This single scene contains more genuine emotion than the entire MCU

this single scene contains more genuine emotion than the entire MCU

remind me again why we forgot about the second coming of true blockbuster filmmaking, Sup Forums?

will we ever get a sequel?

What is this movie and or scene.... and explain to me what a teary eyed man has that a dozen other movies don't....

americans went to see grown ups 2 instead because theyre dumb, china saved it

better than capeshit for sure, and the special effects were better than anything this year.

>genuine emotion
Only because Cavill is wooden.

will we ever get a prequel?

As much as I like Rob Kazinsky his Australian accent was fucking garbage. Did Americans notice that or was it just something aussies picked up on?

there's a sequel supposedly in pre-production, subtitled "Maelstrom". Steven S. DeKnight, showrunner for Spartacus and Daredevil, is signed onto direct. i'm not exactly optimistic.

Because people weren't prepared for it at the time.

They don't remember how to have fun anymore. Everything has to be either a political soapbox or a part of some "cinematic universe". Based Del Taco wanted us out of that rut. He wanted to change the game, help people remember that fun stupid concepts could still happen and be awesome without a hint of irony.

Alas, ever since The Dark Knight we've been obsessed with pointing out plot holes and criticizing movies for being unrealistic. We can't see a movie as pure escapism anymore, it's gotta push some agenda.

I still believe in Del Taco though. I believe the sequel will become the movie that changes the game.

beautiful effects

capeshit never looked as good as this, fuck neither did jurassic world

i would agree with you if del toro were still directing the sequel, but he's not

also, i made that grid yesterday

but that plot... build a wall... and the SCRUBS characters were so fucking bad... i loved most of it all, but it was like a comic book movie itself, with some really well done action ina genre that's been treaded over for like 50 generations tehre's an entire board dedicated to MECHA on Sup Forums. Comic book movies never really had much going for them asides from some shitty superman pleb movies and then Batman and Ninja turtles.

"Where's my sista Stacey? Don't creep me out, Jean."

I mean MECHA movies are sort of established for a long time, comic book movies are still breaking round. BATMAN v SUPERMAN is like GODZILLA v KING KONG. timeline wise.

Pacific rim is genuinely one of the worst acted movies I've ever watched

>BATMAN v SUPERMAN is like GODZILLA v KING KONG. timeline wise.
i cant wait for godzilla vs gamera, it will truly BTFO capeshit

>Both Aussie characters weren't actually Australian

REEEEE

most people dont care fro mecha, so this is new shit for them

whereas movie capeshit has treaded the same ground many times, we've seen dead parents/uncles the smae hero/villain dynamics countless times on the big screen alone

> We will never see Sean Slater pilot a Jaeger into Albert Square.

of they got real aussies theyd be to busy shitposting to fight

Good. Aussies are mostly subhuman Irish and filthy Abos.

we're never going to see any of the Jaegers do anything cool besides Gipsy Danger

just wait, in the sequel they're just going to have built Gipsy Danger v2 or something. we'll never get to see any of the Jaegers from the ad campaign do anything cool

SCREW ATTACK DID A DECENT EVEN MATCH, ILIKE THEIR DEATHBATTLES

dead parents things? that's pretty much a trademark of capekino and hero/villain is just a staple of good writing. I know since Spider-man did it and we've all seen those movies a billion times it feels done before, but it's just the style Raimi perfected.

Spiderman trilogy is better.

>mcu
>spiderman trilogy

I didn't say Cat Women.

what

I don't remember this scene tbqh.

it's Herc saying goodbye to Chuck before the mission to attack the breach.

SLATER, YOU SHLAG

>tfw you get scammed by mo and fat elvis

This guy should play Hicks in an Aliens sequel/prequel.

but they shouldn't make a sequel or prequel to Aliens

You're right, but if they do he should be the guy.

It's been in the works on and off for years. Right now it's a yes, but don't get too excited.

They don't make good kaiju (strange beast) in Japan like they used to in the 1950s and 1960s. kaiju used to be cool & interesting before the studio known as Legendary Pictures invented the "monster film" (knockoff kaiju) genre in the year 2013 with the creation of the well-known flick (amatuer film) "Pacific Rim". Kaiju (strange beast) have not been the same since, and will never return to the CLASSIC GOLDEN AGE (1954 ~ Showa 28) of the industry when only cool kaiju (strange beast) such as "Gojira", "Gamera" and "King Kong" have been made. Modern day "otakus" (KAIJU* fan) only enjoy "monster film" (knockoff kaiju) flicks* such as "Pacific Rim" and "Monsters: Dark Continent" -- This is direct evidence of a strong lack of good taste and appreciation of the kaiju* genre and shows that the otaku (KAIJU* fan) culture is as good as dead to me and should be celebrated no longer. The only hope for the kaiju* genre's survival is the creation of new kaiju* such as "Godzilla Resurgence" and "Kong: Skull Island" which I am very much looking forwards to due to the fact that I AM a real otaku (kaiju fan) unlike all modern-day fakers and casual's**

I fucking loved Pacific Rim

it's essentially the modern blockbuster distilled into its purest form

the only thing that comes close is SPEED RACER

really fucking incredible

My favorite movie this decade. It could have been better though, there was way too much downtime and exposition with piss poor acting between the protag and his waifu. They wasted like 45 minutes of screentime trying to develop those two, and as a result there wasn't enough screentime for the other characters, and not enough screentime for the robot fights. Hopefully if Del Taco makes a sequel he goes full anime this time: tons of cliche vibrant colorful characters with little depth beyond their archetype and tons of robot fights. It was lame as fuck that the side characters (Russians and Chinese) all died like 2 minutes into the first fight, and the rest of the movie was GYPSIE DANGER LOL. Still though, aside from those flaws it was awesome. Prettiest movie I have ever watched, the fight in the middle of the film is fucking G.O.A.T., and Idris Elba, Ron Perlman, Charlie Day, and Rob Kazinsky had pretty good performances.

yummy

Is this Pacific Rim? Who the fuck is he. Wasn't Charlie Hunman in this? Please tell what happened in this scene. I don't remember any of it and I liked the movie.

it's Chuck Hansen, the Australian pilot of Striker Eureka

It's literally the same shit.

good pasta

really captures the autism of TK forums and the nostalgiafag fans

>this single scene contains more genuine emotion than the entire MCU

Zero isn't more than zero