Now that the dust has settled, we're all in agreement that Springsteen is the greatest American songwriter of all time...

Now that the dust has settled, we're all in agreement that Springsteen is the greatest American songwriter of all time, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q1BPuLZ995M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying Telegraph Road isn't the greatest song of Americana

imagine being out-Americaned by someone who's not even American, how embarrassing

No, and stop listening to overrated dadrock.

No. That would by Ry Cooder but of course your pleb ass has never heard of him

BAAWWWWWNNNNN IIIIINNNNNNN THHHHHEEEEEE YYYYYYYYUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSAAAAAAYYYYYYY

>not Roky Erickson

it's you who's the plebe you plebe

People that disagree haven't listened to his more lyrically interesting albums. Listen to "The Ghost of Tom Joad" and "Nebraska". The guy released "Nebraska" in the height of his career, a solo album that he made in his garage. Just stories. He killed his popularity for a few years. If you don't think he just loves the music listen to one of the many interviews where he talks about his childhood. I'll just watch you idiots talk about the real meaning of "Born in the USA"

>Hasn't read the yrics

hes a liberal communist cuck globalist SJW

No
/thread

Hows your life looking pleb captain? How are all those Trump promises going?

Do you have more money than him? Hes making a cuck out of you. You gave your dom a vote, and a faggot like Bruce Springsteen still could buy your life 3 times over. What happened?

OVER 1000 DEMOCRAT SEATS LOST SINCE 2010

OVER 100% STILL BROKE

OVER 100% STILL NOTHING DONE BY YOUR DADDY TRUMP

Isn't Trump not even in office yet or something?

He's not even the fucking president yet!

pleb doesn't no how much influence president elect has. my taxes went up already. Here in the real world, the upper middle class, this guy has fucked me.

WHY ISNT KILLARY IN JAIL\

WHY IS RUSSIA KEKING TRUMP

>greatest American songwriter of all time

samefagging so hard

>OVER 100% STILL NOTHING DONE BY YOUR DADDY TRUMP
This has to be bait.

Not even the president but he already has Putins dick in his mouth. Plus China is already playing with his asshole. Idiots like you are the reason faggots like Bruce Springsteen even exist.

>multiple people responding to me with a well-known fact

>must be samefag

kill self user

cut along dotted line

If it is your dumb ass alreday took it. ignore the Sup Forums fags and enjoy the victory at Sup Forums

underage reported

best songwriter of all time, link related

youtube.com/watch?v=q1BPuLZ995M

Your dad helps you with the computer, huh?

Bruce Springsteen is the epitome of "epic". After Bob Dylan and before the Ramones, he was one of the few musicians capable of transforming the mood of an entire generation into a "sound". If the rules to judge the significance of an artist are that a) he be indifferent to fads and trends; b) that his lyrics dig deep into his era and resonate with the souls of millions of people; c) that each record be, de facto, a concept album; d) that each song send shivers down the spine even without a catchy melody; then Springsteen is one of the greatest of all times.

Musically, Springsteen coined the model of the singer-songwriter of the 1980s, bridging the gap between the bluesman of the 1930s, the black shouter of the 1940s, the rocker of the 1950s, the folk-singer of the 1960s, the punk of the 1970s.

In many ways, Springsteen was the true heir to Woody Guthrie (Bob Dylan never was a true populist). He sang about the dreams and the fears of ordinary white Americans. But he was also the heir to the blues, in an era in which the black nation was abandoning it for dance music.

Over the years, Springsteen grew up to become the eloquent spokesman of middle-class and blue-collar America. His declamations combine populist demagogy, patriotic passion and prophetic vision in a way that is quintessentially American. The alienated enthusiasm of his early days mutated first into a nostalgic glorification of the past and eventually into resigned grief. Dreams turned into memories, and exuberance turned into frustration. As the promised land faded away, Springsteen led the exodus from the international utopias to the virtues of ordinary people.

Well Papa go to bed now it's getting late
Nothing we can say is gonna change anything now
I'll be leaving in the morning from St. Mary's Gate
We wouldn't change this thing even if we could somehow
Cause the darkness of this house has got the best of us
There's a darkness in this town that's got us too
But they can't touch me now
And you can't touch me now
They ain't gonna do to me
What I watched them do to you

I swear I never meant to take those things away

Talk about a dream,
Try to make it real
You wake up in the night,
With a fear so real,
You spend your life waiting,
For a moment that just don't come,
Well, don't waste your time waiting,

Well there's a dark cloud rising from the desert floor
I packed my bags and I'm heading straight into the storm
Gonna be a twister to blow everything down
That ain't got the faith to stand its ground
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted

I followed that dream
Just like those guys do way up on the screen
Drove my Challenger down Route 9
Through the dead ends and all the bad scenes
The promise was broken
Cashed in a few of my dreams

Well I built that Challenger by myself
But I needed money and so I sold it
Lived a secret I should've kept to myself
But I got drunk one night and I told it

All my life, I fought that fight
The fight that you can't win
Every day it just gets harder to live
The dream you're believing in

Bruce Springsteen is a poor mans Merle Haggard

How the fuck is Bruce Springsteen?

Fuck off. Bruce Springsteen is absolute dogshit.

Now that the dust has settled, we're all in agreement that Springsteen is the biggest hack American songwriter/singer/guitarist/musician of all time, right?

His nephew has been on Sup Forums shilling him for the past two days.

plebs
l
e
b
s

Dust settled? Too soon m80

has anyone else noticed how distinctly scaruffi writes? it's obvious within the first sentence it's him - no one else would fucking write like that

on springsteen: he's dave grohl if dave grohl were a decent lyricist and 20 years older