How did this become the mainstream vaporwave album?

How did this become the mainstream vaporwave album?

It's not even good.

There are people who have only listened to that one track.

>It's not even good.
well, yeah, it's vaporwave

OP only listened to that one track

>vaporwave

What is this, 2011?

Is it vaporware or vaporwave?

Vaporware is software or hardware promised by a company that never arrives

It's the term "Vaporwave" is a play on

i think it's great, it's rearrangements are great, it's actually very simiilar to mathrock in that way

I think is great.

It's odd that some people say vapor is dead. There still lot of music with vapor feel being produced. I get what they say, "it goes against the very concept of vaporwave," but it becomes absurd when one and another are virtually the same.

it's not dead
technically it's more alive than ever because it's gaining in popularity

This

The Macintosh Plus was the only redeeming factor.

This, some is okay though.

i dont know but my older brother listens to it just now and acts all fresh now and wouldnt believe me when i said i used to listen to it back in 2012

can we all agree that the title track and math are the best songs on here

Haha i realize that the tranny cribbed that bust from the wikipeds

Isn't that just theft haha

because dat aesthetic

ie: its not about the depth or content of the music its about the style appropriation, the millennials are all appropriation zero original ideas

I literally still don't know what this album is and have never bothered to figure out

The first song is like being on Quaalude, i like the 2nd too. Also its the FIRST vaporwave album

>ITS ALL IN YOUR HEAD
its basically plunderphonic psych music with an 80s aesthetic

no eccojams and james ferraro came before it

thats chillwave bruh

>thinks something has to be good to be popular.

Probably hasn't heard of Apple or Linux.

probably due to aesthetic becoming more accessible in a more post ironic sense

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or not. Apple is popular and makes trash hardware and pretty though restrictive software, and Linux is also ridiculously popular, or rather the Linux Kernel is, though it's not as prominent in popular culture.

Also, I'm a software engineer, so.

I was agreeing with your point that something doesn't have to be good to be popular.

Apple certainly makes a lot of money off of hipsters who enjoy their (now, at least) shitty hardware and software.

Personally, I've had nothing but trouble with Linux and thus I consider it to be in the gray area in this.

Eccojams is probably the "purest" vaporwave album ever, what are you on. Also Eccojams was probably the first vaporwave album but some earlier stuff by Ferraro like Clear and Last American Hero were awfully close to vaporwave