Ew user you actually like metal? why? it's just screaming

>ew user you actually like metal? why? it's just screaming.

is there a good way to respond to this mu? why does everyone become so accusatory when they find out you listen to metal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E5asPCHR6GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0N117aqVkA0
youtube.com/watch?v=kTHU70Q9YbA
youtube.com/watch?v=hWNS_cBNpeY
youtube.com/watch?v=4eXIeVij_hY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just don't talk to or associate with any people IRL

this

i wish it was that easy but i need a job and someone to have sex with on a regular basis

I've never heard anyone say anything remotely close to that about metal, ever. Even my Mom is more self aware than that.

>he needs someone else to touch his penis

You do not belong here.

shit dude where do you live? that green text is almost verbatim the response i get from any normie that finds out i like metal

I live in small town Ohio. Everyone here either grew up with thrash in the 80s, nu metal in the 90s or meme verb the noun bands in the 2000s.

damn. i live in california. i thought people here were supposed to be progressive.

>Yeah I liked Arctic Thunder a lot, too, user. Mind if I have your children?

Post yfw this will never happen to you

Are there any good metal artists? Im serious, can you name some? Im curious, I've genuinely tried to find some good artists but came up empty handed

>inb4 Burzum and co
> Inb4 SOAD and Nu-metal
> Inb4 Sleep

>Post yfw this will never happen to you

even though i wasn't a huge fan of arctic thunder, i would still get a boner

what kind of music do you normally like? what are you looking for in metal?

no i only listen to powerviolence, screamo, and grindcore you dumb cunt

My favorite active metal artist would be monolord, favorite inactive (because it was an experimental project or whatever) would have to be Pan.Thy.Monium

Do you want something more melodic with cleaner vocals? That seems like it may be more accessible to most people. Here's a few you may or may not enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=E5asPCHR6GQ

youtube.com/watch?v=0N117aqVkA0

youtube.com/watch?v=kTHU70Q9YbA

youtube.com/watch?v=hWNS_cBNpeY

youtube.com/watch?v=4eXIeVij_hY

the amount of times the company i work for have used this fucking stock image man...

Not him, but quads demands that I check out these bands.

I'm the type of person who would then text them the link to Pandemonic Hyperblast. "Fuck You and I don't care"

>all music with screaming = screamo

>Metal fan automatically assumed the conversation is behind a screen rather than in person

Like pottery

yikes what company do you work for?

The metal I listen to doesn't need a singer. Instrumentally, it's fun to listen to. The screaming is just for texture.

jej

It's really not that important what people this basic think of you, or what you like. Accept and move on.

this is actually very close to what i say most of the time, but they don't usually get it. it seems like most casual music listeners focus almost exclusively on vocals.

I like classical music jazz music electronic music (I make it) prog metal. It don't matter as long as it's original.

But there are few metal bands I like. Less than a dozen. That's how it is for most genres though.

it's extremely hard for me to find people who share the same interests as me. most of the time when it comes to socialization and friendship i have to settle for people with basic taste.
i don't wan't to come off as some douchebag elitist. most of the time it's fine. I can usually like people for who they are, and not what they're interested in, but i hate when they try to attack my interests with obviously uneducated and ignorant bullshit like "it's just screaming." it drives me crazy

It's good you understand that someone's taste in music isn't who they really are. There are a hundred things more important to look for in a friend than taste in music.

Trust I know people who share my taste in music, and most of them are pretty obnoxious. I'd much rather hang out with good people who listen to top 40 and EDM bangers than fuckwits who listen to what I'm into.

I guess the unicorn breed that has both is out there somewhere. Someday.

I have no friends with my music taste.

Not even something as simple as enjoys

>Coltrane
>animals as leaders
>rhcp

Where they at? Where are those open minded people?