ITT: Post only the most essential, important, and influential albums that everybody should hear

ITT: Post only the most essential, important, and influential albums that everybody should hear.

since we're going obvious

21 Pilots- Blurryface

Admit it.

>inb4 pasta

I've heard all of these. Where do I go from here?

do this one, its better

seconded

seconded

These are for sure

All time most important album

yep
good thread guys

is this album really that good? it's the only album spammed here I haven't heard

Basically, post Sup Forumscore thread

Good pick user.

>post Sup Forumscore

what did he mean by this?

Sup Forums really likes influential music

great album, but how is it influential?

It influenced me to kill myself.

orThe "essentials" chart that has classical/jazz/traditional on it as well. Don't mean possible

I'll go for pic related, first album to really use electronics in a poppy way effectively.

It's one of the greatest musical experiences I've ever witnessed. However, it's not going to appeal to you unless you fully enter its world. You also probably won't like it the first few times.

If you have social anxiety, depression, troubles with anger or just mood issues in general then it encapsulates them perfectly.

The most influential of them all

Th

>liking flint
Mama mia

Loveless for the 2000s tbhdesu

good pics
pic related is a timeless piece of perfection

bangarang is the red pill skrillex album, user

Love it, but is it really influential?

Honestly yeah I think so.

This thread is stupid as fuck.

agreed it actually sucks ass

That's what I call music!!

no, just twangy rock with some muttering.

The most overrated album here.

Alright which one of you is lying

nah

Yes
Yeah
Yes
Yes
No
Yeah
Yes
Yeah
Yes
Yeah
YeahBest one here

Maybe you should listen and decide for yourself.

neh
still 9/10 album tho

Is there anywhere with a FLAC download of all the albums in this picture? I don't want to go through finding all of them if someone else already has

YES.

pls help

>all this rockist garbage
Lmao nope. There's really only a few things that are truly important and influential.

Dmitri Shotakovich - Symphony No. 5 (the epitome of common practice era art music)

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (the epitome of improvisational masterwork in music)

Karlheinz Stockhausen - Elektronische Musik (a collection entailing the epitome of sound based approaches to music and electronic music)

The Beatles - Abbey Road (the epitome of everything popular music can do)

And a bunch of traditional folk recordings which demonstrate various actually different approaches to music.

No, your indie shoegaze qt gf album that only covers a small niche of the world doesn't count. Neither does your super experimental garbage that's actually a watered down approach to what the real masterminds like Xenakis and Stockhausen were doing.

>heard it
>didn't blow me away

>If you have social anxiety, depression, troubles with anger or just mood issues in general then it encapsulates them perfectly.

This

>not posting discovery
more like daft cunt amirite lads

>mostly rock

please be a pasta

>The Beatles - Abbey Road (the epitome of everything popular music can do)
yeah no, Pet Sounds blows this out of the water
>Karlheinz Stockhausen - Elektronische Musik (a collection entailing the epitome of sound based approaches to music and electronic music)
>sound based approaches to music
as opposed to non sound based approaches?
>Dmitri Shotakovich - Symphony No. 5 (the epitome of common practice era art music)
if you're talking about influential classical music, that definitely goes to Beethoven's 5th or 9th. also, "art music" is the most pretentious term i've ever read

never has any album reached the level of genuine natural beauty before this album

This was disappointing, I was hoping it would sound more disjointed and primitive like EN but it turned out to be pretty straightforward

Hunting them all down is the point

You run into a some you hate too but it's all part of the fun and finding what you really like