What happens here?

What happens here?

Why would anyone willingly live in such a place?

Does it only exist because of gulags?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mWbdIfvtpdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you born there you haven't got many chances to move somewhere. And moving somewhere in Russia isn't worth it. At best you'll love in a little bit less shithole.

It's not actually that cold. The Arctic sea keeps it warm.

I sometimes listen to the norilsk radio.

But why? Do you understand anything?

ayyy

How do people even live like this

>Russians
>people
pick one

No, I just find it fascinating. It interests me how people live so far north in the world.

It's close to the coldest part of the year and those temps aren't low compared to further south in Siberia where -60 can occur-

Wiki says it doesn't have road or rail connection to other Russian cities , how do they go in and out then?

>implying anyone would still live there if they could easily get out

By air and cargo is delivered by ships. It's not that uncommon, Alaska capital isn't connected to US road network either.

>willingly
you just don't give them a choice

I want to go to the Antarctica but it seems too cold.

there are people that lives

-30 is pretty bearable if there is no wind. Just a matter of clothes. Problems statt at -40-50.

youtube.com/watch?v=mWbdIfvtpdg

>At best you'll love in a little bit less shithole
On the contrary, love is probably the only thing that makes life bearable in hellholes like Yakutsk :^)

You don't compare Yakutsk and Norilsk. Those are absolutely different levels of hellholes.

Norilsk Nikel Combinate produces 35 % world palladium, 25 % platinum, 20 % Nickel, 20 % Rhodium

And since love is a irrational shit, people there are depressed alcoholics.

looks good to export something

It is a closed city.
Even Russians can get there.
On the way there are several millitary posts tha check all papers before letting you further.