Green Day, Blink 182.

I thought those were posers

>A lot of dad metal like Metallica and Pantera
>Emo bands
>Crunkcore bands
>Anything Nightcore

I like Death Grips but hate the fans
I hate Grimes and the fans are cancer
Pink Floyd isn't as shitty as they're made out to be but I understand why nobody wants to admit liking them. Their fanbase is super cringey and cancer.
Kanye West. Massive faggot, overrated by mainly underage suburban white kids.
all Vaporwave.

>I hate Grimes
you really should not

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/69759296

why don't you use reddit instead? you seriously can't into promotion? even the dg sub is more active than your shit

>I shouldn't form my own, nuanced opinions, but rather just bandwagon with everything because reasons

are u ok

>promotion
what did he mean by this?

try a dictionary fuckhead

you just know

Are we really gonna call those people "fans" though?

I'm not a big Pink Floyd fan but I'd hardly call them garbage and acknowledge that they've done some pretty notable shit in their day.

it's a fact many a people in my generation pretend to like Pink Floyd

of course i don't think people shouldn't form their own opinions, that was just the way to express my incomprehension
i actively dislike both death grips and grimes, and i think they get way more attention than they deserve, but i don't get the fact that lots of dg fags on Sup Forums seem to hate grimes, like literally hate

see
deathgripsfags also hate blackie

Grimes simply makes uninteresting, underwhelming and mediocre music. If the same stuff was made by a guy it would be panned like no tomorrow. She's literally only famous because "muh female musician" and her autistic gimmick.

Death Grips on the other hand I find interesting. I realize they're not for everyone though.

i've liked Death Grips long before you user

>If the same stuff was made by a guy it would be panned like no tomorrow. She's literally only famous because "muh female musician"
as a literal gay who doesn't find her attractive i disagree with you

>autistic gimmick
like you can't say the same about mc ride

And also Visions and a bunch of other shit she's done was pretty good but whatever

Although Art Angels is admittedly garbage.

>Death Grips on the other hand I find interesting
listen to more music

>grimes is uninteresting
>grimes with rapping is interesting

cancerous elitists who like the smell of their own farts (You)

this guy gets it

you need to be ADD ridden hardcore Sup Forumstant to like those bands

you're cool

Both have awful fanbases because Grimes appeals to tumblr music "fans" and dg is attractive to the meme kids, but they both still have a reason to be respected. Grimes less so because she has released one consistently good album, but its still impressive that a woman has made some waves in a music scene that is predominantly men being the artists or the producers, and men making up the majority fanbase. Death Grips, whether you love or hate them, have pushed boundries and innovated a lot in mainstream indie this past decade, and while I think there are more talented groups, and artists out there, to belittle accomplishments, and music progression because of shitty fans isn't really fair.

being a female is meme
being birthed is a meme

continue rationalising your mistakes user

>Death Grips, whether you love or hate them, have pushed boundries
how exactly?

this

>death grips
>innovative
>pushing boundaries
i seriously hate Fantano for that meme, some kids actually believe that

I doubt that but also don't see how that's relevant in any way.
>gay
I understand that you have a snowflake complex. It represents nothing of value to me.
Not ALL her stuff is garbage, life isn't binary black and white. Majority of it is. There's nothing innovative or original in her work.
I listen to a lot of music, what does this have to do with anything? Are you saying I am not allowed to have curiousity?
Bait. With that logic though I would say that bland beats by themselves might be uninspiring but with a madman yelling over them they'd at least have some substance to it.

Why do grimesfags always barrage any dissenting opinion by being triggered

u seem like an unpleasant cunt to be around. Stop listening to your therapists advice and just end your life my nigga. follow your heart, life is indeed meaningless and your existence is irrelevant, you are absolutely right on the money there stop being a pussy.

projection, everyone

are you fucking maymaying me?

People who shit talk Kanye and his fan base are more cancer than the fans

oh, you never read up on the great contrarianism movement that's present in current internet culture

breaking new ground in the hip hop both lyrically and production-wise. If you don't wanna give them credit for that then at least admit that you know nothing about hip hop

I said in mainstream indie. I was trying to say Death Grips isn't as original and crazy as a lot of people say, but they brook into the mainstream, or mainstream enough to play at Coachella. Other "popular" artists picked up and started doing things they popularized, pushing more experimental music onto a more maintstream audience

yeah pham it's all about it pham

that reminds me of Grimes playing Coachella to get back on topic. that shit was sooo bad

Also outside of songs like "On GP" (which isn't that great lyrically compared to other bands and artists) Death Grips lyrics are dumb as shit, and are treated to have "meaning" by their fan base. You know a lot of music has really dumb and meaningless lyrics and thats ok? You don't need to dig deep into a trash pile looking for a diamond that isn't there.

wasn't so hard was it?

i enjoy mumford and sons

Motörhead. Shitty band and shittier fans

>lyrically
edgy limp bizkit tier lyrics are groundbreaking now?
also dalek did the same before death grips

>production-wise
sounding like like if blackie made collab with grimes and started his debut LP with a literal dalek rip-off is groundbreaking now?

>at least admit that you know nothing about hip hop
that's fun considering the rest of your post

>I understand that you have a snowflake complex. It represents nothing of value to me
read the post i replied to and my post again

what the fuck are you talking about idiot

You only represent one single gay guy so there's nothing to take away from your post. You could easily just be a gay guy with shit taste and it would mean nothing. An anomaly.

new in mainstream =/= groundbreaking

Just wanna say congrats to OP on starting this tire fire between the two most insufferable groups of people on this board, watching them fling their own shit back and forth at each other is pretty entertaining.

>a death grips fag complaining about someone having a shit taste in music
lel

If you legitimately think Death Grips are responsible for "mainstreaming experimental music" you're a fucking idiot and also probably a teenager.

I'm pretty neutral on this topic but to act like they're some kind of trailblazers is fucking laughable.

you are a very a boring person user

thanks

if by garbage you mean fucking childish then ye you have deep and hard point

I guess you can't read. I'm not saying there the same, I'm saying its objectively wrong to say Death Grips hasn't innovated in music. There was crazier more experimental shit then "Trout Mask Replica" at the time, and I don't even like the album, but to say it didn't influence music for the next 50 years is just not true.

>I'm saying its objectively wrong to say Death Grips hasn't innovated in music
new in mainstream =/= innovative

>grimesfag being the authority on good music taste
lel

ping pong is a such a dead sport

i believe Stefan writes on account of his own personal experiences, they may not make sense to many but the ambiguity allows the listen to find meaning in the music that relates to them. I don't sit around and ponder on the mystery of what they could be saying or theorize on some kind of deeper theme that theyre trying to convey but absorb the aspects of the music that i feel on an emotional level.

Holy shit contrarian shit heads are awful to talk to. I guess only one band brought experimental music into the mainstream in the 2010s. Way to take a statement that says "Death Grips isn't as experimental as a lot of artists but they helped popularize experimental ideas" as "DEATH GRIPS ARE EXPERIMENTAL TRAIBLAZERS".

i think i used to block the television in front of my family when i was younger. at least i grew out of it at all

>implying im a grimesfag
lel

>find meaning

you've made more of an argument by trivialising it

hipster bands

hipster thread

>they helped popularize experimental ideas

That's not even true either though! They would have to be influential in some manner for that to be the case, but I'm sorry to break it to you man, they just aren't. They're a relatively niche band with a cult fanbase, they aren't really affecting much of anything outside of that niche they've carved out either.

/burn-outs/ general?

Edgey limp bizkit tier lyrics? nice meme buddy. Dalek made experimental hip hop with industrial influenced beats but if you actually knew anything about the 2 instead of regurgitating other peoples argument points on why death grips is not good you would know they are both very different lyrically, production and theme-wise.

Sounds nothing like Blackie other than black guy shouting over weird beats. That grimes comparison holds no water too buddy. a LITERAL ripoff off Dalek you say? woah u have no idea wtf your talking about. Which death grips debut LP was a literal ripoff off Dalek?? let me know. A del comparison would have helped you out considering he has the closest sound to and could possibly be an influence of death grips's.

Your entire post literally shows that you know nothing of hip hop. You're the wrong person to to discredit death grips importance to hip hop

Listen man were getting into subjective territory, but don't you think the surge of industrial sounds into the mainstream with albums like "Yeezus" might have anything to do with one of the most popular industrial bands of the 2000s-2010s hitting it mainstream a couple of years before?

>You're the wrong person to to discredit death grips importance to hip hop
they're only important as a mainstream band, there's nothing groundbreaking or innovative in their music in general

>Edgey limp bizkit tier lyrics? nice meme buddy
i confused slipknot and limp bizkit tbqh, but not a big difference

>Sounds nothing like Blackie other than black guy shouting over weird beats
exmilitary is just less distorted spred luv lp, so is tms

>That grimes comparison holds no water too buddy
how so?
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/69759296

>Which death grips debut LP was a literal ripoff off Dalek
i was talking about only on song, which is beware

>Your entire post literally shows that you know nothing of hip hop.
that's fun considering the rest of your post

>You're the wrong person to to discredit death grips importance to hip hop
i didn't say they aren't important, i'm just saying they are not innovative

i can't believe you people could be so fucking boring

you're the wrong person my man

he's right though

nope, he's right

That comment section is indeed cringy desu

absolutely right, like a rapist with a life in your own hands

trips of truth

if you actually knew Grimes you would just how hard she sells her-self out

yeah but so death grips do

The group's song "Hacker" is featured in the video game Battlefield Hardline. Their songs have also been used on various commercials and TV shows like Waterloo Road and BoJack Horseman. The song "You Might Think He Loves You For Your Money But I Know What He Really Loves You For It's Your Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat" was used on an Adidas Predator advertisement.

grimes sells child-like innocence

but she's also a humanitarian who cares to exploit the pain of pipeline victims, and even sometimes animals abuse on her twitter pages. le meme grips though are cool, they're so fucking cool though. they're cool

hahahaha let's talk about that selling out phamily pham. are you hard?

bump

at this point i see that your just baiting matey. Beware is not a ripoff of anything other than the songs it was sampled from much like most of the songs on exmilitary. You are reaching my dude, have you heard zach hills solo work? if you have then you would know that zach ( who handles most of the production has always made glitchy, noisy and extremely distorted beats and is known for sampling too. Death grips is more or less extreme Zach hill production with Stefan rapping over it.

Name me a dg song that sounds like a grimes song?? is your argument really because bjork sounds like grimes and they wanna sound like grimes? nice source of evidence lol some other people talking shit, i now understand how you came to your views.

Beware sounds nothing like any dalek song. The janes addiction guitar sample? the horns? the beat of the drumming is faster than the pace of any dalek song i can recall. link me the song that sounds like beware.

But why are they important if they aren't innovative? explain this my mans

i've been a death grips fan since TMS. i have to tolerate these (ironic) delusional narratives now. Sup Forums is dead

And this is somehow a representation of all Pink Floyd fans ever?

good digits user

>this post

Twice