Did Spike really die?

Did Spike really die?

It was all a dream.

i used to read word up magazine

According to the creator it's up to the viewer.

Did Spike really live?

According to the creator it's up to the viewer.

Due to the violence portrayed in the series, and the violence occurring at the time in Japan, the series was briefly canceled and "Mish-Mash Blues" was created. The characters provide a philosophical commentary and it ends with the words: "This Is Not The End. You Will See The Real 'Cowboy Bebop' Someday!"

I think it's supposed to be up to you, but I've always thought that he died.

Stop watching cartoons

Never.

more importantly, why was this show so good?

The real question. . .

subtitles
or dubbed?

He was born June 26, 2044.

i've seen cowboy bebop half a dozen times and i've never watched it with subs

They had some issues in japan so the answer is a "maybe". The creator refused to start fires and made a "its up to you." Comment.
The reality of it is at the end a star falls in correspondence with spikes eyes closing and everything in his life worth living is gone, destroyed, dead, or permanently out of reach and two reasons for truly living are gone. As mentioned a star falls when a warrior dies. So the closest you'll get is that "Spike" or his warrior persona/soul died and whatever iteration of spike he becomes will be a separate entity.
It's analogous to growing up where the child part of you dies and the adult part of you while similar and remembering everything you did as a child is still and entirely different entity and iteration of you.

Tl;dr Spike is "dead" and he's not coming back.

The real question is will you die when you past catches up to you?

What will you do?

If spike dies, then you die. You're going to carry that weight.

too deep for this thread

Yeah, dude. He's dead.

Because it showed how humans deal with fucked up situations. the music, the feels. I remeber watching one episode where theres prostitutes and i had the same feeling when i went down to tijuana for the first time. You sit down watch an episode and boom you're there.

Keep those eyes open!

It's so damn cool.

Simple little complexities:
Spike chats up the girlfriend of the fugitive he has to hunt down.
These messy relationships between people.

Everyone's weighed down with their own dreary mess, but still moving on.

And Ed.

The action's good.
The music's good.
It's an interplanetary sci-fi western.

Good balance of gritty and fun?

Salt n pepper heavy d in the limousine

Oh, well... Whatever happens, happens.