(OP)
yes

hola reddit

It was unironically good. Only contrarians disagree

The comedian did nothing wrong.

reminder that The Comedian did nothing wrong

director's cut is pretty decent

nice trips

No, the casting of Silk Spectre is enough to hold it back from greatness. The soundtrack seals the deal. There's a lot more good than bad though, and the amount of shit thrown its way us pretty unwarranted. As it stands, we have as good a cinematic adaptation of Watchmen as we'll ever get. It's a massive achievement, as up till it came out even a decent rendition of the book was thought impossible. What we got was solid, if flawed. I enjoy it for what it is.

>bitch was fully pleased by sex with Dr. Manhattan
>she finds out after the fact he sent in the blue man group to do his dirty work
>now dissatisfied with the experience because it wasn't his maximum attention.

What was her problem?

Woman are attention whores.
They want it all.

not bad, but overall I think it's a 8/10.

yeah what was her fucking problem?

It's undeniably flawed and Snyder fails to 'get' the point to a lot of key themes/concepts, but there is greatness in it. Doctor Manhattan's journey to Mars and Rorschach's death are two of the greatest scenes in any capeshit movie ever, in my opinion.

Movie Ending > Comic Ending.

How could the same man behind this masterpiece also be responsible for the awful bvs? Where did it go so wrong? What happened to him? Did he just get lucky with the watchmen?

Warner Bros forced him to do certain things

Watchmen was where he had complete freedom.

What's the difference between the two? I've only read the comic

yes

In the comic it's a squid, but in the movie Ozy makes the world thinkg Dr. M is attacking Earth instead. I prefer the movie ending myself, the squid ending is kinda silly.

Dr Manhattan is okay with this? The point of the squid was to trick people into thinking aliens were invading through some kind of telepathy shit. Didn't understand how it was made but how did it unite the earth?

It's too bad Snyder didn't have a bigger budget

He originally intended to film the black freighter 100% live action 300 style with Gerard Butler, in order to weave it into the film, but they couldn't afford it, so they compromised for the animation

In the movie Ozy makes all the reactors he built with Doctor Manhattan explode, thus wiping out major cities from every major country. This makes the countries of the world believe that there's an attack on the planet by Doctor Manhattan and band together to stop him, thus ending the threat of world war.

Yes, he moves to Mars and lives the rest his life out there.

>murdering his lover and child because muh face
>being an unstable faggot for no reason

honestly the black freighter stuff kinda ruins the pacing.

in comic format it's great, but when it comes to film it just doesn't work.

Doctor Manhattan sees the ruse for what it is, just like in the comic, and doesn't approve. However, he knows that the damage is done and even though it's a terrible price to pay for world peace, leaves the planet to do his own thing like in the comic.

Ja.

trips

This is a joke. This is all a joke.

>am I fitting in?

Easily in the top 5 for actually good capeshit in with pic, The Dark Knight, Spiderman 2 and probably Iron Man 1 or 3
>Kick-Ass
Never got the appeal, wasn't as realistic/deconstructive as Super/Watchmen, nor as funny as Super and the action was worse than any of the other ones i mentioned

it had a good original scene like this but book is far, far better

>Iron Man 3

my nigga. Shane Black is one my favorite directors.

So the world decides to unite to kill Dr Manhattan but do they know he went to mars? Do they all try and get to Mars then?

>Iron Man 3
>Shane "Where my quips at" Black is my favorite director

Nah, from that point on it ends a lot like the book did. Ozy capitalizes on the rebuild effort and the rest of the world unites against a common threat.

CARLOS

DELETE THIS

Yes, but regardless of that - if the final frame of "Rebirth" means what I think it means, it's not just kino - it's fucking important.

>Ironman 3

The fuck?

kys

It's a movie manchild comic fans will never understand.

I haven't read any comic books since I was like 12. What's the appeal of this pile of shit and what makes it better than any other mediocre Marvel shitfest like Ironman 2 or Thor 2?

They think they can fall back on the "but comic book cucks got mad on Mandarin"-defense for everything

This movie can very much be said to have missed the point of the original work. I'm sick of seeing people say "it's the best we could have hoped for". Not only is that blatantly false, it's not an argument in favor of anything.

The Watchmen movie is dog shit. Everything about it is done in poor taste, except MAYBE the color filter. That looks pretty good, and I think a lot of people get romanced by that and a few of the other minor successful elements and don't bother to actually think about the work as a whole.

I could go by scene for scene, element for element, and describe to you why the movie doesn't deserve for a free pass for being worse than the book, but it'd be a waste of time because this is the internet. All I can say is don't like the movie, don't support Zack Snyder and buy a copy of the original book.

Fucking gooks man...

It's written and directed by Shane Black. The script ebbs and flows perfectly, it actually has a visual style beyond the homogeneity of the MCU and it provides an interesting commentary on the war on terror, specifically PTSD and using terrorism to prop up the military industrial machine. It's no masterpiece, and it suffers from the same third-act nosedive that most Marvel movies do, but it's good.

Watchmen so egregiously misses the point of the source material that it's kind of funny. Snyder's views on superheroes are almost diametrically opposed to Moore's, but he doesn't seem to understand that, and this movie is the result. Apparently modern capeshit audiences that praise this to high hell don't understand that either, but that's no surprise.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Billy Crudup are fantastic, though, and at least it's an aesthetically pleasing failure.

>It's written and directed by Shane Black. The script ebbs and flows perfectly, it actually has a visual style beyond the homogeneity of the MCU and it provides an interesting commentary on the war on terror, specifically PTSD and using terrorism to prop up the military industrial machine. It's no masterpiece, and it suffers from the same third-act nosedive that most Marvel movies do, but it's good.
>this nonspecific verbal diarrhea

It provides no insightful commentary on anything - unless you're positing that merely having parallels to the real world is commentary, and the PTSD nonsense was completely laughable in both concept and execution. Tony was closer to death in the first Iron Man and suddenly by the time of his third movie he gets shook up.

Who directed it is completely irrelevant to me. Shane Black's films are vastly better pre and post Iron Man 3, this is a stain on his record far as I'm concerned.

The exact same buzzwords with the exact same lack of context. Make a real argument, or else what's the point of even posting?

>capeshit
>meaningful stories

You're doing it wrong my man. it's entertainment.

>inb4 turn of it brain xDD

There's no plotholes so that's an invalid complaint.

this fucking post meant nothing.

>buzz buzz buzz

happy with your (You) user?

I'm not looking for meaningful stories here m8. I was responding to the vacuous claim of Iron Man 3 having some commentary, therefore it's good.

Theres a few people who seem to love pointing out that the movie "missed the point" but they never expand on it. It's kind of funny.

this is because they only act like they like the book better to seem smart.

>kino
kill youself Sup Forums memespouting niger

Dubs for truth?

People who claim the movie missed the point usually don't get the source material. I've encountered this many times when I pressed on the issue. Most of them don't even understand what the squid was supposed to represent.

Zack Snyder's adaptation of one of the most famously morally ambiguous comics of all time has the audience expy beating up the (almost moustache-twirling) villain and telling him that he's a monster. I'm not interested in getting in a 2 hour argument on Sup Forums about why Watchmen is a bad adaptation of the graphic novel, but if you compare and contrast the two with even a modicum of critical thought, it's obvious why.

The alien was irrelevant, the movie plan and ending were practically the same thing as the comics.

So you cant?

I guess the movie is objectively superior after all.

Whether or not you think it's good commentary, the idea that terrorism is used to prop up the proverbial war machine is, in fact, commentary. Everything else you said is completely subjective, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

>I'm not interested in getting in a 2 hour argument on Sup Forums about why Watchmen is a bad adaptation of the graphic novel
How convenient

The squid (ink) wasn't irrelevant in the comics because it represented the media itself. Namely the comics.

In the movie it was changed to the blue light of Manhattan, which represents the media it's supposed to represent. Namely movies.

It's a stroke of genius but people who claim that the movie missed the point, just didn't get it. Actually most people didn't get it. Even people who liked the movie.

Fuck No

>terrorism
>literally kills 0 people
I consider this failed commentary.

If you think Watchmen (the comic) is morally ambiguous you completely missed the point.

The comedy is solid, and doesn't have that blatant "winking at the audience/painful obvious reference as a joke" bullshit most of them have, the plot isn't "stop the thing from blowing up the world" for the billionth time, Stark having PTSD and spending most of the film gimped power wise offers something different than "OP protagonist beats up no threat grunts" which makes it way more interesting than other MCU's.

Most of all it feels like a self-contained movie, where people actually tried to make something good and interesting while being stuck in the Disney/MCU money printing machine (post credits bullshit aside)

That panel has literally nothing to do with moral ambiguity. Moore never condones or condemns the characters or their plans, Snyder explicitly does.

You should watch the movie again, because many people are killed, the actor playing the Mandarin just thinks it's staged.

>Moore never condones or condemns the characters or their plans

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

youtube.com/watch?v=qKebCtCTbCA

>Wouldn't these characters be kind of sad and touching?
>They would be kind of scary. Actually a person dressing in a mask and beating up criminals is a vigilante psychopath. That's what Batman is, in essence. That's how we came up with Rorschach.
>... in short a nutcase.

> Moore never condones or condemns the characters or their plans
>Moore
>never
>condemns

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

lol Yeah, Rorschach is portrayed as being mentally unwell, that's not even subtext. That's not the same as taking a moral stance as an author.

No

>Never got the appeal
These two.

Nic Cage saved that movie. That's why the second one didn't do as well. Didn't have the Cage. They shouldn't have killed him off. They weren't really following the source material anyway, so killing off your most interesting character is stupid.

I found it fascinating how they followed it with Jim Carry. Imagine seeing their two characters in the same movie. Wow.