LIFE QUESTIONS THREAD

LIFE QUESTIONS THREAD.

I'll start...

Is it acceptable to hang out in a bar, not buy a single thing, just to use their dart boards and talk to people?

I'm a NEET, can't drink for medical reasons, and I like playing darts, and its the only place I know of that has real dart boards... I'm social enough to talk to drunk people.

also what the fuck is with gay dudes always hitting on me in bars, its fucking weird.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6gk_wBDInQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=rM8ejkJuxxs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-alcoholic_beverage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buy a fucking Pepsi or a club soda. Don't be a cheap nigger.

Why cant i fart

OP here, might have an impacted bowel. have you shit lately? if you don't shit for more then a week, I would seriously consider miralax for a couple of days, just read the label for serving instructions, but when you go to take a shit finally, its gonna hurt, a lot, not just your anus either.

but if you still don't shit, and or start seeing black stools, go to the hospital.

I hate Pepsi taste like flat coke.
and club soda is fucking bubbly water.
>also $2.50 for both

No, not acceptable to buy nothing. Order a non-alcoholic drink and leave a tip as if you had ordered a drink at full cost. If you stay for a long time, you should get a second one. No need to ever order more than two drinks, I think.

No one will resent you, if you do this, unless they are an asshole. And you can't do anything about the assholes.

food cringe thread nao?
food cringe thread.

>I hate Pepsi taste like flat coke.
>and club soda is fucking bubbly water.
Are you a baby? Wtf is this shit? Have a club soda with cranberry juice or something then, you fag. $2.50 is not enough by the way. That's what I mean when I say you need to leave a real tip. Even a dollar on that would be fine, I think. (And then if you stay for more than an hour, repeat once).

its a very small bar though, and I don't think I've EVER seen anyone leave a tip before. normally I go with a friend or two, who buy drinks, but id like to go by myself sometime to get out of the house more. but I don't exactly wanna just stand around and play darts and be awkward.. if there was another public type place like it with real dart boards, I would totally go instead, but there isn't.

why isn't it acceptable to buy nothing?

Not sure OP but I will tell you how I like my hotdogs.

Let me tell you what I do. I usually do 2 at a time.

>Take the bun, spread some garlic margarine on it. Then, take a cheese slice, and put it in the bun.
>Microwave the bun so the cheese melts on it.
>Microwave the hotdog so it just about splits.
>Throw some mince white onion on it (mince like McDonalds onions)
>Put a bit of mayo, some Dijon mustard, and a little bit of ketchup (or BBQ sauce if you prefer)

Enjoy! The Recipe is all yours friend!

dubs command it

Could I just give the bartender like 5 bucks instead? and not buy anything?

-OP

yes
but if there is no cover charge
and
you go by yourself then you should tip the bartender about $1-2 per game you play, especially if the bartender is also the owner
or
you go with others then you should buy one round of drinks for your group

>its a very small bar though, and I don't think I've EVER seen anyone leave a tip before
If you are in the united States, people are tipping when they sign the receipt. Usually you wouldn't leave cash unless you had paid with cash. If you are not in the US, then sorry for asuming.

>why isn't it acceptable to buy nothing?
Look buddy, it's just not polite. The bar is there to sell drinks. The dartboards are there to attract customers and keep them inside. If you aren't a customer, wouldn't you feel awkward just standing around in there? Have some respect for yourself. Having a drink is a way to make yourself socially acceptable and to not have to feel awkward about anything. Plus, it will make the other patrons feel.more comfortable--they won't even know you aren't drinking alcohol, so they will see you as another fellow customer instead of some creepy dude.

If you are too poor to buy $5 worth of drinks, you shouldn't be hanging around in a bar anyway.

>why isn't it acceptable to buy nothing?
you are using things that the owner provides to attract paying customers
by using them and paying nothing you are both using his property w/o compensating him for it and preventing someone who would compensate him from using it

Get a soda and if someone asks tell them it's gin and tonic. Then play your darts man, nobody will notice/care.

Bartender is NOT the owner, at least the girl and tall dude who's always in there when I go.

multiple employees for sure. not sure If I've ever seen the owner there or not.

also if you haven't figured out, I'm a tight ass jew with my money. IDC about tipping the bar tender like 5 bucks for me being there for like 2 hours or so. but I'm sure as hell not buying a round of drinks for any of my shitty friends.

ill die and go to hell man b4 i eat some hellmann ... but mirrorlkaweep id eat that
youtube.com/watch?v=6gk_wBDInQ8

I guess, but why would you want to do something weird instead of just doing what any normal person would do? The bartender would be confused and you would have to explain...it would come across as very unusual.

What the fuck is your problem bro? Apologies if you just have autism or something, but I'm giving you good advice here.

ketchup on a hot dog?! jesus fuck i heard this was a bad place and after 6 years i finally see it. you mother will die tonight if you read this, invincible spell cannot be cancelled unless you reply.

alternate to tipping is buying something, even if you just toss it
if you buy instead of tip
then buy ~$2-4 of w/e for every game you play
the increase is bc that is about the difference between the tip and what the owner pays for what you buy

Seriously, it isn't just about what the bartender and staff thinks. If you just hang out with no drink or anything PEOPLE will think you're weird. Just get something that looks like a drink. If you're that desperate for social interaction that you need to go to a place and talk to dumbed down people, at least try to fit in.

I've got Aspergers, my life revolves around being fucking weird.

idc if someone knows it is just a soda, but drinking soda is still a big no-no with my small intestine issues, can be done just in very small amounts.

I'm only using the boards, I bring my own darts, and have even replaced some of the flights on their provided darts with the ones I bring.

yes im USA, but the bartender Ive only seen take credit cards, before drinks are had, or they take a tab for people who come in often. Like I said, IVE never seen tips, but im not in there everyday either.

>If you just hang out with no drink or anything PEOPLE will think you're weird. Just get something that looks like a drink.
Yes, thank you! For real OP, it's very easy to do the minimum required to fit in at a bar. It's so easy that refusing to do it immediately raises a red flag. No alcohol required. Lots of people don't drink alcohol for various reasons, but still want to socialize.

>Ive only seen take credit cards
>never seen tips.
You can tip on the card...

Just buy a soda or non-alcoholic drink. Don't be a leech. They have bills to pay. If you're going to go and see under their lights and piss in their toilets then at least throw a couple dollars their way.

>I'm only using the boards
look into buying a quality dart board
they last about 1000 games
make sure you are compensating them for the price of a board for every 1000 games you play

>also what the fuck is with gay dudes always hitting on me in bars, its fucking weird.

Holy shit user, you are so beta you irradiate pheromones that inform other men of your undeveloped balls

for fuck sakes, get an orange juice or something. it is NOT socially acceptable to sit around a bar where people go to drink and stand around sober to play darts. quit being a fucking jew with your money. buy your own dart board or get some sort of beverage at the bar. if you continue to do what you're doing you will be sho'ed out eventually.

>I've got Aspergers
No worries man, me too.

But listen, at a USA bar, you are definitely meant to tip. The bartender takes the card at the beginning to run a tab (you don't have to do that, though, since you know you aren't going to order a lot or get drunk), but the patron has to sign a receipt when he gets his card back at the end of the night. $1 would be plenty.

Even if soda is a problem for you in addition to alcohol, there are likely some common bartending ingredients that you can drink. Definitely look into juices.

>drinking soda is still a big no-no with my small intestine issues
What can you order? Order that. If you can literally only drink water, that's fine, just pay for it.

yeah but I seen them take cards, the people drink, leave their empty drinks on the tables, and walk out. never see receipts given or nothing.

this is the dartboards they use in there. exact ones.[pic] they aren't top of the line, but I mean they are good enough.

my balls are plenty developed. their quite large actually. Want to see?

youtube.com/watch?v=rM8ejkJuxxs
good night sweet OP, good luck with whatever it was.

>this is the dartboards...
then look up the price of that
add ~10%
make sure you are paying twice that much in other goods
and at least buy 1 drink when you arrive and just carry it around for the night

>make sure you are...
every 1000ish games

How do you think people get their cards back? Anyway, why would we all be telling you to tip? Those bartenders live on their tips. The profit from the drinks goes to the owner, who you will never meet, but your tip goes right to the people who work there and will see you every time you come in. Why would you want those people to resent you, when you can buy them off so cheaply? Think of it as a good investment.

It's fine to be at a bar, even if you're not drinking alcohol, but you have to buy SOMETHING. I know a lot of people that hang out in bars and have club soda, pop, ice tea, or even just water. But they pay for their drinks. Maybe OP doesn't want to drink anything. Fine, then order food. But you have to buy something.

If OP autist wants to really make friends, he should use his sobriety to his advantage. Offer to take drunks home. Charge $5 a person.

Can't drink anything with too much acid, that was kinda the point. I normally drink waters. I'm not trying to be difficult or troll, just seriously trying to understand the bar thing.

oh I didn't know that about the tipping. hence why I'm asking, but like I said, I always try to bring one of my "normal" friends with me and they normally buy something and we play darts, but I don't buy nothing, but I wouldn't mind maybe paying 4/5 dollars for just being there.. sure its "WEIRD" but what ever, maybe ill just save up some money and buy my own board and hang it on my porch or something.

yeah my whole point of saying that was to tell op that he needs to buy something

Then do that, you fucking assburger! It's fine to be at a bar and not drink alcohol, but you have to buy something! I'm guessing it costs money to play dart, right? Well, when you first walk in, give the bartender a $20 and ask for change. When they bring you it, give them $5.

They have no food, maybe ill have a water next time, I don't know. its a small place like I said, no room for food.

and I can't take drunk people home, I ride a motorcycle, I don't have enough possible insurance to cover my ass when some dumb drunk dude rolls off the back of my bike and cracks his skull open like an egg. otherwise good idea.

It's proper etiquette in any business to spend money in said business if you plan on hanging out there. If you're in the bar and not spending money, that's one less paying customer who could have fit into the bar instead. Even mega-NEETS who go to McDonalds to use their wifi buy food and whatnot to justify their being there.

It's not your living room, OP, it's someone's way of supporting themselves. They didn't open the bar so that you could just hang out there for free and use their dart board.

If you plan on hanging out there, don't be stingy. since you're not drinking, maybe order some fries and a soda or something so that you don't just look like a leech who's using their property selfishly.

The reason you haven't "seen tips" is because, if everyone is paying with cards, then they're leaving the tip on their cards.

tl;dr If you plan to frequent any business and not be viewed as the local weirdo, you should buy things from that business to justify your being there. It doesn't have to be alcohol - you can buy some food and a soda (or whatever it is you like to drink) and then you just look like normal customer and everyone's happy.

It's fucking weird you like playing darts

>just seriously trying to understand the bar thing.
Basically, it is a social environment that people pay a small courtesy fee for the privilege of inhabiting. The drinks at a bar cost much more than the ingredients used to make the drinks as a result of this. So even if you don't drink alcohol, remember that you aren't the only one who is paying a little "extra" to be there.

Yes, it would be cheaper for a person to drink by himself at home, or for you to play darts at home, but the bar is more fun and less lonely!

Die immediately. You're too backward too actually exist anyway.
I think you're a figment of my imagination.

Peanut butter pickle is a 10/10 sandwich. Been eating them since i was a kid. Try it if you haven't.

Every bar has a soda gun. Order tonic water with bitters in it. It tastes good. Bartenders know it's a drink that means, "I'm not drinking, but I want to hang." And it gives you an opportunity to give them a tip so they don't side-eye you all night.

OP, respectfully, you need to work on those social skills a bit more. I can tell just from this thread. Hanging out at a bar playing darts with drunk people might actually be really good for you!

no darts are free, no money has to be paid to enter the bar/play darts, its why I started going.

I already got all this from other people, but thanks.

It gets me out of the house.

yeah I figured that its much cheaper at home. I might just buy my own dart board sometime in the future, but for now ill just keep going with friends and not by myself, so its less weird for people around me.

He won't drink anything with bubbles, and just wait until he finds out that splash of bitters has a tiny bit of alcohol.

For anyone else other than OP wondering how to order a non-drink at a bar though, that's a very suggestion you could use anywhere.

To me a dollar per drink is the BARE MINIMUM at bars. Only exception is if it's also a restaurant and you got an actual meal with your drinks, then I could see an argument for 20%.

Seriously, you're not a real person. I'm imagining you.

its why I started doing it though? I'm socially awkward but not as bad as I once was. and I don't dress weird, or do the naruto run everywhere.. my brain just doesn't do normal social cues very well, like making eye contact while talking to someone, or changing the subject to really weird and random things.

what country are you? some countries don't have a tipping culture really, you pay what's on the bill and that's it.

as stated already, I'm american, I know the tipping culture exist here, normally I'm good for it normally 25% for like pizza delivery's or something, but I don't eat out like ever so I'm not custom to everything.

Thanks for elaborating. I wasn't able to read the entirety of the thread and all of OP's considerations cause it all seemed super duper autistic.

You don't even have to consume what you buy, you could literally buy the cheapest beer they have then just let it sit there if you so choose, but you should certainly buy something, it's just good manners.

If you're in a bar and you're not generating income for the bar then the people who own it/work there do not want you there. If you're that dead set against just buying a couple bucks worth of food/drinks then just get your own dartboard and play at home.

>for now ill just keep going with friends and not by myself, so its less weird for people around me.
Sure, but I just want to emphasize one more time that it would not be weird at all if you had a cup of something (even water) in your hand and found some way to pay some money for it. If the water is free, the suggestion to ask for change is a good way to initiate the "I tip you" transaction.

It sounds like a good.kdea that would be fun for you, so I don't want you to give up on it so easily, just because we all said you should buy something!

I'm now imagining that you are on fire and jumping out of an airplane with no parachute.

If you have to ask other people if it's ok to do something as benign as playing darts it means you're a faggot and that's why guys hit on you. You look weak and no weak man is heterosexual as he can't assume the position of power in a relationship.

OP you could also just buy a drink FOR the bartender. That's not unheard of. I just think it would be easiest for you, with your apparent social anxiety, to step into something you could script smoothly ahead of time. Something like change for a 20 or ordering a cranberry juice.

I just don't think buying something I'm going to waste, its just that, waste full. IDC about dropping 5 bucks for nothing but being there, but I don't want to waste things just for the sake of "fitting in" because ill never fit in with any of the people around me. but that's fine, so I can stick to my beliefs.

You may be high.

glad being a dick makes you feel better. have a good night user.

Going to bars is a great way to socialize for sure, you just have to understand that the unspoken contract of a bar is "we let you come in and use our business as a social hub, in return you spend a few bucks here and there on drinks/food/pool/jukebox/whatever other thing you can spend money on." Once you understand that then you'll be able to function normally in a bar, and if you can handle interacting with people at a bar then you can handle people ANYWHERE.

As a bar owner fuck no unless your a smoking hot 21 yo girl with big tits, no bra and a short skirt with no panties. Other then that your on your ass out of my place.

I am here to make money. Go shoot darts at your friends house!

For the bartender? that's a good idea. I'm socially awkward because my eye contact issues, but I can still talk to strangers. Just didn't think the bartender could be drinking behind the bar.

I can handle people just fine, they just can't handle me. lmao

I find eye contract hard too, insecurities or something, I don't even like going to the bars anymore, so you're doing okay

I'm glad you were mad enough to reply ;)

ah ok, just kinda got the idea that maybe you weren't since NEET isn't really a term in the US, it's a eurasian thing.

Not mad at all. you should google "Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation" it will help you in your rage parade conquest.

I still have to try. otherwise I would get very bored.

Since the bartender makes the drink himself, he can put as little alcohol in it as he wants, if he feels like he can't or shouldn't drink. I think buying a drink for a bartender as a way of tipping is a bit more uh, intimate though. Like, I would be careful not to come across as hitting on the bartender at all. Asking for change could be a good workaround.

My friend owns a bar and he's more concern that there's not too much violence and drugs than some guy playing darts. You're kind of a douche.

>Just didn't think the bartender could be drinking behind the bar.
most states prohibit that
and in states that don't, most bars not owned by the bartender prohibit that
it is a lie to say "I don't want to drink, but I do want to pay for using the games."
most tenders won't even make the drink you ordered

Wow you literally just managed to out-autist the admitted autist. Be proud.

nb

What the fuck does the Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation have to do with anything? Man, no wonder you're fucked socially.

Yeah and you replied. I guess we're 3 autists now right?

at least you're trying to figure the rules out, there's so many sperg fucks in my town who can't socialize properly, and are totally oblivious too

I use NEET because of Sup Forums, been here a long time...

Well like I said earlier too, my social cues picking up skills are terrible, I'm sure my delivery is just as bad. there's always a women who works at the bar when im there, maybe I could just buy her a drink, and it would seem less gay, I mean I'd rather her think I was hitting on her, then something else... at least it would be more "socially acceptable" in a bar type setting...

I'm not understanding what you meant by that last half.. care to explain?

>Whats the big deal its just a salsa and egg breakfast burri-

if you read it, you wouldn't be so confused on what they have to do with.

Yup. what I got so far is.
Buy a drink, even if its just water.
If I don't want a drink, offer to buy a bartender a drink instead.
tip at least 1 dollar for every drink.
and don't order anything with bitters.

>care to explain?
normies have many standard actions and statements that mean something completely different than what they appear
buying a bartender a drink is one of those
you are not buying the drink for the bartender to have something to drink
you are buying the bartender a drink to pay for being in the bar using the bar's facilities and equipment w/o drinking

Dude, your writing skills are fine, there's no way you can't be smooth socially. It's the anxiety that makes things come out wrong. It's normal and happens to everybody even Chad who's 6ft tall and has fucked more women than you can dream of. That's why they serve alcohol in bars. People get hammered and that's how you get the bars dynamic. Maybe the bar scene isn't for you you know. People there are here to fuck or get smashed. I don't think you're going there with the right intents.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-alcoholic_beverage
Here ya go champ. Mocktails are a thing.
If you're gonna show up and use an establishment's facilities, pay them. It's called not being a fucking douchefuck.

Most bars, you order a mojito and it's weak enough to almost be a mocktail anyway.

Oh I understand now, yeah that's what I was thinking in my head that it was.

I read it and it could apply to you as well as me. The fact that you can't realize that kinda make me giggle.

states can prohibit it but if no one tells, it doesnt really matter. I worked in a bar/restaurant, the bartenders would sample drinks, hand off excess from drinks that aren't prepared in the glass to servers, stuff like that. I'm sure this varies though and some places are much stricter.

You're pathetic

You're fucked if you identify other people as normies. This gives you no chance of ever being ''normal'' as if it's even a thing. You're not a special little snowflake baby girl, life is hard for everybody.

We all contain multitudes, man. I have thought of "normies" before, but other times I see myself as normal. What's the point of absolutes and ultimatums?

Its not about applying, its about knowing. everyone is guilty for using any one of those in a conversation at almost any given time. its human nature.

I cannot have ANY form of booze, not even a little. ill just stick to water if need be.

I don't really have social anxiety. my weirdness is just natural. I'm very sociable, and can talk to almost anyone I meet. I don't have an issue with that, my subject matter and delivery skills are what needs work.

Jesus fucking Christ. You're pitching a fit over $2.50? You just can't afford to go out then. I just spent $20 at a bar an hour ago, $6 tip on a $14 tab, because the bartender was an alright sort and pointed me towards one of the better beers I've had in my life. Dude earned his tip, and I'm not a cheap fucking nigger who can't afford to pay to go out to a bar.

Bars cost money dipshit. Either be prepared to pay or stay the fuck home and masturbate into a sock to your waifu, you neetbeard fucking waste of life.

It's okay to not be able to afford to go out. Not everyone can. Just accept that and find other, free things to do. Don't try to go out to things that cost money and then puss out when they COST MONEY.

playing darts is free. hence why I go. don't be so blasted, go to bed now.

>had a good time spending money

Why so mad then?

Social anxiety is not a disease though.

Mad at the dipshit who bitches about spending money for having a good time. Seriously, kid should just man up and pay his way and enjoy himself or stay home.

It's actually a good thing when something costs money so you can't afford to do it all the time. That makes it special. It's a treat. It's not something you take for granted, or can do every day.
And the people at the bar you go to play darts at won't fucking hate you because you'll be observing etiquette and paying for taking up space in their bar.

I myself like shooting ranges. Range and rental fees are expensive enough I can only afford to do this once every week or two. Means I enjoy it that much more when I get a chance to enjoy this hobby. It's special to me. And I never bitch about paying for it.

Yeah well it's a not a place to play darts either, the dart board just happens to be there. You go there to get pussy or get drunk. If you wanna play darts subscribe to your local freemason quarters.