys you go in to see them playing themselves the whole time.

typecasting is when you can't get varied roles because the general public can only think of a certain type of character when they look at you. It's literally what you're talking about.

Haha! You're so funny user!

Because they're all fucked looking and can't act?
Not exactly rocket science

Kit Harington also did a Silent Hill movie with Sean Bean

The bigger her ass get the harder I become

I don't think it's the type of thing you could find a TVtropes page on, but in general, many TV actors fail to transition into film, and many flawed movies attempt to cash in on small-screen success with popular TV actors.

Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston are both good examples. Particularly the former, since he has one noteworthy film that was awful. Cranston didn't fail his transition at all, but was attached to some mediocre projects since he couldn't really ask for more. (Total Recall 2012, Godzilla)

Aaron Paul has that Hulu show right? Isn't that doing well? And he's a producer on Bojack Horseman, so he's got work.

i'm sure you can do this for a lot of actors/actresses in general (not just geeky realm)

in general the studios choose the roles for name recognition so they often cherry pick from popular TV or lesser movies, but often those people do not work very well in large scale productions for whatever reason

The guy who plays Jaime was also in Oblivion.

He is also on Final Fantasy XV of all things, alongside Sean Bean and Lena Headey

Wouldn't that be an example of the sort of thing OP is talking about?

Oh shit, we need to boost FFXV. Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones was popular so nab whoever is free to voice some characters!

It got renewed for a second season.