youtube.com/watch?v=SzgA7v_MEes
youtube.com/watch?v=CiKyHnIEVwA
youtube.com/watch?v=tZ9qeX4gUeo
youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0JGEmiv2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>aussie hip hop

Oy mate I fucked a kangaroo and violently took a poo

haha ami right? XD

daily reminder that skeamo aka skeaz lauren aka gutter rap godfather aka polo king of australia is the only good aussie rap
youtube.com/watch?v=SzgA7v_MEes

Both are great, but Strange New Past is the best Aussie Hip-Hop album ever made in my opinion. Saw him the day after the album dropped and people already knew every word to a lot of the songs hey.

Damn, I'm an Amerifag, he needs to tour in the US soon.
This was Tomorrow is my favorite, besides Where was You and Campfire.

It's actually awesome that anyone in the states even knows he exists desu. Who else have you gotten into from here?

Honestly just Seth. That's why I made this thread to try and find more shit like his.

Ahk cool. I'll give you a few of the main guys to start with hey.

Hilltop Hoods are basically the kings of Aus Hip-Hop, they were the first ones getting regular radio play and have been getting number one hits on australian charts for over 10 years now.
The Calling album is a good starting place for them.

Bliss n Eso are probably the next most successful, really fun, goofy songs with a few kinda more inspirational, uplifting stuff, they have this whole peace, love, unity thing that brought a lot of the scene together instead of the more competitive attitude of american rappers, they started getting everyone to lift each other up and got a bunch of lesser known guys some recognition (including seth).

Another good one is Pez, who's a straight up flow master. His latest album is killer.

Then there's 360 who is probably the current biggest name, he started a really cool thing on youtube called "rapper tag" where somone raps 100 bars or so, then tags another rapper and they do the same, so it got a whole bunch of unknown guys attention, great fun too. There's like 55 of them. I'm not the biggest fan of his work but he's done a lot for the scene so I respect him.

Fuck ya, thanks user, I'll check them out

Oh yeah, avoid Kerser like the fucking plague. Just chav bullshit dressing like a tennis coach.

Is ShepLife the most cohesive Australian hiphop release ever? Feels like some NWA type political shit but for Aboriginal people.

do you guys really like aussie hip-hop? I cannot fucking stand it. It's all pop bullshit and although i used to like bliss n eso all of their latest shit is boring with 1 minute choruses and this shitty 'sing rap' that all australian rappers do. also cannot stand their voices anymore

Are you literally just talking about that one ILLY song?

also fuck Illy

It really is a shame that briggs is such an SJW faggot. Literally can't get through a day without arguing with randoms on social media about a racist joke someone made or some shit like that. He's so fucking unlikable. Can rap good though.

no but he can go fuck himself

Honestly yeah. Most Aussie rappers still prefer technical, solid lyricism and flows to beatmongering. The chorus' are the least important part of Aussie Hip-Hop songs.

the choruses are what piss me off the most like i get mad when i hear how shitty they are, why even have them in the song at all? someone in this thread mentioned that kerser was shit but hes the least annoying rapper and i actually like his flows and his choruses are usually short or non-shit

>kerser
>least annoying rapper
oh boy

name me one who isn't

REMI, Sampa the Great, Briggs all have great choruses man

YEAH YEAH IMMA BUST A CAP IN YA CUNT WHILE I FUCK YA MUM IM SO HARD CUNT DONT FUCK WIT MY CREW CUNT!
Kerser has no talent and literally only lads like him. The choruses are the best parts of his songs because he's so shit at writing decent verses. His flows are the same in every song. Like, rapping fast doesn't make your verse good.

if you like Seth you'll like Joelistics i'm pretty sure
youtube.com/watch?v=CiKyHnIEVwA

REMI actually sounds decent, kind of reminds me of an australian Joey Badass

its not like i listen to him regularly i just think hes more interesting than these clowns who do 2 shitty verses and rely on the hook to carry the song

Illy and 60 are the only ones off the top of my head that can't write good verses. Seth is a rhyming machine, complex as fuck, Pez has some of the best flows in rap anywhere, including the states, and the older guys like Hilltops and Drapht are from a time where it was really hard to make money in aussie rap, so they had to appeal to the lowest common denominator to get hits. There are loads of talented guys.

Fuck Illy though.

Aussie hip hop could be god tier if they stopped thinking they're from Queensbridge.
Aussie hip hop needs to be more about relaxing with the boys and that kind of shit, feel good vibes but they rarely do it.

never really got into seth but i might considering this whole thread is praising him. don't like pez's voice but ill check him too.

Fuck him to hell and back. Literally everyday I hear catch 22 and papercuts

That's why I like Seth. I describe him as laid back hip hip. Sometimes I don't wanna listen to such serious shit and I just wanna hear a dude rap about going on vacation or quitting his job as a waiter

>Aussie hip hop needs to be more about relaxing with the boys and that kind of shit, feel good vibes but they rarely do it.
...What? That's literally the most common kind of songs from most of the bigger artists.

t. someone who hasn't been exposed to aussie hip hop constantly like I have

I'm kind of a mark for seth but you really should give him a shot. Really solid and I actually like his choruses. There's a few annoying songs like the waitress song and stuff but most of it is great, and even that has some really complex stuff in there.

OP here. I have no idea why Waitress Song is so popular and something like Pripyat or Vacation aren't popular. In my opinion Waitress song is shit compared to his other songs. Float away is deserving of it's popularity though

It was mostly just a meme. The indie heads and teenage girls heard a guy rapping about a cafe waitress and ate it up. It was the other songs that got him popular with the rap crowd.

It was a novelty single, it's kind of funny and harmless

most aussie hip hop is fucking GARBAAAAAAGE but AB Original are pretty dope

youtube.com/watch?v=tZ9qeX4gUeo

Oh, yay, SJW anthems. BLM: Australia edition.
Trials is a good producer though.

cant help that Briggs is a mad cunt. Ive met him before too - real nice guy - skulled a jug of draft in like 10 seconds

>XD

you can't make worthwhile hip hop when your country has no culture

He comes across as a full blown tumblrina on social media, it's so fuckin off putting.

oh totally. His twitter is the fucking worst

Thats true.
>Australia has loads of good hip-hop
>Therefore Australia has a lot of culture

yeah sure if you're a shard addict with 6 kids at 22

The only people who think Australia has no culture are pissy losers who never had friends in school, so they grew to resent everyone around them.

not a huge fan of sentry, but have you guys heard about (aussie guy too) must volkoff?
youtube.com/watch?v=Zm0JGEmiv2M

I dunno man, I can't get into a lot of these new young guys coming up with the whole lad aesthetics and that grime influenced sound thing.