X-Men Apocalypse is capekino

>X-Men Days of Future Past 92% on Rotten Tomatoes: "I liked it because it wasn't completely forgettable like the Marvel movies!"

>X-Men Apocalypse 49% on Rotten Tomatoes: "I didn't like it because it wasn't enough like the Marvel movies!"

The fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wqVCFsnNjFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump, seriously what happened? Why should a good movie suffer because of Marvel fatigue?

Why should a movie be criticized about being "formulaic" while the Marvel capeshit gets high 80s and 90s on RT?

Are those retarded opinions of the same critic, or what are you trying to say?

Personally, I loved Apocalypse, but I get that it wasn't as strong and well paced as DoFP.
Also, DoFP had a LOT going on, trying to reboot the franchise at the same time of dealing with political issues as well as annihilation. It kinda makes the strongest villain pale in comparison, because that was the only thing motivating this movie. Maybe human compassion and selfishness, but that was very subtle.

What Apocalypse has over DoFP are God tier performances by both lead characters, and even Lawrence wasn't that bad.

Why did people think this movie was going to be good? It's looked like shit from the beginning.

It's a generalization but many of the same people who loved DofP for not being a generic Marvel movie hate Apocalypse for the same thing. It's retarded.

Just came back from seeing this, and it is goofy as fuck. The entire theater was cracking up at a good chunk of the movie, including shit that wasn't supposed to be funny. Also, Apocalypse still looks and sounds ridiculous

Was your theater full of nignogs or something?

People were totally invested in my theater and I live in upper class New York.

Fassbender talents were wasted. Shit, I thought even McAvoy phoned it in a few scenes (and I like him as an actor).

I'm in an upper class Maryland neighborhood, movie was just goofy

Like the scene where Magneto's daughter makes all the birds go crazy and then her and the mother get shot to death with an arrow

My theater was completely silent as if they were watching a Martin Scorsese/Tarantino movie.

Sux2BuM8

>Forced plot
>Terrible dialogues, every other line is trailer bait
>characters are 20-30 years older than DOFP but haven't aged
>way too much mystique, and way too much non-blue mystique
>Rehashed Deus Ex Machina Quicksilver Scene
>Apocalypse is a stupid villain
>Jean Cray can't act, Psylocke is terrible
>Wolverine scene is cool, but unneccesary
>Jean using Phoenix Force in the end without killing everyone in the area

Charles, Moira and Magneto are aged as fuck. The latter being naturally so, and I think Charles and Moira was mostly a bit of makeup.
Raven and Beast are not supposed to age as fast as humans.
Havok and Quicksilver were also aged a bit, but it's like going from 18/28 where there's not much difference.

Also I was a dressing this in another thread that died so I'll just copy-paste here because it's one of the big complaints about the movie...

About Jean's powerlevel:

Indeed, Charles never put the restrains that X3 did, so she could easily access her full inner strength.
This also explains why she had nightmares and trouble coping, because it's safe to assume X3 Jean had a much easier time with said mental blocks in place.
It even kinda checks out with the first Xmen movie where she is weak as fuck, she basically moves a pencil and gets a headache afterwards.

This new Jean Grey could be really awesome if they keep her power level this way.

You have those in reverse. Apocalypse is your typical capeshit movie.

Days of Future Past was capekino.

Bump for Oscar Isaac looked actually pretty good.
His height made sense since he switch bodies around, and people were scientifically proven shorter during the Egyptian Era.

I never got exactly how Apocalypses powers worked

Why was he blue? Why did he have space tech? From my understanding he had so many powers since he had been repeteadly been switching bodies with mutants, adding more and more powers (because apparently powers are stored mentally not physically)

But what did he have originally then?

This.

there was many blue ppl, this movie should have started with

>HEY LISTEN UP, HERES A STORY

Because of not having any rights to the other half of the Marvel Universe, Apocalypse was half-assed. He was originally giant gray mutant who was indestructible and could shape shift his body into hard objects. Kang the Conqueror time traveled back in time to ancient Egypt where he was Kang n' shit. No really, he was Kang n shit. Apocalypse defeated Kang and took his future technology. He spent his mutant-longevity learning how it works and used it on himself. Thus, Apocalypse.

It was strange watching him in ancient egypt already garbed in his Celestial future tech body armor.

Had good scenes but felt sloppy. Charles revelation near the end allowing him to do the mind battle with big blue seemingly came out of nowhere. Tho it was cool for the mind battle to take place in the school and Charles got a few good punches in before being overwhelmed. It was nice to see him not look like such a pussy for once. Wolverine scene was cool as well. Wolverine is always so damn cool. Quicksilver was handled well. Tho I thought it was stupid he didn't tell Magneto anything.

>not a different between 18 and 28 year olds

are you fucking serious?

Obviously the power of stealing powers.
Starting from that, it makes sense that he acquired so many over the centuries.
Also, his comic book origin states that he was born blue, that's why he was abandoned and started developing hatred towards mankind and the weak.

They all should have looked older. We're supposed to believe magneto and quicksilver are father and son and that 10 years has passed since previous events? That's bullshit. They look to close any age.

Oh, I see, cool. So the different parts his horseman moved from one body to another in the opening scene was his celestial future tech body armor?

Wait a minute, wasn't he sealed under the pyramid for 5000 years? How could he steal powers during that time? Also how could Moira heard of him if he was gone for 5000 years?

Also it's pretty funny how there's supposed to be much more mutants in the present than 5000 years ago yet Apocalypse egyptian horseman had WAY better powers than his present ones

This movie was all over the place.

There was a literally fistfight inside a brain and it was dumb.

To the contrary.

Days of Future Past was good because of the social commentary aspect it had.

Apocalypse juts went full-on avengers capeshit.

>magneto kills thousands
>xavier shrugs and gets his school rebuild

i guess theyre still buddies

Take your millenial head out of your millenial ass and realize that people looked much older in past decades.
Pic related. They look like a bunch of middle aged citizens, yet they're 18 in average.

Also see pic.

And no, you big dummy, I meant he stole powers from the centuries prior of the Egypt event.
Considering that people used to have an average lifespan of 50, even if he was active for 400 years, he should've stolen around 8 bodies with 8 different powers before being sealed.

This movie was nowhere even close to being half as good as First Class. It was also worse than DOFP. None of the character had development.

>people looked much older in past decades

ya wot m8

they just had hair and dress styles you associate with your parents generation

Here comes the death of capeshit.

Any capeshit movie that doesn't conform to the typical MCU formula will now be deemed shit.

>not enough quips!
>tone is too dark!
>too much violence!
>too many consequences!
>villain is too menacing!

I warned you, Sup Forums. You didn't listen.

That's not the reason Apocalypse or Batman V Superman was panned tough

you forgot your evans laughing image, MCUck

explain Deadpool

The sequel will be panned and you know it.

Along with the new rated R Wolverine

Apocalypse wasn't panned, it was mixed.

>the two female characters are Front & Center and look amazing
>the males are all caked in makeup, faces covered, or plain JUST looks

Dude it's been 20 years. They're all close to their 40s by now

>thinking a 50% is "mixed"

Don't kid yourself. Movie reviews are just as bloated as video game reviews. "Mixed" starts at 70%.

>X-Men movie
>Jennifer Lawrence front and center
>She's not even in her mutant form
>I'm suppose to buy that she's the leader of the X-Men over Cyclops or Wolverine

Movie can't be Kino when they're reshaping their entire cinematic universe around her

>I thought even McAvoy phoned it in a few scenes
Really? I thought he was the only one that tried. Fassbender basically showed up for the bit where he was in Poland with his family, the rest felt like he phoned it in.

No they aren't.

Less than 45 is panned

50 - 60 is mixed.

70-80 is generally favorable.

80+ is generally praised.

t. MCUck that thinks Thor 2 was good

What is Kino?

I only come to Sup Forums 10% of the time I am on 4chin and I have yet to learn the origin of this epic new meme.

Movie that the general audience thought was shitty, but Sup Forums will go full contrarian to defend

>xmen apocalypse 43% RT
>BvS 27% RT
>MCV 90% RT

Conclusion: The majority of comic book movie-goers in the world are filthy casuals and are fed with so much capitalism into their brain dead skulls.

P.S. Disney is run by the jews.

Terrible movies that Sup Forums will argue as art films

Alright, where did it begin and why?

You could probably argue it was brought to the forefront by BvS and it's endless shitposting. And because of ironic shitposting that at some point stopped being ironic and actually tricked people into thinking it was real

How old do you think McAvoy, Byrne, and Fassbender are exactly?

Batman v. Superman started receiving terrible reception.

Marvel Cinematic Universe is absurdly popular franchise.

Therefore, Sup Forums went to bat for Warner Bros. just so that they're not the other guys.

It's gotten out of hand though. At this point, I seriously believe that some people out there honestly consider BvS to be some sort of under appreciated work of genius.

40s? I was referring to the younger cast. Havok, Beast, etc, are in their late 30s by now. First Class took place 20 years ago by their timeline

Samefag here.
ask any marvel cuck fanboy a trivia of their beloved characters beyond the cinematic universe and see what they only know. Its depressing as fuck. Why?

>because they dont

yeah, but what is k-i-n-o? Where did that phrase come from?

German word for movies. Which in itself was somewhat of a long running joke on Sup Forums of flick vs movies vs film vs kino, when they all mean the same thing

No it doesnt retard

>Kinography
>Examples:
>Pacific Rim (2013)

Pacific Rim is Kino you dumbass

German word for cinema. Sup Forums started using it as a go-to meme buzzword to describe only the absolute top tier of important artsy avant garde patrician film, but it's been rendered meaningless by capeshitters globbing onto it in order to feel validated in their pleb taste and now everyone here calls everything kino. And when everything is kino, nothing is.

>"I liked it because it wasn't completely forgettable
wtf i saw this LAST NIGHT and ive already forgotten most of it it was that fucking generic

>Sophie Turner's line delivery was so bad it was embarrassing
>Some of the dialogue assumed the audience was fucking retarded by stating things that you could figure out yourself easily
>Nightcrawler not being able to teleport through electricity was dumb
>Surprising amount of gore
>Magneto killed hundreds of thousands of people and this is never mentioned after the fact
>Quicksilver hogged the best parts again

The movie doesn't deserve as bad of a rating as it's getting on RT right now. It's still a good movie, just the worst of the new X movies.

>many of the same people who loved DofP for not being a generic Marvel movie hate Apocalypse for the same thing
[citation needed]

10 years since DoFP, which was 10 years since FC

>>characters are 20-30 years older than DOFP
It's 10 years after DOFP you dipshit.

>It was strange watching him in ancient egypt already garbed in his Celestial future tech body armor
Well they explained that some Pharaoh was basically an alien and that Apocalypse killed him and took his shit.

>X-Men team in their prime get rekt by fucking Toad
>X-Men team as kids beat Apocalypse

anyone else catch the ghostbusters easter egg? it's a part where cyke blasts a michelin man billboard diagonally making it look like the gb logo

>Reviews literally saying "Why wasn't this funny like a Marvel movie?"
>"T-that's not the reason BvS was panned though..."

>Someone says it's not fun
>That means it doesn't have jokes.
>It doesn't mean the movie wasn't entertaining.

Because that team version was weak as fuck.
They didn't know better because they just trained their abilities to basically not kill anybody, not to defend themselves or protect anybody.
Remember that Magneto was their very first enemy.

I thought mystique was supposed to be blue and shit, why the fuck does she just look like regular Jennifer Lawrence when shes not a copy of anyone? As far as i know Mystique is only not blue when she is a copy of somone else, did she copy JLaw at some point?

>forced plot
Holy shit, how is this criticism? You're a fucking joke man

Disney saw a threat to their precious franchise and they paid off critics to give bad reviews to non MCU movies. The only reason Deadpool wasn't critically panned was because they didn't see it as a threat. I expect Deadpool 2 to get similar reviews when it comes out.

Did you not watch First Class?
She has a normal appearance which is basically her, if she wasn't a mutant.

Gosh people, seems like they really have to spell it out for you.... She was blue for most of DoFP because she was a rebel against everything, hated mankind, and deemed her non blue form a disgrace. Having to hide was her trigger so it makes sense she was mostly blue and naked.
This movie specifically states that after the events of DoFP she went into hiding, after becoming iconic for mutants of course, and found herself disappointed because she achieved nothing from her rebellious phase. Then a way for her to cope, was presenting herself to society as her regular form. She kept doing things for the mutant community but not openly.

I thought Apocalypse was better than Days. But thanks for all the bashing, it keep my expectations low, making me enjoy the movie more.

>I was a dressing
what kind?

I hope you aren't serious. General public has no idea about Marvel x DC, about disney!Marvel x non disney!Marvel. They'll see the super heroes, or see the Marvel logo in the beginning and assume it's from the same shit

Christ, you're a fucking moron. Yea of course its because people are simply blinded by Marvel movies. It has nothing to fucking do with the movie being a piece of shit. Step out of your Sup Forums hugbox for one second you god damn idiot.

Soundtrack was glorious

youtu.be/wqVCFsnNjFQ

Can't wait to see it again desu.

Why cast Jubilee and give her a comic accurate costume only to have her do jack shit?

Nobody likes jubilee

fuck off

>only to have her do jack shit?

Just like in the comics!

I heard she did stuff in the unseen mall scenes.
Maybe we'll see those in the director's cut.
Also, keep in mind this was just a stepping stone for the new cast. An introduction. If that rumored 90s themed movie does happen, I expect Jubilee and the rest to kick all sorts of ass.

Better than BvS worse than Civil War.

idk... the X movies always felt so small in scale compared to the MCU movies. Wish they were bigger.

Because her purpose - fun 80's fashion, normal teen shopping - scene was cut. Mall cut when.

>Apocalypse
>Good movie

Ah ha. Ah ha ha ha ha ha.

U wot m8?

>the hate on X:A

Probably because Wolverine isnt in it

>Probably because Wolverine isnt in it

hue

I don't think it's hate, just plenty misinformation.
It also doesn't help that, as many have said, most critics/normies are so used to the MCU that they deem anything that deviates from it "a clusterfuck", "edgy", "too serious" etc etc.

What the fuck happened to beast? He looked decent in first class

>average life span
It was actually a lot longer than that IF (that's a big one), IF you made it out of childhood.

That's an eric edit shoop PacRim is kinography though.
Here's the original. There's another shoop with BvS floating around.

I fucking love Apocalypse this is the best X-Men movie yet.

X-Men > Civil War > Deadpool > whatever is the shittiest non cape movie to come out this year > BvS

I know, right?
>inb4 samefagging
No. It's not.

>movie doesn't cater to fan's needs
>get's deemed shit
This is why we get shit. We deserve nothing new.

Why did they go back to all wearing similar boring armor?

Apocalypse was trash, are you being fucking serious right now?