Alright Sup Forums I have a peculiar situation I need help with

Alright Sup Forums I have a peculiar situation I need help with.

So I have a go-to band that I show girls I'm talking to. An obscure enough band that nobody would recognize them but universally likeable and upbeat. Well I'm trying to talk to a girl I met through my best friend but the first night of all of us chillin he puts that band on. So now I have to find another equally obscure yet universally likeable and upbeat band so I can show her something new. Any advice/recs, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uR9pt73L_JU
youtube.com/watch?v=EWZxThGh5wQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I chuckled

Haha yeah I know it's a pretty weird situation but I have social anxiety and I feel like if I can't dominate the musical aspect of our social hangouts then I have no authority at all within the group and can't be taken seriously.

pls help

what band is it

Literally any elephant 6 band

literally use Sup Forumscore

car seat headrest, arctic monkeys, modest mouse, whatever.

Biting Elbows

youtube.com/watch?v=uR9pt73L_JU

normies love this shit no idea why but it's cool cause I enjoy it too.

Any specific rec's? Looking at their bands now looks like a pretty good variety but I'm not familiar with most of them.

Arctic Monkeys is a good idea, Modest Mouse is too melancholy for what I'm going for.

how about built to spill?

Of Montreal, Apples in Stereo, and Olivia Tremor Control for starters.

This

Obscure yet likable, hm...?

Well I think I know your guy....

>lisa germano
>juliana hatfield
>liz phair

i highly suggest using any of those three artists as your go-to rec for girls. don't use tori amos, that's too obvious

they're obscure enough that the girl probably won't know of them. but they can also be very accessible

i guarantee success

Is Arcade Fire popular anymore?

Were they ever?
(grammys don't count)

This one used to drop the panties, idk if it still works with the dipshit kids these days tho

youtube.com/watch?v=EWZxThGh5wQ

that picture is litterally you op

Stereolab, say an older cousin got you into it when you were younger and it makes you feel comfy

In short, lie and make up an alternate personality because you are a mong

Built to spill's pretty great ^

This is a solid answer, and OP really is a mong

probably some tumblr tier garbo that le cool alt girls listen to, like teen suicide or salvia plath

people really do shit like this? kek

Gotta get the puss somehow eh?

mr twin sister