Where did his vision come from? How did he know specifically what he wanted Loveless to be and sound like...

Where did his vision come from? How did he know specifically what he wanted Loveless to be and sound like? At that time nothing else sounded remotely like it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tEtp80EQOgw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You just KNOW

>At that time nothing else sounded remotely like it.
youtube.com/watch?v=tEtp80EQOgw

really though he just wanted to combine things he was interested in at the time like dance music, sampling, hip hop etc

you can hear loveless esque songs on isn't anything like no more sorry and all i need

This doesn't sound like MBV. It sounds like shit.

this is fucking great, thank you for sharing.

He hasn't heard of Loop. Jesus and Mary Chain? Curve?

How cute.

thank you for your comment, teenage male

I've listened to all of those. They're not obscure. They don't sound like Loveless. Quit trying to mentally masturbate.

literally incorrect opinion

Quit samefagging.

AR Kane sucks dick. That's why they've been forgotten.

the jesus and mary chain weren't doing anything comparable to loveless and mbv stopped copying their sound around 1986

i'm unfamiliar with loop's relation to mbv and haven't heard anything by curve that sounds like loveless nor do i know if either group were a direct influence on them but i'd like to know if they were

heartbreak.

I should've known teenagers who think they're the shit because they know what Ultra Vivid Scene and Spacemen 3 are would come in here and fag up the thread.

You're all fucking losers and if you think any of the early shoegaze bands sound like Loveless you're a dumb shit and you don't know how Loveless was made.

also godflesh

I'm pretty sure it's one guy, judging by the reply counter at least a lot of samefagging is happening in this thread.

The A.R. Kane guy is one guy.

I was referring specifically to this fucking tool:
He seriously thinks he's hot shit.

>Step 1: create All I Need while making Isn't Anything
>Step 2: create an entire album based on that sound

step 1: hold wang bar while you strum chords and "invent" new guitar playing style; call it glide guitar
step 2: buy 80s reverb rack units and discover reverse setting

k I like A.R. Kane and all but it's very obvious that you just read the Pitchfork article

If you read the wikipedia you''d find out

I shill AR Kane on here all the time, they're one of the most underrated bands ever, but Loveless sounds nothing like them. IIIRC Kevin said somewhere he saw JAMC live and it changed how he viewed the guitar, using it as a way to get textures and moods instead of riffs or something. Plus from what he says on the Art of the Riff interviews, he probably did a lot of drugs and wanted to simulate that trance-like sensation through the guitar.

wow projecting much? i haven't visited a pitchfork page in 7 years

i found out about them through some gearhead site's forums i think a few years ago in some shoegaze thread