What does Sup Forums think of The Fountain? It's undeniably flawed and it wasn't particularly subtle...

What does Sup Forums think of The Fountain? It's undeniably flawed and it wasn't particularly subtle, but there was something beautiful and hopeful in spite of all the melancholy and Hugh Jackman was absolutely fantastic.

The trailer was awesome. The movie isn't what I expected. I remember liking the ending.

I like the soundtrack and the movie was beautiful. It wasn't great but I definitely enjoyed watching it.

One of my favorites. Hit a deep feel for me like no other movie has.

but it wasnt flawed at all what are you talking about? and youre right, it wasnt subtle, which is why i never get all the hate that it was "too confusion" and shit

really wish i could watch it in imax

It's a damn good film. On an unrelated note, I'm kind of sad you don't see mid-budget films that take risks like this anymore from America.

solid 4/10

This is one of my favorite pieces of kino. Maximum comfy, perfect visuals and score...

literally my favorite movie ever

there is nothing in this movie that i can criticize. actual 10/10

This post is true.

Glad to see you Sup Forums guys have pretty good taste.

Except this guy
Weighing in with his shit taste

Can someone explain this movie? I didn't understand it.

try watching it again with your eyes open and the tv off mute

>one story is about a man who's wife is dying of cancer while he works on a cure for death
>one story is the book his wife is writing about a conquistador looking for the fountain of youth
>one story takes place centuries in the future after the man has found the cure for death as he travels with his wife's grave and the tree he planted on it to a place that his wife mentioned where a supernova will occur and kill him so he can finally be with his wife forever

>Weighing in with his shit taste
seems like one of those really bad meme movies that you tards rec as a joke. WELL I'M NOT LAUGHING

Negro, that movie is one of the most visually pleasing movies in existence and the score is amazing.

I'm sorry for your plebian status. Let us bow our heads and ask for this anons forgiveness.

....what?

what part are you having trouble with user?

I don't think he could explain it any clearer. It was confusing to me the first time I watched it, some aspects are ambiguous.

Tommy made me feel like few others have

>"Confirmation for what? that the tumor hasn't spread? she'll be dead by then..."

loved it when I was watching it but it didn't leave any strong impression on me, 7/10 would watch again

It's a movie about denial, obsession, and then finally acceptance.

I can't think of many other scenes that capture love like this one.

main character in all three parts of the story deals with all three themes

Dat Clint Mansell tho.

Aronovsky really fetishizes the shit out of Jackman's grief to the point where it gets ridiculous. Not a terrible movie but certainly his worst.

My favourite movie of all time. I keep watching it again and again, it hurts but I also love it. And love the way it hurts.
I watched it for the first time after my girlfriend passed away. Felt like I was hit by a train.

Ayn Rand sucks, fuck off.

>wasn't particularly subtle
that's the problem with it

it was too much in your face but I liked t anyways

You're confusing it with the fountainhead, dumbass.

Amazing film. Was lucky enough to see Clint Mansell play Death is the road to Awe live with a chamber orchestra