SPIDERLAND THREAD

SPIDERLAND THREAD

I've seen this album all over the place recently. Let's just dedicated one thread to it. I got drunk earlier and listened to it again, good stuff

I once played "Nosferatu Man" for my normie friend, his exact words were "This is freaky but I like it"

the drum fills in Good Morning Captain get my dick hard

*creeps up into the sky*

i just "got" this album. HOLY FUCK i dont know what i missed the first listen

Do you think GMC is the best song on the album? personally I think Breadcrumb Trail is better

its between gmc and don aman

I iwsh I could relive the experience of 'getting' this album again

not him but i think breadcrumb trail is clearly the best

Don, Aman's climax is maybe the best on the album

>LIKE SWIMMING UNDERWATER IN THE DARKNESS

I was fucking floored. I haven't heard an album that makes you stop everything and just listen like I was paralyzed for a long time. I can't believe mu was right about how good it is

why does everyone hate this album

???

Because it's not pretentious at all. It was made by young, unassuming white males. It doesn't circlejerk with theory. It's edgy and dark

Any of these.

I just went for a run through some foggy moonlit woods and listened to this whole album again. quite the trip.

this
I've heard people rag on it for being pretentious but it is possibly the least pretentious post/math rock albums ever published

and not Washer as well?

GOODNIGHT MY LOVE

the vast majority of people here love the album

if you see people criticizing it they are most likely contrarians who know that it will provoke Sup Forums

WASH YOURSELF IN YOUR TE-URS

I think I may be in the small minority of people who don't like washer
I really like the instrumental but dear god is the vocal delivery and lyrics so whiny and effeminate
I understand this was done by young guys so I try not to use that as an excuse to dislike it but it really kills it for me

SPIDERLAND POLL

1. Best Song?
2. Best line?
3. Is it a concept album?

Good Morning Captain
>With amuesment
>With evasion
>With contempt
>so distant
>with malice
I don't think it is. maybe very loosely but I think it's just a great album with little mini stories
if it were a concept album you might, for instance, hear about the fortune teller more than just in the first song

1. Good morning captain
2. (This is a personal favorite) "His friends stare, With eyes like the heads of nails"
3. No, themes do vary. Breadcrumb Trail is about getting laid, Nosferatu Man is about a vampire or some shit, Don Aman is meirl, Washer can really be about anything (although it is melancholy), and GMC is based on The Rime of the Ancient Mariner. It does have a very tentativr, spidery atmosphere (which is why it's called spiderland) but that's about it.

1. Breadcrumb Trail
2. delivery wise
>CREEPING UP INTO THE SKYYYGGHYYYYY
lyrically
>Don left, and drove, and howled, and laughed, at himself. H felt he knew what that was

3. Not really, it's somewhat of a thematic concept album dealing with isolation and depression, but it's losse. It has a very distinct atmosphere though

I always thought Breadcrumb Trail was about going to an amusement park
so many elements point to it
>the pirate ship is that one ride where the ship swings like a pendulum
>couldn't figure out why they wanted to stand in line is a pretty obvious one
>creeping up into the sky is the ascent on a roller coaster
>stopping at the top and starting down
maybe I'm just too pure but this is a song about a fun time at an amusement park called Spiderland

Not to mention the fact that he literally refers to carnival signs, rollercoasters, ticket takers and baskets of torn tickets

yeah I've always thought it was just a song about meeting a cute girl at a amusement park and having a nice day
whys everything got to be edgy, theres plenty of that in the album

>tiddies swinging like a pendulum
>eatin' pussy but you want your duck sucked already
>orgasm build up
>being in missionary and staring at her

>Breadcrumb Trail is about getting laid

It's about how being different from the norm has its own rewards. He didn't wait in line, he got laid. He did it by himself.

>, Nosferatu Man is about a vampire or some shit

A vampire who kills his woman, leaving himself alone.

>Washer can really be about anything

A dude saying goodbye to someone he loves is pretty evident. Let's call a square a square, shall we?

>GMC

Do I really have to explain this?

The album is about being alone. It's not difficult.

>not immediately falling in love with this album

i don't get it. i've never had to listen to an album more than once to like it. what do you even mean?

1. GMC
2. creeping up into the sky
3. kind of, not really though. it's thematically consistent, but there's no actual coherence beyond that

shit i wrote my post before i even saw this but we basically have the same opinions

it's explicitly about an amusement park/carnival

feelings about the Breadcrumb Trail documentary?

saw it when it came out and got to see a Q&A with Lance Bangs, which was awesome. There were a ton of hardcore fans there who asked super great questions that I wouldn't have even thought of (guys who were from Louisville and stuff).

Any favorite moments? General opinions?

I thought it was a great documentary, even if maybe Lance played up the "outsider"/"weird" vibe through the montages and stuff a bit too much. the footage of their parents and their basement jams was fucking amazing

Really surprised to find out he lived with James Murphy, according to the interview in the documentary.

Lance did? Is that the dude from LCD Soundsystem?

Sorry, it was Britt that lived with him in NYC at the time. And yes, he's the dude from LCD

Oh that's cool. I didn't even know Britt lived in NYC, i thought he just lived with Brian at Northwestern and then recorded the album

did you guys know how young they were when they made this album? i think they were like 17