The Beatles are the best band of all time

Why do people say that only Lennon and McCartney were talented? I'd argue that George Harrison was responsible for writing ALL of their best songs. Plus, Ringo, while ugly; was a pretty great drummer. Especially compared to his contemporaries.

Discuss

>George Harrison was responsible for writing ALL of their best songs
I'm not going to argue he didn't write good songs for the band. He did. And really great ones. But I'm a little skeptical about him writing THE very best ones.

I mean sure there may be some excellent songs written by McCartney or Lennon, but I'd argue that almost every song that you still hear regularly on the radio, was written by Harrison.

The only example I can think of is 'Something'.

What are some others? Most of my favorites from him are the 'deep cuts' on the album.

Savoy Truffle, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, It´s All Too Much, and Think for Yourself come to mind.

George was my favorite Beatle.
Who was the best writer/artist? Purely subjective

>Why do people say that only Lennon and McCartney were talented? I'd argue that George Harrison was responsible for writing ALL of their best songs.
Pseuds have been saying this since the 70s though. It's an opinion pseuds gravitate towards

>Savoy Truffle
>Think for Yourself
>their best songs
Go fuck yourself

> I'd argue that almost every song that you still hear regularly on the radio, was written by Harrison.
This has to be bait, right?

The fact that so many Americans still believe it should be illegal to marry a 12-year-old only tells you how far America still is from becoming a serious culture. The Europeans have long recognized that the greatest relationships of all times are between male adults and female adolescents, who are the most biologically fit to produce offspring, as well as the most physically attractive. Followers of the Muslim faith rank the highly controversial Aisha over all of their prophet Mohammed’s other wives, who were far past the prime age for reproduction. Americans are still blinded by puritan values. Adult females are more mentally developed than adolescents (not true, by the way), therefore they must be the greatest partners. Europeans engaged in relationships with adolescent European girls in the middle ages, radical Islamists engage in relationships with adolescent Muslim girls in the present. Americans are often totally ignorant of the virtues of relationships with adolescent girls, they barely know the biological benefits. No wonder they will think that sexual relations with 12-year-old girls should be criminalized.

what the fuck?

Name a single good Beatles song written by McCartney or Lennon.

Uhhh.... Ok.. what's your favorite Beatle? Paul's great fuckin grandkid?

Back in the U.S.S.R
Helter Skelter
Eleanor Rigby
Come Together
Help

That's just off the top of my head, but Harrison never wrote a song better than any of those besides maybe While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

Literally all of those are basic bitch shitty songs.

Yeah but your direct quote was "almost every song you still hear on the radio"
So of course they're basic. Still better than Harrisons shit.

Beatles' fans are basically people who grew up on it because of their parents, right?

Most probably are, but my parents actually didnt like them very much. They are more in the bon jovi / shit tier camp. I torrented a few beatles albums and listened to them to see what the fuss was about.. they are excellent.

It sounds like of era of music that just doesn't hold up. I haven't heard much admittedly but everything I hear sounds archaic. I don't think pop music became timeless until the 70s.

How did we go from Beatles to... did I miss something or...

>2017
>people still debate who's the best beatle
isn't it obvious McCartney is the best by far?

To me it initially sounded like shite, kind of staticy, and more importantly, corny. Especially when they do that dowap thing. I had to listen to the white album in entirety to start getting it.

I'm glad I did, once it kind of clicked I was able to listen to pepper, rubber soul, etc and I absolutely love it.

nope

Agreed, Scruffle fuck dem kids

People love the beatles for the obvious reasons

>poppy songs
>called greatest band
>arguably the most famous rock band

but it goes so much further than that. The beatles were a pop band before Sgt. Pepper and even john said so. But even in those irrelevant mindless pop songs, they instrumentation BROKE music theory for the time. Not like they were the first to ever do so, but they achieved world class super stardom with innovating in that sense.

In later years when they really found their sounds (all in post), they really changed music. They changed their sound from mindless pop songs to the most innovative recording techniques to that date, that are still not orthodox to this date. They had achieved such a powerful influence with music over the world and have actually done so much for music. with the chord progressions and beautiful techniques they used when dealing with chords that were not heavily sought on at the time, they took that risk. They turned all the uptight prudes into librealistic hippies and put movement the entire hippie scene and made history. To look at the beatles you can say of course that they are overrated.

But you have to look deeper.

The beatles were not just a band that made music. They changed the way people thought, the way people lived, the way people viewed art. They proved so much could be done through the expression of art. And art is all about expression. And if you can't say changing the world and changing the daily man and woman's persepctive on life and changing so many lives (for better or for worse) is the greatest form of expression to date, than i don't know what is.