St. Vincent promises “real sea change” with new album, due next spring

are you looking forward to Annie's new album?

> "I think it’ll be the deepest, boldest work I’ve ever done," Annie Clark says in a new interview

consequenceofsound.net/2016/12/st-vincent-promises-real-sea-change-with-new-album-due-next-spring/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qp3ekk2sqkM
youtube.com/watch?v=oVuo5RhRizo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Legit thought her hand was a dick and balls coming out of her chest

Reminder.

I look forward to the bleep bloops.

Man, I like her music, but I'm growing to dislike her personality. She has some ego problems, which are understandably so, probably come from her need to feel like "someone" amongst like 6 or 7 siblings. She was possibly ignored in her household emotionally and her inflated ego is a defense mechanism that she has to create for herself because no one was telling her that she was great, she had to learn to tell herself that she was :(

>I think it'll be the deepest, boldest work I've ever done
Practically Kanye West self-suck-tier. I get being proud of what you do, but to not notice how stupid that sounds is insane. I believe in being humble though I do respect when artists say that they're proud of something, but to call it 'bold' and 'deep' is kind of being your own cheerleader which is a turn off for me.

This is the same woman that claims that she is "more compassionate" because she doesn't use the internet, people. See her interview with Marc Maron.

poor Annie

lacked the attention so she became a memesician

didn't work out very well for her since her sister owns a successful restaurant while she's mediocre at best

so she's going to make a beck album?

I don't need my favorite artists to be humble, it takes ego to take weird chances like she is doing. I loved the last album but never warmed to the pretentious robotic dancing she did live for it, respected the commitment though. Come on now, she's nowhere near kanye west's manic power level.

I think she's really trying to develop the St. Vincent "persona". She used to be shy and a little awkward back then but now she's hiding it with what comes across as arrogance and overconfidence. I wonder how Annie really feels on the inside nowadays, especially since she's sort of a celebrity now.

Also,
>implying she's wrong about the internet
>implying most of us here aren't ruining our lives due to internet addiction (see the annie autists, all the waifufags, Sup Forums etc.)

>robot dancing

Annie's always done that though

I agree with the last part of your post to be perfectly honest

I saw her live twice for strange mercy tour and once for st. vincent tour. Definitely did not have that stylized choreography on the mercy tour. Where had you seen that in the past?

Eh I may have missed something then because I don't know anything about any choreography, I also saw her on the tour for Strange Mercy.

Oh boy I can't wait for the princess of waifuisim cancer to release another boring and bland album and have to see thread upon thread of that shit

>She has some ego problems, which are understandably so, probably come from her need to feel like "someone" amongst like 6 or 7 siblings. She was possibly ignored in her household emotionally and her inflated ego is a defense mechanism that she has to create for herself because no one was telling her that she was great, she had to learn to tell herself that she was :(

listening to anons try to psychoanalyze is my fetish

hopefully she never finds out about the MCU

np. talking about this choreography
youtube.com/watch?v=qp3ekk2sqkM
youtube.com/watch?v=oVuo5RhRizo

>princess of waifuisim cancer
you mean Grimes? there are only like 5 people here obsessed with Annie

I just need a small taste from a single. I hope the new album is diverse without seeming to be unfocused.

She's also self producing it so it might sound somewhat different from her albums with Congleton, even though they generally worked pretty closely together.

As opposed to wanting a homogenous or unfocused album

I like the live recordings of New York, but it's definitely typical StV. Not sure if it will make it on the album

>I hope the new album is diverse without seeming to be unfocused.

how was the s/t "unfocused"? it was very diverse, which is what you are asking for

sounds like a bullshit, slippery criticism

Annie has said at various times that she likes things as unrelated as metal, punk, and hip hop,and my hoping was for a blending of these with her more pop sound without sounding like it's all over the place.

Is there a recording of the entire song? Most of the ones I've seen miss the beginning.

Wasn't a criticism of S/T. S/T did have variety and I felt it was pretty focused, but I want a wider range of influences like I said above, without it losing its focused feeling.

will she ever get tastefully THICC?

looks just right in that pic

If she's the Queen of Sup Forums how come no one talks about her?

Tasteful respect

Wow, do you really need to comment about how much you hate her persona on every Annie thread?

>white people opening taquerias

I bet it's awful

I don't get it

what does the mommy cinematic universe get out of posting these annie hate threads on the reg?

Why do you hate waifupop so much?

>Wasn't a criticism of S/T. S/T did have variety and I felt it was pretty focused, but I want a wider range of influences like I said above, without it losing its focused feeling.

you have yet to explain how it's unfocused. you have no point here, do you?

Somebody needs to tweet her an MCU thread

I don't have a point because I wasn't trying to make a point about S/T. My comment on something being "unfocused" wasn't aimed at S/T or any of St. Vincent's albums and was instead aimed at the hypothetical album I was talking about where she tries to implement all of her influences into it and me, in that instance, hoping it would feel focused despite having several genres worth of influence. It was completely a hypothetical stemming from what I hope the album sounds like.

Is that a way of admitting her last album was garbage?

Kinda like saying "gee, I hope this won't be an unflattering final album before she's hit by a car"
It kind of goes without saying, which you'd only get torn apart for like this on Sup Forums

this is easily the most desperate damage control i have ever seen

it should be pretty good then

>Annie will never be your aunt
>she will never look after you while your parents are away
>she will never sing you a lullaby as you gently fall asleep in her chest

Poor dude just wants her album to be decent and the autist hammer came down like the wrath of god

>ywn never spy on her with another lesbian qt but she secretly knows you're watching and allows it

I don't understand how wanting extreme diversity but with focus (which is hard to do, which is why I mentioned it) is some extreme criticism, especially when it wasn't pointed at anything in particular, but was my hope for the new album, which we don't even know how it'll sound.

Extreme diversity and focused material are on the same spectrum and they're far apart
Not to mention the spectrum you're on to continue this conversation

Threads going to die probably if I stop posting.

Are they still together?

This is accurate

I keep hearing mixed things. I think Annie's still scoring KStew's movie so I imagine that they have to be together but I'm pretty sure I've heard they broke up too. No real way to know unless they're seen in public again soon.

I'm glad her career is as dead and short lived as her relationship with Cara

>St. Vincent fucks hot famous chicks on a regular basis
>People expect her to be more humble

what is she saying, Sup Forums?

this lol

I just know an English person wrote this copypasta.

Only the English bitterly obsess over somebody having the NERVE to like themselves.

You know what?

I love myself. Really fucking love myself. Pretty sure I'm a narcissist.

And that is nobody's business. It makes no difference to anyone else. I'm just amazing, and it's really fun having the thoughts that I have, the abilities that I have. It's great. I like it, and I like myself. Also, I'm fucking pretty as fuck, and I know it.

if you're so perfect then why do you lie all the time annie?